Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Suspension, chassis, and brake components

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Talking Hawk Performance Brake Pads IN STOCK and ready to ship @ APEX Motorsports!!!

APEX Motorsports is Camaro5's Hawk Performance brake pad authority. With 100s of sets in stock and ready to ship, unmatched customer service from our knowledgeable staff, and great prices there is no reason to waste time searching elsewhere.

Below is information concerning Hawk HP PLUS, HPS, and Performance Ceramic brake pads. If you have any questions about which brake pad is right for your application give us a call at (502) 930-APEX.

Hawk HP PLUS

Hawk Performance’s HP Plus brake pad compound is ideal for Autocross and Track Day drivers looking for a high performance race compound that can take the heat of the track and get you home safely without having to change the pads. HP Plus utilizes a unique Ferro-Carbon, high-tech friction material that was developed and manufactured for sport driving in autocross, Solo II and “track day” applications. The Ferro-Carbon formulation offers lower wear rates and higher torque values than other competitive materials.

Extremely high coefficient of friction makes HP Plus the perfect upgrade over stock for high performance streetcars used in autocross competition or that experience repetitive, heavy braking.

Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve "race-level" braking, rotor wear, noise, dust, and pad life may be affected.

Optimal Operating Temperature: 100°F - 800°F (37°C - 426°C)

Features
  • Extremely High Friction Output
  • Fade Resistant
  • Worthy for Autocross & Club Racing Events

Hawk Camaro SS HP Plus Brake Pads - Front HB453N585

Hawk Camaro SS HP Plus Brake Pads - Rear HB194N570

Hawk HPS (High Performance Street)

Hawk High Performance Street disc brake pads are world renowned for increasing stopping power on your street legal vehicle. Increasing the performance of your vehicles braking system is easy when you choose Hawk Performance’s HPS braking compound. This unique Ferro-Carbon formula was developed for street performance using the safety and quality of Aerospace and Motorsports severe-duty friction technology.

The High Performance Street compound offers a higher coefficient of friction over stock brake pads and can provide you 20-40% more stopping power and higher resistance to brake fade than most standard replacement pads. Less fade means you’ll have a highly durable brake pad with less brake dust.

Note: Hawk Performance burnishes its High Performance Street brake pads as a final step in the factory, but all brake pads have to be bedded-in with the rotors (new or used) that they will be used against. Properly bedding-in new brake pads results in a transfer film being generated at the pad and rotor interface to maximize brake performance.

Features
  • Increased stopping power
  • High friction/torque hot or cold
  • Gentle on rotors
  • Extended pad life
  • Low dust
  • Virtually noise-free
SS

Hawk Camaro SS HPS Brake Pads - Front HB453F585

Hawk Camaro SS HPS Brake Pads - Rear HB194F570

V6

Hawk V6 Camaro HPS Brake Pads - Front HB638F.702

Hawk V6 Camaro HPS Brake Pads - Rear HB639F.645

Hawk Performance Performance Ceramic

Performance Ceramic is engineered to reduce brake NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness), creating a quieter performing brake pad. Furthermore, the ceramic brake pad formula has a linear friction profile that allows your ABS brake system to work more effectively. With Performance Ceramic you can expect reduced brake pad wear, lower dust output levels and a rotor-friendly brake pad.

Performance Ceramic – quiet, clean & fast stopping!
  • Increased stopping power
  • Increased rotor life
  • Extended pad life
  • Ultra-low dust
  • Extremely quiet
  • Stable friction output
SS

Hawk Camaro SS Performance Ceramic - Front HB453Z.585

Hawk Camaro SS Performance Ceramic - Rear HB194Z.570

V6

Hawk V6 Camaro Performance Ceramic - Front HB638Z.702

Hawk V6 Camaro Performance Ceramic - Rear HB639Z.645

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 03-13-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Performance break-in procedure

All brake pads must be broken in with the rotor they will be used with. Even though Hawk Performance pads have been burnished at the factory, a transfer film must be generated at the pad and rotor interface for optimal performance. Whether you have new or used rotors, you must follow the bed-in steps listed below to maximize brake performance.
  1. After installing new brake pads, make 6 to 8 brakings* from approximately 30-35 mph, applying moderate pressure. Do not go below 25 mph.
  2. Make an additional 2 to 3 hard brakings* from approximately 50 to 55 mph. Do not go below 40 mph.
  3. Allow 15 minutes for the brake system to cool down. Do not apply the parking brake# during this cool down period.
Your performance street pads are now ready for driving!

