Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #101
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Thanks guy for all the comments guys..But I must say they did treat the cars with respect!!..They drove them Fast but did'nt beat on them..not with me standing 20' away the hole time...They gave me all the insurance I wanted just in case .And Mike's Mustang after it ran off the track.The producer ran up to him and said they would fix and take care of it within seconds of it happing.
The car has been fixed and Mike is happy now..I would do it again. And a special thanks to Hotchkis and H-Team for letting me be a part of this!...And yes you did see Matt get beat by my Stock Camaro SS Lol...!!

Stock my Ass!!..That was funny!!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:01 AM   #102
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Your car did great! I want my car to be on TV!

Never watched the show before though, I thought it was alright. US Top Gear is better IMO.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #103
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
OP, Great show last night!!! I bet you are glad Adam didn't drive your car even if they did fix the mustang... I thought Dan Neal was pretty complimentary of the Camaro except for the Bismark comment. The only way the show would have been better is if the mustang completed the lap and the Camaro still won...either way, very cool and both Camaros were easily the best looking cars on the show!
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #104
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
They were complaining how the camaro would get beat by the Charger if it did not have all the mods. I think the bigger tires hurt the performance while the suspension of course helps. I would really like to see how the camaro would compare stock for stock.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #105
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Awesome!!!!
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #106
CarlC

Drives: 1968 Camaro
With all due respect to Don, with equal drivers the Mustang would have beat all of the cars there. It's an animal.

The Camaro vs. Charger comparison was much more a Dan vs. Matt duel. The driver is such big a factor that the times that they turned don't reflect the real capability of either car.
CarlC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #107
Comrando
SScalator

Drives: '11 CGM LS3
Dan Neil:
Quote:
I'm from NC where a telephone pole with a Camaro wrapped around it is the state tree.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #108
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/12 RAV4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Thanks guy for all the comments guys..But I must say they did treat the cars with respect!!..They drove them Fast but did'nt beat on them..not with me standing 20' away the hole time...They gave me all the insurance I wanted just in case .And Mike's Mustang after it ran off the track.The producer ran up to him and said they would fix and take care of it within seconds of it happing.
The car has been fixed and Mike is happy now..I would do it again. And a special thanks to Hotchkis and H-Team for letting me be a part of this!...And yes you did see Matt get beat by my Stock Camaro SS Lol...!!

I hope Dan didn't scratch your trunk when he dropped the keys on it.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #109
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
With all due respect to Don, with equal drivers the Mustang would have beat all of the cars there. It's an animal.

The Camaro vs. Charger comparison was much more a Dan vs. Matt duel. The driver is such big a factor that the times that they turned don't reflect the real capability of either car.
Oh I am sure he knows. I have seen the car in person and it sounds sick! Not a fan of the color at all though.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 10-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #110
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Just watched on my DVR, enjoyed this episode more for some reason

So they decided to finally get rid of John Salley...... since he clearly knows nothing about cars....?
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #111
Comrando
SScalator

Quote:
A Track day with the Hotchkis H-Team lands my car a spot on "The Car Show" with Adam Carolla. The episode airs on 10/5.

It sure was fun!! So tune in they put My SS Camaro up against some cool cars ..Cant say what will happen but You Camaro Owners will love it!!!!
So... how did you do at the track? Quicker than 1:46.8?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #112
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
So... how did you do at the track? Quicker than 1:46.8?
Lol..My best time around big Willow is 1:42 @ Speed start finish Line.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #113
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
I hope Dan didn't scratch your trunk when he dropped the keys on it.
Nope to much Adams on the car!!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #114
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlC View Post

Carl your right this car is Fast As Hell With A Super Charger under the Hood!! Mike the Owner is my New Freind of mine we bash each other on FB all the time. So it made it even more fun...But in a race he is way faster to my NA 426Hp car to his over 500Hp car.But at the NMRA Hotchkis Autocross I beat him on Saturday...! But he did have a better time Sunday...But not by much. It was fun to be apart of it and see how it all comes together.Carl can wait again to see your Camaro on the track!!You Might have to race Mike and see if your Hot Rod can put away the Blue Beast!!

We wanted to see Matt loose and we did!!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #115
Comrando
SScalator

Quote:
Lol..My best time around big Willow is 1:42 @ Speed start finish Line.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #116
ELA205
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS BLK/BLK
Way to represent Don!!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #117
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 12 Terrain, 90 K1500 Z-71
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Just watched on my DVR, enjoyed this episode more for some reason

So they decided to finally get rid of John Salley...... since he clearly knows nothing about cars....?
John Salley or any person on the street has twice the knowledge as Matt Farah. Farah's opinions are biased and he talks #*@& about the cars he reviews before he even drives them. If your going to have a website and youtube channel performing car reviews, then you should give every car an honest shake.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #118
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELA205 View Post
Way to represent Don!!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #119
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Here is the torrent of the show!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #120
CarlC

Drives: 1968 Camaro
Did you say track day? I thought you did.....;-)))
CarlC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #121
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:

Don – We’re glad you could be there for the track time and you got the airtime too! It was good for everyone involved. The show was cool! It was good to see you everyone on the show to help further promote the hobby.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #122
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Your car did great! I want my car to be on TV!

Never watched the show before though, I thought it was alright. US Top Gear is better IMO.

I'm growing tired of Top Gear's silly and scripted challenges and dialogue. It's the same thing over and over and it's getting stale. It's obviously a better produced show, but they are losing my interest with the direction they are going with the show.

I've grown to appreciate the car show more because they actually talk about cars (not what old POS the hosts are going to pick for a challenge or some ridiculously scripted and edited "race"). I hope it lasts.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #123
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I'm growing tired of Top Gear's silly and scripted challenges and dialogue. It's the same thing over and over and it's getting stale. It's obviously a better produced show, but they are losing my interest with the direction they are going with the show.

I've grown to appreciate the car show more because they actually talk about cars (not what old POS the hosts are going to pick for a challenge or some ridiculously scripted and edited "race"). I hope it lasts.
Yeah, I just love the cinematography of Top Gear, the UK one is way better though. This show seemed a little boring IMO.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #124
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I post the video on Youtube for all to see
Old 10-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #125
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Quote: