Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 11-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #201
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
1LE performance package + 1SS = $40,000.

1LE performance package + 2SS = $44,000.

Add $6K to $7K for an LS7 option.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #202
SS 376

Drives: IBM 1SS
Is the 1LE definitely going to happen in the near future or is it just a thought exercise by GM?
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #203
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Is the 1LE definitely going to happen in the near future or is it just a thought exercise by GM?
Who knows?

How many of the SEMA GM Camaro concepts went to production?

Synergy green Camaro and?
Old 11-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #204
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
so you disagree that it would add more cost?
Do you understand how it works?
You remove things like pwer windows and power seats, they're going to have to use other part like manual windows and seat levers to replace them. Items that are currently not in the parts bin.
Hence = added cost.
Another idea is they could always make that a "Delete" option like in the old days you could order a car with "Heater Delete"

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #205
Runin11z

Drives: 11 CGM 2RS-SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post

Add $6K to $7K for a Z/28LS7 option.
Looks pretty close to me.....
2011 Camaro Ls3 CGM stock
Runin11z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #206
SwiftDream
Currently Dreaming

Drives: '08 Grand Prix, '12 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post

Love the GFX!
With the exception of the GFX, this looks eerily similar to your car lol
SwiftDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #207
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDream View Post
With the exception of the GFX, this looks eerily similar to your car lol
Kinda. I like mine more though But I do like what they did with the hood and hash marks.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #208
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
They might. I mean they just released the High volume Fuel pump form the ZL1 as a GMPP part. Who knows what else they may do the same with.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #209
Fraxum

Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runin11z View Post
For 40k you are not going to have a camaro that performs on level with the big dogs of this segment. Take that Copo 9562 add 427, safety, Hd drivetrain, MRC, Manual only, and let's not forget Z/28...

This is not in detail but you get the drift.
When you say performs, do you mean 1/4 mile? This is not what the 1LE and Z28 are all about. If you want the big dog pony up for the ZL1. The Boss is the target. The ZL1 is TOO MUCH. The 1LE should be just enough.

One thing is for sure, ditch the ground effects along with the MR. The GE adds more cost extra and weight no benefit. Bad idea for this car. Make it optional a least.

The 1LE Inferno build thread
More Seat Time. Thinking the 1LE is a keeper.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #210
Runin11z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
When you say performs, do you mean 1/4 mile? This is not what the 1LE and Z28 are all about. If you want the big dog pony up for the ZL1. The Boss is the target. The ZL1 is TOO MUCH. The 1LE should be just enough.

One thing is for sure, ditch the ground effects along with the MR. The GE adds more cost extra and weight no benefit. Bad idea for this car. Make it optional a least.
Like I said this was not in detail. But since you asked lets start this, The idea is to use parts easily sourced in the parts bin. Also to utilize new technology. Let's get this out of the way first, a 1SS with a 1le package should be around 43k, 2SS with a 1le package should be around 46k, and the Z/28 should be around 52k. These are at best rough estimates and do not include optional RS packaging.

In which the ZL1 will out perform them all. For one I agree the extra stuff like splitters and gfx could be axed, but we are a society of compromise and you must admit the package does look intimidating.

Please understand my intentions by stating the "package" that I said in my earlier post. I used the COPO as a reference to weight. 427 LS7 due to this is an engine already in production and has went through reliability and emission testing. MRC as it has proven to work on not only the Camaro but the fastest production sedan in the world and Corvettes. Not to mention the MRC they utilized in those platforms are not as advanced as the ZL1. All the rest of the things said are mandatory in installing this engine so there forth pretty self explanitory.

When I say perform I am understating the premise. I want the Z/28 to dominate domestic tracks first then to be recognized as a world performer once well established here in America. Like I said before "I want GM to decimate all direct competition" this is key to the cars success not only in America but abroad. This is road course oriented just in case you missed the gist.

Let me ask you a question, would you want a 40k Camaro that performs on a road course slightly slower or as you put it "JUST ENOUGH" than the competition eg. Boss LS, BMW M3, Porsche Cayman R, and Audi RS4? Or would you be completely stoked about a low 50k Camaro that blows the competition away and sets the bar of performance in this category on a new level and knocks the competition on its ear, making the competition go back to the drawing board.

Here are my only issues with my idea. The 427 is not really a Z/28 esque CID, but you have to admit the C5r it was derived from was a killer on the track. But since it holds the same architecture as all other LS engines I don't feel so bad about the displacement. Also you must think about weight I say keep the dry sump since the ZL1 is close to 50/50 distribution. Meaning less changes to the chassis to compensate for the loss of the SC on the LSA, also dry sump has proven advantages on those banked tracks and high G cornering. Before we get into packaging issues. Let it be known either way as long as its a close to 500 hp LS engine I won't complain.

I have a whole myriad of thoughts about this model and how it can boost profit and production, but I will save that for another post. Maybe GM should hire me....

LOL JK

Here I will share a bit more for you hardcore enthusiasts. Take the 1le and apply old concepts like dealer installed performance parts, a few names come to mind right off the bat Pfadt and Pedders. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but just think the possibility is limitless......

Last edited by Runin11z; 11-04-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #211
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
aftermarket air ride + exhaust + vinyl stickers wouldn't cost 9k.. That's including labor to tear of the old suspension + exhaust. Not sure why magnetic ride would be significantly higher especially considering you don't have to pay for the cost of standard springs etc on top of the cost of magnetic ride. Somebody else mentioned that it is a $1700 upgrade for the vette. Even if you consider the fact that the stock vette has more expensive suspension components than the Camaro SS, 3-5k in added cost is completely reasonable as an "upgrade price" for the suspension alone. Painting a hood with custom graphics would probably run you 2k, including clear coating the bumpers and fenders... But I bet they'd give you vinyl stickers though because even the Dodge Challenger SRT8 has stickers on it. Manufacturers don't really do custom paint jobs anymore... The upgraded dual mode exhaust, considering the fact that you don't have to pay for a standard exhaust as well wouldn't be more than a 1k upgrade cost... so really add it up again 5k+2k+1k=8k Add in even more profit margin and you're at 9k... So I still don't see how that is not reasonable, unless you were arguing that 9k was too much? Then you may have a case...
Yeah , 9k is way to much .
Old 11-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #212
Runin11z

Oh yeah before you get into the ZL1 is what I'm basically talking about. Let me assure that it is not. The ZL1 has already proven itself on Germany's most demanding track and if you don't think that has the competition worried you are sadly mistaken. The ZL1 is not targeting the Boss or other aforementioned cars, it's going after the big money
Old 11-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #213
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Oh yeah before you get into the ZL1 is what I'm basically talking about. Let me assure that it is not. The ZL1 has already proven itself on Germany's most demanding track and if you don't think that has the competition worried you are sadly mistaken. The ZL1 is not targeting the Boss or other aforementioned cars, it's going after the big money
Boss, GT500...small fish.

You know those movies where the older, more experienced character says of his son, or younger friend "I taught him everything he knows"...That's sorta the scene I see when I picture the 1LE next to the ZL1....I mean, heck - look at the logos!!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #214
SwiftDream
Currently Dreaming

Drives: '08 Grand Prix, '12 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Kinda. I like mine more though But I do like what they did with the hood and hash marks.
Yeah that was a nice touch. And dont worry, your car is still #1 on my stalker list.
SwiftDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #215
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I literally speed read through this whole thread hoping to find more actual pictures of the 1LE. Could one of you folks at SEMA be kind enough to take pictures of her and post them on the Internets.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #216
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDream View Post
Yeah that was a nice touch. And dont worry, your car is still #1 on my stalker list.
haha

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #217
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Thanks alot . My brother got his but he did it before they were available and he doesnt have the numbers anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Bro, I got you. I've got them on mine. They're a bit messy but its been raining for weeks in my neck of the woods. I love them.

Racing Pedal Kit (Accelerator) - 92213647
Racing Pedal Kit ( Brake/Clutch) - 92173105

Old 11-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #218
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I literally speed read through this whole thread hoping to find more actual pictures of the 1LE. Could one of you folks at SEMA be kind enough to take pictures of her and post them on the Internets.
I'm wondering where the rest of the pics are myself.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #219
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I'm wondering where the rest of the pics are myself.
Autobloge has some good photos, best that can be done at the moment. No one seem to be uploading anything, very disapointing.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/02/c...-motors-booth/
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #220
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
WOOO! Its been a while, didnt think you'd seen the last of me huh? haha. Ironic cause my Camaro has laid dormant for nearly half a year until just yesterday hitting the pavement once again. And it being a 3rd gen coupled with my oppinions on these subjects i feel i must weigh in...

