Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Old 10-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Clutch Sticking

I am kind of new to the forum here, But i was curious if anyone has had a similar issue with the 2011 M6 Clutch. With the Traction Control off and with a little bit of "Spirited" driving next to a Mustang, I tried to launch from a stop light. My clutch lever did not stick to the floor like some of the members I have read about, but the clutch wasn't fully disengaging, The lever had full motion up and down. With a little bit of panicking I threw it into second and still wasn't fully disengaging, same with third.

So I stopped and proceeded to curb stomp my clutch lever and it finally disengaged fully. I thought, It's a new car, It will have a few issues here and there (only had about 3500 miles on it at the time). Well it happened to me again while driving normally back from the gas station this morning.

has anyone had any similar issues? I plan on taking it back to the dealer tomorrow, just kind of curious what the damage might be.
SGTMiller278CAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Do you mean it wasn't engaging(grabbing while you let the pedal up)? Or was it not allowing you to press it to the floor (disengaging)?

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

sorry, wasn't very clear.

the pedal would move but when i moved my foot off of the clutch the car would act like I still had it pressed to the floor. the pedal had full motion.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
qniknam
Account Suspended

Drives: 13 ZL1 | 13 SRT GC | 13 SRT CHARGER
Mine does the same shit... I have all kinds of problems with mine.
qniknam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

ya, the Dealer couldn't replicate it so.... I am just S.O.L. for now i guess.
SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust / 22 Inch AAC Dynamic Scanner / Reverse Rally Stripes / LS badges (emblempros.com) / Gill Decals / Flat Black SS Rims / SS Rear Diffuser / Flat Black Spoiler / Heritage Grill / Custom Painted Tail Light Bezels / Custom Painted Engine Cover / Plati Dipped Trunk Lid

Old 10-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sorry to hear how your trip went SGT. I could setup a case for you with our Customer Assistance team to see what we can do for you in regards to this issue. If you'd like just send me your contact information and I can get it started for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTMiller278CAV View Post
ya, the Dealer couldn't replicate it so.... I am just S.O.L. for now i guess.
I had same problem. They cant replicate cuz they dont floor it and shift hard..
I replace with ZR1 clutch and it still did it.
I then got the Lingenfelter clutch return spring and it pulls the pedal up. I have about 12K miles or more on it and drag racing. I have not had a problem..
I dont think my clutch ever slipped when it stuck halfway though.
With spring running 11.1 @ 127mph so far. Got 30K miles on this clutch
Old 10-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
This is part of the issue that is causing 1-2 shift problems in the M6 V6's. I have been lucky and mine has not done this yet. Since your pedal moved freely to me is sounds like it is in the hydraulic side of the clutch. Either the slave isn't functioning properly or it has air in the lines from the share brake reservoir. maybe try bleeding the slave? Another issue from time to time has been the pressure plates were not torqued correctly. Tell your dealer you want to take their tech for a drive to show him provided you can replicate it regularly.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu71 View Post
This is part of the issue that is causing 1-2 shift problems in the M6 V6's. I have been lucky and mine has not done this yet. Since your pedal moved freely to me is sounds like it is in the hydraulic side of the clutch. Either the slave isn't functioning properly or it has air in the lines from the share brake reservoir. maybe try bleeding the slave? Another issue from time to time has been the pressure plates were not torqued correctly. Tell your dealer you want to take their tech for a drive to show him provided you can replicate it regularly.
It has been a long running problem that chevy doesnt want to own up to. The corvettes with the ls3's have the same issue for years. Lingenfelter went into detail why it happens..
I think the only fix beside dealer replacing everything and hope the new one works is to install separate slave cylinder for the clutch system.
Hopefully Jannetty or Lingenfelter will chime in..
Old 10-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

Good idea @Shu71, I will take it to the dealer this weekend and see if I can replicate it for the tech. It has only happened twice so far, one with a little "Spirited" driving and once driving normal. I'll Bleed the slave and see if that helps as well.

Thank you!
SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust / 22 Inch AAC Dynamic Scanner / Reverse Rally Stripes / LS badges (emblempros.com) / Gill Decals / Flat Black SS Rims / SS Rear Diffuser / Flat Black Spoiler / Heritage Grill / Custom Painted Tail Light Bezels / Custom Painted Engine Cover / Plati Dipped Trunk Lid

Old 10-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

The only issue I have with buying aftermarket is that this car is practically brand new still. only 4600 miles on it, I shouldn't have to drop $$ on something like a new clutch after 4600 miles. just kind of makes me angry at Chevy I guess lol.

But, If the only way that this problem is resolved is to buy aftermarket than I will for convience sake. Nothing more embarrasing than sitting at a Green Light with cars behind you, and freaking out cause your 2011 car won't move.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTMiller278CAV View Post
The only issue I have with buying aftermarket is that this car is practically brand new still. only 4600 miles on it, I shouldn't have to drop $$ on something like a new clutch after 4600 miles. just kind of makes me angry at Chevy I guess lol.

But, If the only way that this problem is resolved is to buy aftermarket than I will for convience sake. Nothing more embarrasing than sitting at a Green Light with cars behind you, and freaking out cause your 2011 car won't move.
One thing you can do its replace the stock rubber clutch line with a steal braided line. There aren't any available so you'll have to make a custom one like I'm going to. Then move the master cylinder line to a separate resistor with better fluid.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote