Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

DJ Grilles
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
2 fun events for Music City Camaro club

Yesterday Music City Camaro club had 2 great events. 8 members attended the YMCA Car Show in Springfield, TN & we hosted the first annual Music City Fest drag race & car show event along with our sponsor Camaro Chrome. At the car show we were a real hit drawing lots of spectators. We had several event coordinators strongly recruit us to to attend their events saying things like "please bring these beauties to our show". 7 of us got top 50 plaques. Then we had 13 Camaros show up for the Music City Fest. Several of us had a blast running our cars. Our faces hurt from our huge permagrins. Black Beauty won the drag event with Sparky coming in 2nd. Here are some pics. Ruby bravely competed against those V8's even winning against a heavily modified one in the time trials (okay he got loose & backed off but a win is a win!). I will also post up Ruby's time sheets. Other club members post up your pics & time sheets here too! We already decided we have to schedule more drag events. Watch out C5 community, we plan to be ready for C5 fest!
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Here are my time sheets. I am car 1175 - right side ob both sheets. The white one is the time trial & the yellow is the race. Let me remind everyone that both these are a lowly V6 versus V8's in both cases & a heavily modified one in the time trial! Ruby held her own racing along side you V8 guys! Boy was that ever fun!!!!! When can we go again? I wanna go to Beach Bend & do the 1/4 mi!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 10-16-2011 at 09:57 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Looks like you had fun. I have never been on a drag strip yet but last weekend our club took 3 laps around Watkins Glen raceway and that was awesome. My brother drags a heavily modified Chevy Vega so I will have to try drag racing one of these days.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
Macky

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Very nice Jan. Pictures are awesome. We had a great time!

Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
Camaro54

Drives: Camaro SS2/RS orange/black stripes
Nice pictures Jan. We deffinately had a big time that day with 2 car shows and an evening at the drag races all in the same day. You were fearless on the strip. Good job.
2010/2SS/RS/6L80E/LS3 Stroker 700RWHP/740tq/Kook Headers/3"exhaust/J-pipes/2300 Maggie/11lb bst/MSD Boost Pump/Duel pumps/85lb injec/8 rib kit/2 gauge pillar/ADM CAI Race/Coolmist Meth/RX catch can/Vmax ported TB/Lexani LX15s/Pedders sub F bushings inserts/Pedders sport extreme coilovers/ZL1 sway bars/Hotchkis strut tower brace/Hawk brake pads/stainless steel brake lines/CTV front calibers/slotted rotors 15"/1 pc drive shaft & loop/Calibre DL K40 hidden radar-laser detect/rear louvers/terminator hood/ SS mats/black outs/Bowties/GM GFX kit/blade spoiler/deading matting/wolf art/
Camaro54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
GM Technician

Drives: 11 SS/RS M6, 2002 TA M6, 85' El Cam
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
It was fun getting to meet everyone and see all your camaros. I hope next time to have a special passenger riding with me.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
BilJ

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Those pics are absolutely awesome....thanks for sharing your day.
BilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Come on crew post your awesome pics & time sheets too! That day was just too cool not to share.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #9
Macky

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Come on crew post your awesome pics & time sheets too! That day was just too cool not to share.
Put mine in an album. Check out my garage to see them!

Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
I completely forgot to take my camera to the race track... of course, unlike the cruises along the Natchez Trace and up to Norris Lake, I had no intention of shooting pics while zipping along down the drag strip.

I'll try to get my time slips up soon.

Definitely interested in any photos of my stock SIM convertible running the track ... so if anyone has pics or video (even poor quality), PM me so I can get copies.
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #11
Black Beauty
"The Camaro Whisperer"

Drives: 2010&1969Camaros,03 Impala,76Nova
We had a blast I was very proud of you Ruby You were not scared of those big boys. You showed them that girls know how to have fun too. I bet Mike is thinking twice about racing you now. Make sure he gets that car broke in good so he can't use that excuse.
Black Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:02 AM   #12
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Finally got around to shooting and uploading the time slips. I was #3753, running a bone-stock vert (300 pounds heavier than the stock SS). Had fun in first ever time on a track!

Time Trial 1 (left lane):
was rolling up my window when I saw the tree lights dropping ... was an "Awww $#^% !!!" moment and was surprised my reaction time wasn't worse, but I launched with NO RPMs loaded!

Time Trial 2 (left lane):
Even worse on reaction time, but had my best run and my best elapsed time of the night.

Elim Round 1 (left lane):
I am pretty certain that Ruby was worried about damaging my fragile ego (like she did in the time trials when she beat a mod'ed SS!). She also knew she had an unfair advantage by wearing racing gloves when I had none.

Elim round 2 (right lane):
had my best reaction time of the night, matched up against supercharged SS. He had an AWESOME run with good reaction time as well. He beat me to the finish line, but did too well - beating his dial in, knocking himself out. This was a really close one (and my best speed at the trap for the night), but he definitely had me beat!

Elim Round 3 - Semi-Finals (left lane):
Matched up against Black Beauty and knew I had to have a really good run to advance! One or more of three driver's errors on my part. Think I picked up debris on my tires lining up, mighta lined up just outside of the groove, and had more RPM's loaded and got on the gas too hard at the launch. Black Beauty won the psych game as I spun on launch ... and spun ... and spun ... and spun. I think I was still spinning while at the 60' mark where Dave blew past me! I still am wanting to see video/pic of me sitting in a cloud of my own smoke as Dave coasts on down the track for likely his easiest win of the night (he crossed the trap at a leisurely 63.49 MPH!!!!)!

Had a blast running the track! And congrats again to Black Beauty on winning the event!
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:37 AM   #13
010 Camaro SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Looks like you had a blast...Very nice pics...Lots of nice old
musclecars...
010 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote