Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #579
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT (2SS/RS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
can't wait to get off work, finish my second light and turn these babies on!!! Haha. Now we just need someone with AACs fog lights to post some pics of them on with these on to see if the colors match. I want to get some blue fog lights, but don't want them to be different colors.
Mackman i'm working on it
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 128Mods: CAI CAI, Emblempros Dash Plaque, R/C Lic. Plate, Fbodfathers signature, AAC SMD SML, AAC P13 LED DRL, TF center console, Full dash ABL, Noweed Exhaust Diverters, Heritage Grille, Door Projectors, 20watt LED reverse lights with strobe features, S.S. black billet grille with air scoops, custom designed engine cover, custom designed "BLACKOUT" cross drilled / slotted rotors, Borla S-type exhaust, Elite Engineering oil catch can, Nitto Invo Tires WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #580
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendell347 View Post
Mackman i'm working on it
Awesome!!! Can't wait!

For all those that care, I started the installation at 6pm Tuesday and stopped at midnight and started again Wednesday at about 7pm and had the car back together and driving at 10pm. The second headlight was A LOT easier cause I had some idea of how to do it rather than trying to watch the video and do it. I have NO mechanical experience and not good with tools either haha. Went well I think though. They look great. Just trying to figure out what colors I can drive with on here in KY I know red and blue are a no no, but green might be ok.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #581
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
That's spending hundreds more for RS headlights. I mean, if affording them isn't a problem for you, go for it. But removing the headlights from the car is not very difficult. Besides, to put the RS headlights on your car, you'd need to go through everything to get your non RS lights out anyways. Removing headlight housings is not very difficult. It sounds like this LED swap is the hard part. Everyone IS installing this kit with the headlights removed from the car, theres no avoiding that.
Well there's a guy on here on the forums that sells them for $800 a set. It's a lot better than $900 a headlight.

I wasn't too sure how it was supposed to be installed so I just offered up that idea.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #582
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
Well there's a guy on here on the forums that sells them for $800 a set. It's a lot better than $900 a headlight.

I wasn't too sure how it was supposed to be installed so I just offered up that idea.
Yea, don't get me wrong, the prices here are much better than buying brand new from the dealer. I'm just saying you could wait to see what JDP comes up with for the non RS instead of spending $1000 (RS headlights + JDP kit) because you want color changing halos and an easier install. But, if you were planning on getting RS headlights in the first place regardless of the JDP kit, then yea, go for it.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #583
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2011 2SSRS A6 RJT
Thanks JDP!

Dragom (Danny), BSX_Camaro (Brad) and myself got together for two installs today. Danny's nephew Houston is probably one of the brightest kids I've seen in a long time. He torn apart two cars and aside from testing the kits which I strongly suggest before installation, it took about 2hrs per car and that's pulling the front wheels, adding 8K projectors and chrome dome bulbs to Brad's car. Anyway, the end result is 3 cars with the JDP color changing halos that look sick!
Attached Images

Last edited by chozn4service; 04-14-2012 at 05:35 PM.
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #584
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
Yea, don't get me wrong, the prices here are much better than buying brand new from the dealer. I'm just saying you could wait to see what JDP comes up with for the non RS instead of spending $1000 (RS headlights + JDP kit) because you want color changing halos and an easier install. But, if you were planning on getting RS headlights in the first place regardless of the JDP kit, then yea, go for it.
I really don't like the halogen look. It feels a little too overused. If JDP can make them look a whole lot better then I would definitely stay with halogens.

I wouldn't mind eagle eyes but they're halos are too small.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #585
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
I really don't like the halogen look. It feels a little too overused. If JDP can make them look a whole lot better then I would definitely stay with halogens.

I wouldn't mind eagle eyes but they're halos are too small.
I don't think eagle eyes get the respect they deserve, lol. I felt the same way as you, looking at pictures of them online. Until I saw them in person while installing them on a friends car. They look a lot better than I thought. Slightly different from RS but nice. They're not LED though so I dont think this kit would work with them.
Here's how his halos looked after I was done.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #586
DCC1464
COTW 5/27/13

Drives: '11 SS/RS CGM
well install completed, after a lot of issues, car caught an electrial grimlin during install , had the window message, service stability track, check brake light, and radio would not shut off with key out, but it all got straitned out and is fine now
here a little video of my finished product

now to get some new battery's for my remote

622RWHP/512FTLBS
Here is My build thread

Last edited by DCC1464; 04-15-2012 at 01:47 AM.
DCC1464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #587
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM

This wallpaper worthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCC1464 View Post
well install completed, after a lot of issues, car caught an electrial grimlin during install , had the window message, service stability track, check brake light, and radio would not shut off with key out, but it all got straitned out and is fine now
here a little video of my finished product

now to get some new battery's for my remote
That's awesome! How'd you get the grill lighting to change colors at the same time?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #588
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Just make sure you have a 2" torx bit as noted or you'll never get that last screw out.

Never have truer words been spoken, don't even attempt without the suggested tools.

No problems after the install, I think the orange looks weak, and the yellow has a green tinge. Other than that I feel it's a quality product. I can get the orange I want by pausing the fade.

Is there a way to program a color?
h2oplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #589
Pharmaro

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Installed mine yesterday and I'm think I must have pulled a wire off of one of the LEDs or something because all I get are different shades of blue, purple, and red and my interior LED still lights up all colors. The only good thing about this is that both halos are in sync (i.e. one doesn't light up red and one green) unless I messed up the same wire on each LED lol. I have tried to reprogram the lights, but that doesn't seem to fix anything.

I defintely won't be taking the LED's out again unless I pay someone to do it haha.

I also can't run my dome lights and associated footwell lighting at the same time as the halo's. No blown fuses though. Not sure what the deal is there.
Pharmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #590
ubrimah
Oreo

Drives: Summit White LT/RS A6
Would anyone be able to post the install PDF? I'd like to take it to a shop for an estimate.

ubrimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #591
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Just some motivation for all of you potential buyers, and future installers! (don't mind the picture quality)

Old 04-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #592
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2011 2SSRS A6 RJT
Can someone hook me up with the programming for the remote. Everything had been working fine but now my halos come on in both ignition and battery but I can't get them to do anything else. Earlier today the went through all the colors, speed and fades but I'm not sure if the remote is jacking with with me.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #593
LS3 SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrimah View Post
Would anyone be able to post the install PDF? I'd like to take it to a shop for an estimate.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...177178&page=20

Someone posted the PDF on this page.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #594
cubjag

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
The instructions to reprogram the remote have been posted in this thread a few times.
cubjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #595
LS3 SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Can someone hook me up with the programming for the remote. Everything had been working fine but now my halos come on in both ignition and battery but I can't get them to do anything else. Earlier today the went through all the colors, speed and fades but I'm not sure if the remote is jacking with with me.

Thanks!

How to reprogram remote:

Turn switch inside car to no power
Hold down brightness up and brightness down and power button all at once for 15 seconds or so
Turn switch to battery power while still holding all 3 buttons, keep holding the buttons for 15-20 seconds while the box relearns the code.

May take you 2 or 3 tries but it will work.