Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
mpiper
 
mpiper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 496
Solo HF Cats - dealer issues?

I'm thinking about getting these cats this winter. For those who already have them:
  1. do they really prevent the CEL?
  2. do they void the warrantee of the engine since the o2 sensor is being "adjusted"
  3. how do the dealers react?

So these just bolt right up to stock exhaust manifolds and any cat back exhaust, right?
__________________
Midnight => 2011 1LT/RS, A6, Roto-Fab CAI & W/W Relocate, MPD Hood, 25%/18% Carbon Tint
See my build journal here.
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Jmiller
 
Jmiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 256
Solo high flow cats

No cel is thrown. These cat's have o2 sensors ports. Just plug o2 plug in to port and everything will be fine.

I'm not sure about warranty, it's up to the dealer.

If you have the stock headers and stock exhaust on your car then the install is completely a bolt on installation. I had put Doug thorley shortie headers on my car and the high flow cats had to be welded on. For some reason the shortie headers did not have mounting flanges.

These cats make a noticeable difference in power. Great add on.
__________________
ADM LSA Supercharger Conversion, ADM air intake ,Stainless power 1 7/8 long tubes w/hi-flow cats, Chunnningham Motorsports stage 2 cam and custom Dyno tune from Starkweather Performance.

624 RWHP, 524 RWTQ
Jmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
mpiper
 
mpiper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 496
Glad to hear about no cel.

Anyone else have these? What have any dealers said when they saw these?

Oh, and the obvious question: Pictures?
__________________
Midnight => 2011 1LT/RS, A6, Roto-Fab CAI & W/W Relocate, MPD Hood, 25%/18% Carbon Tint
See my build journal here.
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
RickRay
INJACC
 
RickRay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal (South Shore)Quebec, Canada
Posts: 6,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiper View Post
I'm thinking about getting these cats this winter. For those who already have them:
  1. do they really prevent the CEL?
  2. do they void the warrantee of the engine since the o2 sensor is being "adjusted"
  3. how do the dealers react?

So these just bolt right up to stock exhaust manifolds and any cat back exhaust, right?
1. No Cel
2. until something breaks in the engine..so far so good 60,000 KM on my car
3. I have the works & my dealer saw the set-up & did several Warranty work on my car that didn't have to do with the Exhaust system...
__________________
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
mydreamcar
My Dream Car
 
mydreamcar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: staten island
Posts: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmiller View Post
No cel is thrown. These cat's have o2 sensors ports. Just plug o2 plug in to port and everything will be fine.

I'm not sure about warranty, it's up to the dealer.

If you have the stock headers and stock exhaust on your car then the install is completely a bolt on installation. I had put Doug thorley shortie headers on my car and the high flow cats had to be welded on. For some reason the shortie headers did not have mounting flanges.

These cats make a noticeable difference in power. Great add on.
Heres a question. I have the solo hfc already, was contemplating buying the bbk LT headers with HFC. Would the overall power(hp) be roughly the same by just adding the the DT shorties since I have the HFC already .

thanks
__________________
CAI intake/ADM Scoop/Stainless Power Headers/Dynatech cat back exhaust/Vitesse Throttle Control/ Ported Throttle Body/QTP Electric Cutouts/ 3.91 gears and janetty rear posi/ Tuned by Janetty racing
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 9,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
Heres a question. I have the solo hfc already, was contemplating buying the bbk LT headers with HFC. Would the overall power(hp) be roughly the same by just adding the the DT shorties since I have the HFC already .

thanks

If you already have the SOLO HFC's why not keep the OBX headers you are looking to sell. I was told these are knock offs of the BBK's.

Hp for the shorties is 5-7. For the LT's you are looking at a minimum of 20+.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
mydreamcar
My Dream Car
 
mydreamcar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: staten island
Posts: 1,517
I was told by the seller that they wont bolt up to my solo hfc, now did I ask the shop , no , maybe I should


Thanks
__________________
CAI intake/ADM Scoop/Stainless Power Headers/Dynatech cat back exhaust/Vitesse Throttle Control/ Ported Throttle Body/QTP Electric Cutouts/ 3.91 gears and janetty rear posi/ Tuned by Janetty racing
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 9,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
I was told by the seller that they wont bolt up to my solo hfc, now did I ask the shop , no , maybe I should


Thanks

That could be true, Might just be a size issue, buy an adapter.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #9
mydreamcar
My Dream Car
 
mydreamcar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: staten island
Posts: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
That could be true, Might just be a size issue, buy an adapter.
Thats a pretty good idea. but I think I have them sold, waiting on a pm.

Thanks for the help though
__________________
CAI intake/ADM Scoop/Stainless Power Headers/Dynatech cat back exhaust/Vitesse Throttle Control/ Ported Throttle Body/QTP Electric Cutouts/ 3.91 gears and janetty rear posi/ Tuned by Janetty racing
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solo Performance Mach XL exhaust with J-pipe and High Flo Cats installed! Yellow Camaro Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 8 08-30-2011 11:18 PM
F/S Solo Performance high flow cats ssmike V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment 18 06-20-2011 03:03 PM
anyone have LT headers with cats with solo cat back? bmbbl be Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 3 09-21-2010 07:06 PM
Camaro 2010 Issues Tim's.2010.Camaro.SS Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 57 06-04-2010 10:27 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.