Notes:
  1. * These brakings refer to an abrupt and "snub and release" pedal action instead of dragging brakes to a complete stop. If you have to drive to another place to perform this procedure, it's OK to drive and gradually stop as you would normally on street.
  2. # This refers to the floating caliper type rear parking brake. It's OK to use the parking brake if you have the drum type shoe brake. If you are not sure what type of parking brake you have, simply shift your transmission to the "P" position or 1st gear (for manual transmission).
  3. The purpose of the break-in procedure is to generate a thin film (which can only occur when the pad is heated up and transfers it to the rotor surface. You should avoid having the brake pad in contact with the rotor surface as much as possible during the break-in. This is why you should never drag the brakes to a complete stop.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroNewb View Post
+1 for Chase. I bought these form him like 2 weeks ago and they were at my door so fast that I couldn't figure out what they were until I opened the box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious View Post
Ordered mine on Friday had it Monday. Ordered a washer relocation tank Wednesday. Had it on Friday. Just like a Camaro, fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzzeler View Post
I would have to agree Apex for sure really fast shipping these guys are on the ball ,give them a shot you cant go wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester0612 View Post
And I just wanted to give a big thanks to Apex Motorsports for the great service. Ordered this CAI on Wednesday in the afternoon around 1 and I got it on Friday !! Thanks Apex !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
So I ordered Friday night. Order went through on Monday, intake was installed Wednesday after I got of work. Shipping was fast and free and that's why I love ordering from Apex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys562 View Post
Just got the springs in today! Planning on getting them installed a little later today or tomorrow.

But wow! Apex ships FAST. I did NOT expect the springs to be on my doorstep today and what do you know, they're right there.
Big ups to Apex for the lightning fast shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl View Post
First of all I want to give a big thank you to Chase and Victoria from Apex Speed. I needed this part on Friday and I ordered it Wednesday; they called me personally to handle my request and got it to me really fast. They were great to work with and I really appreciate the awesome customer service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangomr View Post
After the questions I put up on Sunday aabout these two units, here they sit in my living room on Wed. 4PM, ordered and delivered, thats FAST and they both look great. Thanks Chase for the PRICE and GREAT SERVICE. Michael in Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfm237 View Post
Ordered the SW Retro Chambered exhaust and Black CAI on Monday.. The Exhaust arrived on Wednesday and the CAI on thursday... Thats to New Jersey.. A+++ To Apex for their quick shipping!
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Muscle View Post
apex chase, Hurst shifter got delivered today, took only 2 days to get to CT!! Going to install it tonight, thanks for the fast service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricat View Post
Unbelievable!!
Ordered on 5/28 on the doorstep 5/29!!

Thanks again,
Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritcherc View Post
I sent Chase a couple of emails, told him what I wanted and a few days later it was on my doorstep. Chase and Apex have been a pleasure to deal with and I couldn't be happier in my decision to do business with them. Great product support, easy to get ahold of and fast shipping!!!! Two thumbs up in my book! Thanks, Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack's Girl View Post
Thank you so much Chase! Ordered my CAI intake Sunday, shipped Monday and got it yesterday and installed! Great service! Love the performance! 1000% satisfied!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Ordered mine Friday afternoon and got it Tuesday morning......WOW

Now I'm off to install it
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS CAMARO View Post
Talk about fast shipping I got 1 day after you shipped it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBOSS View Post
Chase I am truly impressed! Ordered my Pfadt drop springs Sunday night and got them early Wednesday morning! A truly unexpected delivery which made my day!

Now to find a time to throw them on!

Thanks again, I am VERY impressed!!

How Do We Do It?

From the beginning, our operation was set up to function as rapidly and efficiently as possible. Most of our order processing system is automated which means that an order can be completely processed and ready for pick up within minutes of the order being placed. Unlike many of our competitors, APEX Motorsports is a stocking distributor for most of the brands we carry and not a dedicated drop shipper. This allows us to ship in stock items the same day or next if the order is received after our last pick up. In the event that an item is out of stock, APEX Motorsports has access to multiple extensive distributor networks and can draw on the inventories of dozens of regional warehouses across the country and ship the item from the warehouse closest to you.

APEX Motorsports has another key advantage over our competition. Our physical location. Like Amazon, Zappos, and many other major shippers APEX Motorsports is located in Louisville, Ky. which places us within 600 miles of more than 60% of the United States population. It also places us only a few miles from the UPS World Hub. That means that once your order leaves our loading dock it doesn't have to travel 1-2 days to be processed before being directed to your address. It is done within hours of the order being placed and is on it's way to your door, more than 60% of which aren't very far down the road.

Below is a map displaying the estimated delivery times for orders shipped from APEX Motorsports.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
whitedemon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Pm me a price for some hawk pads all the way around please. I don't track my car so I'm not worrying to much on performance, I just DON'T WANT BRAKE DUST! Lol. Stock pads leave my rims black in 2-3 days driving. So what ever pads hawk makes that produce little to no brake dust
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, L99, OBX Longtube Headers, Magnaflow 3in Comp Cat Back w/ added Dynomax Bullet Race Mufflers, SCT Tuner w/ JRE Tune, CAI Black Intake w/ JRE Race Scoop, Eibach Pro Springs, Custom Sequential Tailights
whitedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
How is the dusting on the HPS pads? I am currently running the ceramics and the squeal is getting old. New rotors are getting picked up Monday so pads are a must.

PM me the pricing on a full set please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk