Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-16-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Dyno's and the dash lights...

I've had my car dyno'd about 4 or 5 times now. I know the dash lights look like a Xmas tree for a little while when you are done. Every time, after I drive for a few miles, all the lights clear themselves. Well, this last time my airbag light is staying on. It's been over a week since the dyno, and every time I start my car, my DIC tells me to check airbag. It's also my daily driver, so I'm pretty sure I've put a good amount of miles on her and cycled through the startup enough times.

I was wondering if anyone else had anything similar, and if I should wait a little while longer, or mayb just disconnect the battery for a few minutes to see if that works.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
To be honest with you Poor, I would do the battery disconnect or you could try to see if maybe Autozone could clear the code.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

I have a code reader that erases codes, but didn't know if that worked on the airbag light or just the CEL light. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
I had a ton of dyno pulls and never had the air bag light stay on...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Can't remember if you've modded away your warranty or not but the airbag light might be a real issue and isn't something that you should ignore. When that light is on, the airbag system is off and won't do you any good in an accident.

I had my airbag light come on around 40k miles and the dealer ended up replacing the airbag control module (~$260 + labor). Get it checked out soon - don't risk additional injuries in an accident.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
PoorMansCamaro

Thanks for the heads up. I've pretty much done every bolt-on mod possible, plus nitrous and a tune. Lol. Highly doubt any of that would cause the airbag to malfunction. But who knows what the dealer would do/say.

And just FYI, code readers don't read the airbag light.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I've pretty much done every bolt-on mod possible, plus nitrous and a tune. Lol. Highly doubt any of that would cause the airbag to malfunction. But who knows what the dealer would do/say.

And just FYI, code readers don't read the airbag light.
My UltraGauge didn't read the airbag light code either. Kind of annoyed me. It works fine for other codes, just not that airbag code.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #8
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
I know its your DD but If I were you I wouldn't drive it till its resolved. cuz theirs as possibility the airbag could deploy while your driving. and we done want that to happen.

Its probably nothing serious but just to be on the safe side I wouldn't drive it till you find out what triggered the Air Bag light to come on.

JMHO
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

I'm about to unhook the battery in a minute. If the light stays off, I'm going to assume it was the dyno run and not worry about it. If it comes back on, I'll go to the dealer first thing in the morning.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

Aaaand the light is still on. Fml

Ok, question, do I have to go back to the same dealer to get this checked out? Reason I ask is because I know another Chevy dealer that has their own performance shop and tuner. I met him after I bought my car and I think I would have better luck at their dealer.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:42 AM   #11
Shadow Camaro

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
If its a general warranty issue then you can go to any dealer. The only time you should have to go back to your dealer is if you have a problem with a dealer installed item. Thats what the closest chevy dealer told me anyways. Have to make a 45 minute drive to get my spoiler checked out cause of paint chipping :(.

Rotofab CAI, SW LT Headers and High Flow Cats, SW Cat-Back, Eibach Pro rear wheel spacers, SS Grill Insert, Street Scene Front Splitter, Blacked out rear emblem, blacked out bezels, plasti-dipped lower bumper, plasti-dipped rims with yellow pinstriping, dyed interior stitching yellow, 2x Kicker CVR 12's w/ 1200 watt kicker amp. MORE TO COME!
Shadow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:28 AM   #12
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I had mine dyno'd a couple of weeks ago and really hadn't driven the car too much since then but a few days later on the way home from my girls house I was coming around a curve on the I when I saw one of my co-workers sitting in the dark running radar and he clocked me. After about 2mi's down the road he lit me up and pulled me over to tell me my right rear tail light was flickering like something crazy but when I got out to view it with him, nothing! He said it was really going crazy but I couldn't think of what it was and then I recalled while I was on the dyno, my left rear tail and only the outside one was flickering like crazy. First time I had seen anything like it while on the dyno. Anyway, I've had no issues since and nothing lit on the dash thank God!
I would take it into the dealership as it cost nothing for them to look at and even if you had a dealer installed item, you can go to any dealer to have them look at it for warranty work. Warranty goes from dealer to dealer. We have our preferred ones of course but some times we're just not able to get back to them for whatever reason.
Take it in and have it looked at for you wouldn't want it to deploy at a bad time...
Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #13
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
poor man, do you think something might of damaged the air bag sensor while maybe working on other unrelated things? did you check the air bag fuse and/or try to reset your ecm? The only time I ever got a christmas light was when I did over 15 pulls for the e85 but for normal 3-4 pulls I never get any light.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #14
PoorMansCamaro

Hadn't checked the fuse. That's a good idea. And what do you mean, reset the ecu? Doesn't disconnecting the battery do that?