Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 06-13-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
1993camz28

Drives: 1993 Camaro z28 modded
Black smoke/ stalls out/ I'm lost. New Camaro owner

Hi all. Very new to site but was given great info before now I have a slightly different problem.

I just replaced the fuel regulator back to stock. Also pulled all injectors sent out to be cleaned repaired and tested. And replaced plugs. Wires were msd new

Took alittle to crank over (been sitting 3 weeks), once it started you had to keep
Your foot on the gas at 2k rpms or would stall. A lot of black smoke when you hit gas than would taper off and very light cloudy smoke. Didn't smell nor was it wet. After I let off pedal
It immediately dies. Than I noticed a puddle of antifreeze on floor and sprayed in engine bay and plugs on opti were wet. Now I know I have a lot going on at once but any info at all would be awesome.
LT1 - cam, ported/ polished factory casting 374 heads , msd 6al, cold air intake, full length headers with cutouts, dual flowmasters out the back, tremec 6 spd w/spec stage 3 clutch, 9" ford with Moser axles 4:11 gears.
1993camz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
dmginc

Drives: 14 Camaro 1LS AGM
opti getting wet will cause issues. so i would think, fix your coolant leak, dry everything up and should be ok.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Gen5DIY Fog Lights,
Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal), GTS Tail Light Covers,
Purple Under Hood Lighting, Purple Gill Inserts, Purple Hood Vinyl,
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:52 PM   #3
1993camz28

Drives: 1993 Camaro z28 modded
Yea I was thinking that. Do you think the water pump is bad(not over heating) or maybe the weep hole. I can't visibly tell where it's coming from but the coolant was on top of motor all the way down the opti to the floor. Didn't see a hose issue I'm just not sure how to view
LT1 - cam, ported/ polished factory casting 374 heads , msd 6al, cold air intake, full length headers with cutouts, dual flowmasters out the back, tremec 6 spd w/spec stage 3 clutch, 9" ford with Moser axles 4:11 gears.
1993camz28 is offline   Reply With Quote