Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
BMR trailing arms seem to have fixed my wheel hop

Took the car to the track for the first time a few weeks ago (L99 w/ Livernois cam and Kooks headers). I had just a little bit of wheel hop leaving the line.

Installed some BRM trailing arms and bushings the following weekend. Immediately noticed the car feels more, I guess, planted is the word. Anyways, back to the track last night. No wheel hop at all.

I only made two passes. The track was full of some very rowdy people so I didn't stay long.

Used the two arm puller method to push out the old bushings. Rather easy install once I found my 1/2" breaker bar.
rdblan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Sometimes that is all it takes. Did you notice any changes in your times?
Old 10-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
When I installed my BMR trailing arms I didn't replace the bushings. Should I? How are the old bushings removed?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
rdblan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Well my first EVER pass was 12.56, first time ever stepping foot on a drag strip. I'm saying it was all luck! Second time was 12.6.

Last night I was 12.6 and 12.7. The problem is me, not the car! I just need more practice.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
When I installed my BMR trailing arms I didn't replace the bushings. Should I? How are the old bushings removed?
Rent a two prong puller from and auto store.http://store.harryepstein.com/cp/Pullers/1024P.html
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Chase, can you PM me a price shipped to 14086? Thanks!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
rdblan2

Quote:

Don't forget the bushings.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2 View Post
Don't forget the bushings.
Very good suggestion.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Just place my order for the bushings from Apex! Any advise for removing the old and installing the new bushings? I'll use the puller suggested above! Thanks!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
BMR Sales

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
The BMR trailing arms are definitely one of the best "bang for the buck" items. It is always good to do the BMR outer trailing arm bushing at the same time since some of the labor overlaps and there is some performance to be gained. The trailing arms are one of the main items that really help with the wheel hop these cars have. We keep these parts in stock all the time and they can be purchased directly through us or through one of out great distributors. Here are some links to the BMR trailing arms and BMR outer trailing arm bushings.

BMR trailing arms w/ polyurethane bushings (TCA026)

BMR trailing arms w/ spherical bearing (TCA027)

BMR outer trailing arm bushing (BK006)
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #11
ssmike
Missing Big Red

2 suggestions: 1) Include on your website on the trailing arm page that is is suggested to replace the outer bushing along with the trailing arm 2) Include 90 deg zirk fittings on the trailing arms! Mine came with straight ones but it's almost impossible to get a grease gun on them when installed. I see in the pictures that there is a 90*.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #12
BMR Sales

Quote:
2 suggestions: 1) Include on your website on the trailing arm page that is is suggested to replace the outer bushing along with the trailing arm 2) Include 90 deg zirk fittings on the trailing arms! Mine came with straight ones but it's almost impossible to get a grease gun on them when installed. I see in the pictures that there is a 90*.
They definitely should have the 90 degree zerk fittings in them, if you PM me or e-mail me a good mailing address I will send you out a pair ASAP. We are changing up the description to recommend the outer trailing arm bushings along with the trailing arms so it should fix any confusion there.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
They definitely should have the 90 degree zerk fittings in them, if you PM me or e-mail me a good mailing address I will send you out a pair ASAP. We are changing up the description to recommend the outer trailing arm bushings along with the trailing arms so it should fix any confusion there.
PM sent, thanks!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
BMR Sales

Quote:
PM sent, thanks!
PM back at you.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #15
rdblan2

Quote:
Just place my order for the bushings from Apex! Any advise for removing the old and installing the new bushings? I'll use the puller suggested above! Thanks!
There's a number of threads here that show how to do it. I think I searched for "trailing arms" and found a few. Basically, lift the car and pull the rear wheels. Cut the rubber "edge" off of the bushing and use a two arm puller to push it out. You'll need a washer or something like that to help. The other bushing comes out with the old arms. It's really pretty simple.

There's a number of different ways to do it, but the 2 arm puller worked well for me. If you don't have one, life is easier with a 1/2" breaker bar.

Edit, Here's another way: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...r+trailing+arm
Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Thanks for the help! Sounds pretty straight forward! I hope to be doing it this weekend!

Sorry for jacking your thread! I'm glad this solution worked for you and once I get the bushings in it should help mine also!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
rdblan2

Quote:
Thanks for the help! Sounds pretty straight forward! I hope to be doing it this weekend!

Sorry for jacking your thread! I'm glad this solution worked for you and once I get the bushings in it should help mine also!
Not thread jacking at all! The bottom bolts are a bit of a pain to access, but I did it with only a few swear words and very little skill. You also can't or shouldn't use normal grease (not sure if you knew that) with the poly bushings.

Someone will be along to confirm that. The BMR folks or Apex Chase will get you right.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #18
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 JDP Track Spec Camaro
Quote:
Took the car to the track for the first time a few weeks ago (L99 w/ Livernois cam and Kooks headers). I had just a little bit of wheel hop leaving the line.

Installed some BRM trailing arms and bushings the following weekend. Immediately noticed the car feels more, I guess, planted is the word. Anyways, back to the track last night. No wheel hop at all.

I only made two passes. The track was full of some very rowdy people so I didn't stay long.

Used the two arm puller method to push out the old bushings. Rather easy install once I found my 1/2" breaker bar.
Nice!!! The BMR arms are very nice!!!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 10-20-2011, 01:18 AM   #19
Kabul SS

Drives: IBM Camaro 2SS
Do you have to do an alignment since the BMR trailing arms are a little shorter then stock or are you good without one?
Kabul SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #20
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabul SS View Post
Do you have to do an alignment since the BMR trailing arms are a little shorter then stock or are you good without one?
The BMR trailing arms are the same length as the stock ones so there is absolutely no need for an alignment after installing the trailing arms. I am pretty sure you are thinking about out lower control arms for the cCamaro which are shorter and an alignment does have to be done.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #21
Kabul SS

Drives: IBM Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
The BMR trailing arms are the same length as the stock ones so there is absolutely no need for an alignment after installing the trailing arms. I am pretty sure you are thinking about out lower control arms for the cCamaro which are shorter and an alignment does have to be done.
Thanks
Kabul SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #22
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
Any price breaks I am seriously considering TCA027 set over the TCA026 ...just cannot make up my mind..
Old 10-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #23
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 JDP Track Spec Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffen View Post
Any price breaks I am seriously considering TCA027 set over the TCA026 ...just cannot make up my mind..
I would go with the TCA026 if you're Camaro is primarily a daily driver although I like the TCA027 are very nice!! What other supporting mods have you done? Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 10-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #24
Kwik

Drives: car
I agree. Replace the bushings while you have it torn apart.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #25
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:

Always good to hear our parts are doing what they are supposed to do.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote