Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:44 AM   #1
VL747

Drives: Turbo Charged VL Commodore
Camaro's in Australia

G'day everybody im only new to being a Camaro fan so go easy on me i dont really no whats going on. From what i gather the new concept Camaro isnt going to be available untill Jan 2009, thats very well but im in Australia so when would this car make it to Australia and how much isnt going to cost me? Any info much appreciated.
VL747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by VL747 View Post
PS i know i spelt Camaro wrong..
why didnt you change it?
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
G'day everybody im only new to being a Camaro fan so go easy on me i dont really no whats going on. From what i gather the new concept Camaro isnt going to be available untill Jan 2009, thats very well but im in Australia so when would this car make it to Australia and how much isnt going to cost me? Any info much appreciated.
Welcome to the site. Sorry, but I couldn't tell you when it will be coming to market in Australia. I imagine GM will be making as many as possible for the states and will immediately change to build the verts. I imagine, once GM builds enough for the states, they will go back and begin building for Europe, etc....prolly building 24 hours a day. Can anyone else help out w/ this?

Oh, and you can edit your posts if you'd like....misspelled words, adding info, deleting info, adding pictures, etc. I fixed it for ya....no prob.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky

I gotta do a lil lookin, but didnt they say somewhere that the Camaro will be built in Austraila for the world market? and Canada for the American market?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #5
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
Oshawa is the only place the Camaro will be built at.
maybe im thinkin of just the Zeta platform...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I think Holden will have the equivalent of the camaro. Maybe slightly different styling queues though.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I've heard that there will not be a GM twin to the Camaro. And as far as I know, every Camaro will be made in Oshawa. So it looks like everybody else will have to wait a little while longer than us in north america for the Camaro.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I've heard that there will not be a GM twin to the Camaro. And as far as I know, every Camaro will be made in Oshawa. So it looks like everybody else will have to wait a little while longer than us in north america for the Camaro.
Unless they import it.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #9
VL747

Our equivilent to the Camaro is a Monaro which is not half as cool as this new Camaro, how much does it cost to import a car?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Our equivilent to the Camaro is a Monaro which is not half as cool as this new Camaro, how much does it cost to import a car?
Might have to talk to a dealer on that one...find different shipping companies. You'd probably have to pay for shipping, taxes, and the list would go on. I couldn't tell you cost, but think it would be up there.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #11
Gunner KS1

Drives: All GM
Quote:
I remember back in '01 it cost just over $1000 USD to ship a car from Fort Worth, Texas to Los Angeles, California then on to Honolulu, Hawaii. Because it was state to state (and it was a car that had been used for a couple years before shipped) there was no VAT or GST like Tag mentioned. I would guess you could expect to pay more than a few thousand for a brand new car being shipped that far internationaly.
Gunner KS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:27 AM   #12
VL747

Dont know what these companies are thinking they should of had this thing on the shelves this year to go out on the publicity of Transformers. There not going to have a problem selling these cars anywhere, Easily the coolest car ive come across in my 24 years. And apparently affordable, you guys are so lucky in the US if your going to get these for 20-30kUS that is so cheap. Our Monaro's go from 45-60k and higher AU$, For what you get it really makes this Camaro look good.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #13
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner KS1 View Post
I would guess you could expect to pay more than a few thousand for a brand new car being shipped that far internationaly.
Yeah, more than a few thousand is right. It cost about $3,000 to ship an SUV from Arizona to Alaska. I don't know for sure, but I would probably estimate an added 5-10,000 dollars. Maybe more with the proper insurance.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #14
VL747

35,000 for the car and 10,000 for importing it, worth every cent i would pay that. Though im sure it would work out alot more than that im thinking 55-60k Aussie dollars would be more realistic.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #15
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
This is what I researched for you, I didn't type this:

Right-hand drive versions could conceivable be on sale in Australia early in 2009.

The Camaro will be built in North America so Holden would have to import it. Early speculation that the Camaro would form the basis of a Holden Monaro replacement now appear off the mark. It's likely that, should Holden officially green-light the Camaro for Australia, that it would sell as a Chevrolet Camaro.

This would, in turn, pave the way for the Chevrolet Corvette to come to Australia in the future, though the current model is not engineered for right hand drive, making a conversion costly.

Holden is well down the track on plans to bring the iconic Cadillac brand to Australia, an arrival expected sometime in 2008, and Chevrolet – General Motors' best selling brand – would complement and not compete with GM-Holden's current vehicle line-up.

Chevrolet would be the third American GM brand in Australia after Cadillac and the recently arrived Hummer.

_

that may not help much.. but I'm sure if you try, you can get your hands on one no matter what.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:52 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
This would, in turn, pave the way for the Chevrolet Corvette to come to Australia in the future, though the current model is not engineered for right hand drive, making a conversion costly.
nice research!
I had to put my 2 cents in on this, though...it might be costly, but one of the major drawbacks for the Vette over in Europe (i'd think) is it's lack of RHD. If they converted it, it would open up a new market in the Land Down Under, and expand the market in Europe...

Oh, and as Austrailia has done much of the engineering for this car...I can't see why it wouldn't be offered to our friends down under.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #17
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
First off, hi guys, new guy here, been signing up to more and more car forums ever since this summer when I fell in love with the Camaro in Transformers movie and the luvin just won't stop.

Anyway, to get on topic, while Australia is involved in the building of the car and will thus probably get it faster than other countries outside of the US and Canada, does anyone know anything about the prioritising/possibility to get it to Europe? I live in Sweden and I neeeeed one in two years, but should I just get settled in for a loooooong wait?
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
First, welcome to the site.

Secondly, I imagine that the Camaro will be available in Europe, and pretty much everywhere else within 2 years. That makes it over 6 months past its expected release? Yeah, you should have them by then.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:35 PM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Check this out. It's old. But it's quite relevant i should think And the only story about this I could find in 2 minutes:p

LINK
Quote:
...Although the Camaro concept vehicle has not been shown in Europe, Chevrolet Europe is considering importing and selling it here...

..."We would not look at it as a huge volume opportunity," Brannon said. "But the project has to make sense."...
Old 10-20-2007, 04:47 AM   #20
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
First, welcome to the site.

Secondly, I imagine that the Camaro will be available in Europe, and pretty much everywhere else within 2 years. That makes it over 6 months past its expected release? Yeah, you should have them by then.
Thanks, glad to be here

Okay that's pretty good I guess, give me a bit more time to save up money for it.

Thanks Dragoneye for finding that article, didn't think to do the obvious google when I wrote my post (was a bit after midnight here when I wrote it). I really do think they should consider getting it for the European market since I know that only here in Sweden there are lots of American car enthusiasts that would love to get their hands on it.

What I'll probably do is swing by the only dealer of American Chevys in this area of Sweden some time after I've gotten a job (sadly unemployed at the moment) and ask them straight out how they think things will go with it, can't really be the first guy who's asked.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #21
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
First off, hi guys, new guy here, been signing up to more and more car forums ever since this summer when I fell in love with the Camaro in Transformers movie and the luvin just won't stop.

Anyway, to get on topic, while Australia is involved in the building of the car and will thus probably get it faster than other countries outside of the US and Canada, does anyone know anything about the prioritising/possibility to get it to Europe? I live in Sweden and I neeeeed one in two years, but should I just get settled in for a loooooong wait?
Welcome

GM has mentioned the Camaro being available in Europe, here are two articles I poseted to my blog on the topic:

2010 5th Gen Camaro: Chevrolet Camaro convertible celebrates its European debut

2010 5th Gen Camaro: The new camaro in Europe?
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:20 AM   #22
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Awesome I guess in about two years I'll hopefully have mine then.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #23
Nightblade
F-Body Fool

Drives: 2002 GMC Sierra Denali AWD 4WS
plus to be one of the few tearing the down under in a new 'maro would be worth the extra cash
1996 - Chevy K1500 Reg Cab SBox Black 5.7 Z71
2001 - Trans AM Ram Air Silver 5.7 6spd
2002 - Trans AM Convertible Auto 5.7
2002 - GMC Sierra Denali 6.0 AWD 4WS Green
2004 - Pontiac Grand Prix GTP SC'd Black Auto
Nightblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #24
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Okay went by the dealship I've checked out online earlier in person today and they confirmed that they will be importing Camaro's as soon as possible. So I'm very happy with that. Not to mention the dealship lies right next to the highway so I'll be able to test it properly on the testdrive
Old 12-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #25
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
importing cars is big money,

there must be some rich people in russia that want hummer h2's,, last summer a couple guys from russia came to the dealership that i work at and bought 2 used ones we had,, they said they are buying used hummer h2's and driving them to new york to be put in shipping containers and shipped off
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote