Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
mypuppysirius

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey V6
how vararam works??

So i'm still new to this site and i hope i'm not clogging up threads or anything by starting new ones for simple questions (please let me know if i should be doing something different or if there is a better way to go about my questions on products) but are there any pictures of videos on how the Vararam gets it air??

I know people say there is a scoop that goes in front of the radiator, but i just went out and looked under my hood and cant figure out how that would work, or how air could even get up there. Then to me, it looks like the hood might almost seal it off.

I know that it has had great reviews and that it works somehow, just trying to figure out how that is before, as a poor college student, i spend the money to get one.

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Basically, the hood does seal it off so that the scoop behind the grille forces the air to the intake.

BTW, I noticed you're in SLC. I'm trying to sell my Vararam CAI. I decided that I want to go another route. PM me if you're interested.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter

Bellows around filter seals to hood. There is a scoop that goes over the radiator and drops down in front. It pulls cool outside air into the bellows pressurizing it at speed.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #4
mypuppysirius

Thanks for your guys input. i appreciate it. PsychoRS, are you the one selling it on ksl?? i've actually looked at it a few times. i could be very interested once i get a little more $$$.

Would you mind me asking why you are selling it??
Old 10-28-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
mypuppysirius

Does anyone know if someone has put a hood on with a scoop that could pull air straight into it??

Or would that not make much of a difference and dirty it up bad???
Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
The VR intake was designed to work with the stock hood. I don't believe there is an aftermarket hood currently available that would feed air directly into the VR intake without some sort of modification to either the intake or the hood.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypuppysirius View Post
PsychoRS, are you the one selling it on ksl?? i've actually looked at it a few times. i could be very interested once i get a little more $$$.

Would you mind me asking why you are selling it??
Yes I'm the one selling it on KSL. I decided to sell it because I decided to go with the Injen Longtube CAI or the RotoFab CAI with ADM scoop. There's nothing wrong with the Vararam, I just decided to go a different route.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote