Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
NickH

Drives: 2010 camaro SS2
exhaust quandary

I know this is a common question but hard to find an answer...
I have arh 1 7/8 lt headers with x-piping (3in) and am having a heck of a time trying to figure out what axel back I should be putting on... I'm temped by the ARH or maybe a Borla... would the ATAK be to loud?? I definitely want a deep mean muscle sound... just real confused on all the options, maybe i can get some guidance
NickH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Best way is to try and hear as many as you can in person. The online video's do not always do them justice.

Most kits out there are going to work with about any header on the market but check with your header manufacturer to be sure.

Borla, MagnaFlow, and ours are going to be on the deeper side of the sound spectrum.

Corsa's are generally going to be a higher pitched, and more hollow sounding.

Flowmaster has a nice deep rumble to it as well.

Most aftermarket systems are going to be 2.5" and a few like ours will be 3" in and out.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
flowmann

Drives: 1972 Camaro Z28
NickH – The sound of an exhaust system is different for everyone. What some people think is deep and throaty is not the same for others.

Volume levels are also subjective. You can use videos like the following videos to get an idea of what you’re looking for in an exhaust.

Anthony had good advice with trying to hear an exhaust in person. Go to where Camaros hang out (car clubs, local get-togethers, racetracks, etc.) and find the volume and tone you’re looking for and ask the owners what exhaust systems they have.

Good luck!
flowmann is offline   Reply With Quote