Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Joeblack
 
Joeblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 76
LED replacement bulbs for DRL's on UK camaro

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if I can get LED replacement bulbs for the DRL's on my 2013 UK camaro ? I believe the UK spec camaro is based on the US SS model ?? If someone could confirm if its possible and if so what bulbs do I need I would be grateful.

cheers guys
Joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Red_Maro
 
Red_Maro's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 69
The US model uses the p13w bulbs. I´m not sure if the euro spec uses them too but i bet they do.
Red_Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
Modern07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 2,789
Yes it's possible - but depending on how early/late into the build cycle you were it could be P13w or PSX26W - the later models of 2012 plus the 2013's used the PSX26W versions - so I wouldn't be surprised if thats what you need but being a UK car it would be best to check first

Easiest way to check is to just turn the wheel fully to left or right so you can get in, undo the Torx bolt on the plastic cover at the front of the wheel well so you can pull it back, and then reach in and undo the bulb - post a picture of the bulb and we can tell you

Where abouts in Yorkshire anyway? Visited Sherburn a lot and also Leeds and Hull where I have family (originally from Chester)
__________________
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
Joeblack
 
Joeblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Yes it's possible - but depending on how early/late into the build cycle you were it could be P13w or PSX26W - the later models of 2012 plus the 2013's used the PSX26W versions - so I wouldn't be surprised if thats what you need but being a UK car it would be best to check first

Easiest way to check is to just turn the wheel fully to left or right so you can get in, undo the Torx bolt on the plastic cover at the front of the wheel well so you can pull it back, and then reach in and undo the bulb - post a picture of the bulb and we can tell you

Where abouts in Yorkshire anyway? Visited Sherburn a lot and also Leeds and Hull where I have family (originally from Chester)
I'm presuming its going to be late 2012 early 2013 as it was first registered in May 2013, I'll try and get a bulb out tomorrow and post a pic....thanks for the help.

I'm from Doncaster which isn't too far from Hull and Leeds, if I had a choice of Yorkshire or Florida I know which one i would choose.....Florida every time ! I'm out there for a month every year on vacation.....love the states !
Joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
Modern07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeblack View Post
I'm presuming its going to be late 2012 early 2013 as it was first registered in May 2013, I'll try and get a bulb out tomorrow and post a pic....thanks for the help.

I'm from Doncaster which isn't too far from Hull and Leeds, if I had a choice of Yorkshire or Florida I know which one i would choose.....Florida every time ! I'm out there for a month every year on vacation.....love the states !
Yeah I'd put money on it being a PSX26W then, but it's so easy to take the bulb out to check so better safe than sorry.

I know Doncaster - visited a few times as my friend from Uni supported Doncaster Rovers so on the odd saturday we used to head over and watch them play (I went to Sheffield Hallam University)

You're not wrong about the States versus the UK - as soon as the oppotunity to move out here came up it was an easy decision!
__________________
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
Joeblack
 
Joeblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 76
Ok so I got some PSX26W drl replacements and fitted them, they work ok however I have a warning on dash now saying check drl bulbs, have I done something wrong ?
Joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
Joeblack
 
Joeblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 76
Stupid me I should have read the manual before ordering the bulbs....it clearly says P13w bulbs for drl ! That will teach me to be impatient lol
Joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Joeblack
 
Joeblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 76
So I got some P13W led bulbs but the lugs don't fit the bulb holder, the lugs on the PSX26W fit the bulb holder fine so it would appear my manual may be wrong ??

I did connect both type of bulb to the connector cable and both generated a bulb error message.

Can anyone help with what I'm doing wrong ? My car is a 2013 euro spec camaro.

Thanks in advance
Joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #9
Kafuzke
 
Kafuzke's Avatar
 
Drives: Euro Camaro (2SS/RS) Convertible
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Europe, Germany
Posts: 33
At the euro camaro the body control modul (BCM) checks the drl's an some other bulbs. you can't programming the BCM. The only thing you can do, is to mock the bcm with resistors. Then you don't have any error warnings in dash when LED's installed.
__________________
Greetings
Kafuzke

Kafuzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:22 AM   #10
2SSRS@Gen5diy
My other car is 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafuzke View Post
At the euro camaro the body control modul (BCM) checks the drl's an some other bulbs. you can't programming the BCM. The only thing you can do, is to mock the bcm with resistors. Then you don't have any error warnings in dash when LED's installed.
+1 his car does have PSX26W but you will need resistors so the BCM thinks you have the stock bulbs in there.
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.