Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
Xii239

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Had car for 24 hours and this happens

Literally had the car for 24 hours, as I walked back from the gym, there it was on the lip of my trunk. Now what? I just cant ignore it! Best suggestions please! Thanks!
Xii239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Dude that really sucks. Gm touch up paint would work. It would still be noticeable but far less than that. Really sucks man! I've never used dr color chip but I've heard great things as well.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Just buy a touch up pen for $16. It isn't the first chip that will happen (rock chips are almost inevitable) and one of your passengers is bound to hit y our door on something! Maybe not, but its too early to replace the whole bumper or get it replaced for something so small. If it is deep, I watched a video by AMMO+ that you could use bondo to fill in the chip most of the way and then build up touch up paint over the bondo and wet sand it down and polish it. They did that to a 2013 Mercedes G550 hat got keyed all the way down the side. Didn't look amazing, but looked a lot better than it did before the repair.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Had the same thing happen, but on my hood. bought some touch up paint and fixed I myself. It is barely noticeable but It is better than it was. Plan on getting it fixed at the end of the year.
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #5
Dylan@SCG

Drives: a few
I feel your pain. Could be worse... I owned my avalanche for less than 12 hours and got side swiped on the 5 freeway by an uninsured guy in a piece of junk F150. Had literally 32 miles on the odo.

As far fixing it, touchup paint is a solution that will make it better, but you'll still easily be able to see it.

Maybe reach out to your dealer and see if they have a touchup repair guy. A few dealers I've worked with in the past would contract out guys who specialized in this kind of stuff and they'd do a much better job than you could with a touchup pen.

use the code CAMARO5 and save 10% off your order at surfcitygarage.com
Dylan@SCG is offline   Reply With Quote