Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
garagelogic
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,687
2010 Ford "Boss 302" Mustang

Dearborn, Michigan - In celebration of the forty-fifth anniversary of the original ponycar, Ford Motor Company introduces the new, 450-horsepower 2010 Boss 302 Mustang. Featuring Ford’s new 5.0 liter engine, classic Mustang design cues and Ford Racing performance upgrades, the Boss 302 will be produced in a limited-run of 1000 units arriving fall 2010.

The Boss 302 coupe comes with a custom carbon composite hood with a “ram-air” hood scoop and stainless steel twist-down hood pins, a lower front air dam with chrome-trimmed functional brake ducts and large 14-inch Brembo front brakes.

Drawing inspiration from the classic 1969-70 Boss 302 model, the 2010 Boss also features unique striping and a distinctive interior custom embroidered seats and a 45th Anniversary numbered dash plaque.

The new Mustang was designed and engineerd by Ford’s in-house Special Vehicle Team. The head of SVT, Hermann Salenbauch, will be on hand for the unveiling. In 2008, he replaced the father of the modern Mustang, Hau Thai-Tang, who was tapped to lead the automaker's product development efforts in South America.

The car wears exclusive, SVT-designed 20-inch, forged, polished aluminum wheels with special custom center caps, mounted on Pirelli rubber.

Just like its namesake, the 2010 Boss 302 packs a walloping dose of Ford performance power under its massive composite hood scoop. The Ford SVT-engineered, direct-injection 5.0-liter V-8 produces an estimated 450 horsepower and torque of 420 ft.-lbs., thanks to Boss-specific ignition and throttle calibration and a “ram air” intake system.

Power is delivered to the rear wheels through a Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio. An optional performance version of Ford’s 6F35 six-speed automatic will also be offered for those who prefer to simply mash the go-pedal and let the mechanicals do the shifting work. Gear selection in the manual version is courtesy of a Ford Racing short-throw shifter that made its debut on the limited-edition Shelby GT500KR. Topped with a white ball, the new shifter is 25 percent shorter than the stock unit on the standard GT500 providing for crisper, sharper shifts.

The Boss 302 was maximized to deliver the perfect balance between ride and handling, said Jamal Hameedi, chief nameplate engineer, Ford SVT. In that same ride versus handling continuum, the Boss 302 will lean heavier towards all-out straight-line performance while still providing improved handling characteristics over its lesser Mustang GT brethren.



2010 BOSS 302 Specifications and Design Highlights
  • 5.0-liter direct-injection V-8 producing estimated 450-horsepower and 420 ft.-lbs. of torque
  • Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack featuring revised calibration and ram air intake system
  • 6-speed manual or automatic transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
  • Ford Racing performance exhaust system
  • Unique performance suspension tuning: springs,dampers, and stabilizer bars
  • Boss 302-specific 20-inch wheels
  • Ford Racing short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace
  • Unique carbon composite hood featuring a “shaker” hood-scoop design
  • Front brake cooling ducts
  • Boss 302 Specific Stripe Package
  • Boss 302/SVT embroidered headrests and floor mats
  • Official 45th Anniversary Boss 302 dash plate
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
drivingincamaro


 
drivingincamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 civic
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 5,807
How much?
__________________
drivingincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
fRenzy
Where's the Beer?
 
Drives: 07 Tacoma :(
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 68
I like it, except the color.
__________________
fRenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
kevin2323


 
Drives: challenger
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: miami
Posts: 2,339
good april fools
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
Tactical Z
Banned
 
Drives: Nissan Titan
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 8,684
I saw that last year...
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
Lol im sayin not gonna happen lol
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
kevin2323


 
Drives: challenger
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: miami
Posts: 2,339
its april fools...the OP messed up by putting the old body style mustang instead of the 2010 redesign....good try tho, didnt fool me
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #8
Tactical Z
Banned
 
Drives: Nissan Titan
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 8,684


Look at the rims.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
garagelogic
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
its april fools...the OP messed up by putting the old body style mustang instead of the 2010 redesign....good try tho, didnt fool me
Actually, I left several clues in the post besides the picture.

garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
mmarcum
 
mmarcum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East TN
Posts: 292
I would have believed it until i saw 450 horsepower, that just seemed a bit high.
mmarcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #11
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 3,244
You really think it will make 450 hp?
__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #12
GatorBlue371

 
GatorBlue371's Avatar
 
Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,398
I know its fake, but its still god ugly.
__________________
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
Sierra

 
Sierra's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by fRenzy View Post
I like it, except the color.
__________________
On the 8th day God created the Camaro and all is good.
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #14
kevin2323


 
Drives: challenger
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: miami
Posts: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Actually, I left several clues in the post besides the picture.

yeah i stopped reading it when i saw the pic
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
nester7929
Rice Harvester
 
nester7929's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 1,403
Great April Fools. I wish Ford would...
nester7929 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #16
garagelogic
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
I know its fake, but its still god ugly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Yeah, that is a horrible color, but it was what I had to work with on short notice
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #17
nester7929
Rice Harvester
 
nester7929's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 1,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Yeah, that is a horrible color, but it was what I had to work with on short notice
I think orange might have been a winner.
nester7929 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:54 AM   #18
1_2Many

 
1_2Many's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 786
I would buy that in a heartbeat if it was real.
__________________
We are the early orderers...we are GM's voluntary guinea pigs and their free source of feedback. How will we be thanked?
1_2Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 AM   #19
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM
 
Xmicro_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,894
And then Mustang Fans Woke Up!
__________________
ITS HERE! : 2010 Camaro 2SS / 6 Speed Manual (No other way) / Silver Ice Metallic / Inferno Orange Interior Accent / RS Package / Polished Wheels / SOLO MACH X CAT BACK
Xmicro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #20
porcupinekiller
 
porcupinekiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GT500
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
And then Mustang Fans Woke Up!
yeah to this...

....and that's no joke.
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
1_2Many

 
1_2Many's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
yeah to this...

....and that's no joke.

That Cobra Jet runs faster than I thought. That front end was bouncing pretty hard there though...they should get some better dampers in the front.
__________________
We are the early orderers...we are GM's voluntary guinea pigs and their free source of feedback. How will we be thanked?
1_2Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #22
Black5thgen
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2007 C6
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
yeah to this...

....and that's no joke.
Too bad that car will never beat my SS from a stop light.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #23
garagelogic
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
yeah to this...

....and that's no joke.
Wow, my car traps 130mph but I'm a little off that 10.0x pace.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #24
The Boat
His seafaringness
 
The Boat's Avatar
 
Drives: yugo
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: the somewhere in the pacific ocean
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Dearborn, Michigan - In celebration of the forty-fifth anniversary of the original ponycar, Ford Motor Company introduces the new, 450-horsepower 2010 Boss 302 Mustang. Featuring Ford’s new 5.0 liter engine, classic Mustang design cues and Ford Racing performance upgrades, the Boss 302 will be produced in a limited-run of 1000 units arriving fall 2010.

The Boss 302 coupe comes with a custom carbon composite hood with a “ram-air” hood scoop and stainless steel twist-down hood pins, a lower front air dam with chrome-trimmed functional brake ducts and large 14-inch Brembo front brakes.

Drawing inspiration from the classic 1969-70 Boss 302 model, the 2010 Boss also features unique striping and a distinctive interior custom embroidered seats and a 45th Anniversary numbered dash plaque.

The new Mustang was designed and engineerd by Ford’s in-house Special Vehicle Team. The head of SVT, Hermann Salenbauch, will be on hand for the unveiling. In 2008, he replaced the father of the modern Mustang, Hau Thai-Tang, who was tapped to lead the automaker's product development efforts in South America.

The car wears exclusive, SVT-designed 20-inch, forged, polished aluminum wheels with special custom center caps, mounted on Pirelli rubber.

Just like its namesake, the 2010 Boss 302 packs a walloping dose of Ford performance power under its massive composite hood scoop. The Ford SVT-engineered, direct-injection 5.0-liter V-8 produces an estimated 450 horsepower and torque of 420 ft.-lbs., thanks to Boss-specific ignition and throttle calibration and a “ram air” intake system.

Power is delivered to the rear wheels through a Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio. An optional performance version of Ford’s 6F35 six-speed automatic will also be offered for those who prefer to simply mash the go-pedal and let the mechanicals do the shifting work. Gear selection in the manual version is courtesy of a Ford Racing short-throw shifter that made its debut on the limited-edition Shelby GT500KR. Topped with a white ball, the new shifter is 25 percent shorter than the stock unit on the standard GT500 providing for crisper, sharper shifts.

The Boss 302 was maximized to deliver the perfect balance between ride and handling, said Jamal Hameedi, chief nameplate engineer, Ford SVT. In that same ride versus handling continuum, the Boss 302 will lean heavier towards all-out straight-line performance while still providing improved handling characteristics over its lesser Mustang GT brethren.



2010 BOSS 302 Specifications and Design Highlights
  • 5.0-liter direct-injection V-8 producing estimated 450-horsepower and 420 ft.-lbs. of torque
  • Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack featuring revised calibration and ram air intake system
  • 6-speed manual or automatic transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
  • Ford Racing performance exhaust system
  • Unique performance suspension tuning: springs,dampers, and stabilizer bars
  • Boss 302-specific 20-inch wheels
  • Ford Racing short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace
  • Unique carbon composite hood featuring a “shaker” hood-scoop design
  • Front brake cooling ducts
  • Boss 302 Specific Stripe Package
  • Boss 302/SVT embroidered headrests and floor mats
  • Official 45th Anniversary Boss 302 dash plate
This is a sick april fools joke isn't it. Too good to be true!!
The Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #25
porcupinekiller
 
porcupinekiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GT500
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Too bad that car will never beat my SS from a stop light.
It won't beat my 93 Honda Civic beater form a stoplight either.
But you already know that............the FR500 Cobra Jet cars are not street legal. Tricky guy.
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Mustang Croathlete General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 1896 02-18-2010 10:57 PM
base camaro beats out 2010 mustang in pricing war? bolteon593 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 13 11-19-2008 10:30 AM
2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 10 04-11-2008 05:11 PM
Financial Problems for Ford??? TAG UR IT General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 14 10-29-2006 07:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.