I wouldnt buy this as a Z/28. Simple, sweet, true. Its not a Z. The 1LE package ADDS to the Camaro (technically it adds to a Z, but we're going with SS here cause GM got all that confused on 3rd and 4th gens). This package adds to an SS so it more closely resembles a 1LE. A true Z/28 has a unique motor (to camaro at least), that is not available in any other Camaro model. For a Z/28 i would expect nothing less than an LS7 or a new production version of a smaller displacement LS motor with forged internals that spins to the FRIGGIN moon like a Cobalt or something. I dont like the body kit. The 1LE never had any signature signs calling it out as a 1LE, unless you saw the build sheet youd never know, same as the Mustang's "track pack" you dont have mustangs running around with "track pack" decals and side moldings, its just a performance option, just as the 1LE should be. Im iffy on how much was stolen from the ZL1, it bugs me a little, i wish it was closer to "racing specs" than what it is. A 1LE should have stiffer/adjustable suspension, performance fuel system, better tires/rims, a manual ONLY, and anything that can save weight/cost should be deleted. No luxury options at all. Cloth seats (maybe Recaros), 4-pack gauge cluster, no sound deadening (its a performance option, if youre buying it, you WANT TO HEAR IT) maybe even throw in a hotter cam (as a dealer-installed thing to get around emissions and testing). I like the close-ratio tranny. If its going to have fancy exhaust tips it better back it up, free flowing exhaust and performance manifolds are a must. A nasty gear ratio is a must too, but i suggest you have a few ratios for the customer to choose from (3.73, 4.10, etc). The main idea here is an SS is a bad mofo. The 1LE should be 110% of that bad-mofo. Not enough to make a huge difference, but enough to give you an edge over non-1LE cars.

All in all, this should be the Mustang "track pack" plus more. This isnt a Z, a Z would require a motor swap. No ifs, ands, or buts, a Z does not have an SS motor. Does not. A 1LE is a road-friendly track-inspired OPTION. A Z/28 is a street-legal race car MODEL.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #221
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
They should call this one Z28....
IROC? hahahaha!
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #222
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Quote:
Like I said this was not in detail. But since you asked lets start this, The idea is to use parts easily sourced in the parts bin. Also to utilize new technolgy. Let's get this out of the way first, a 1SS with a 1le package should be around 43k, 2SS with a 1le package should be around 46k, and the Z/28 should be around 52k. These are at best rough estimates and do not include optional RS packaging.

In which the ZL1 will out perform them all. For one I agree the extra stuff like splitters and gfx could be axed, but we are a society of compromise and you must admit the package does look intimidating.

Please understand my intentions by stating the "package" that I said in my earlier post. I used the COPO as a reference to weight. 427 LS7 due to this is an engine already in production and has went through reliability and emission testing. MRC as it has proven to work on not only the Camaro but the fastest production sedan in the world and Corvettes. Not to mention the MRC they utilized in those platforms are not as advanced as the ZL1. All the rest of the things said are mandatory in installing this engine so there forth pretty self explanitory.

When I say perform I am understating the premise. I want the Z/28 to dominate domestic tracks first then to be recognized as a world performer once well established here in America. Like I said before "I want GM to decimate all direct competition" this is key to the cars success not only in America but abroad. This is road course oriented just in case you missed the gist.

Let me ask you a question, would you want a 40k Camaro that performs on a road course slightly slower or as you put it "JUST ENOUGH" than the competition eg. Boss LS, BMW M3, Porsche Cayman R, and Audi RS4? Or would you be completely stoked about a low 50k Camaro that blows the competition away and sets the bar of performance in this category on a new level and knocks the competition on its ear, making the competition go back to the drawing board.

Here are my only issues with my idea. The 427 is not really a Z/28 esque CID, but you have to admit the C5r it was derived from was a killer on the track. But since it holds the same architecture as all other LS engines I don't feel so bad about the displacement. Also you must think about weight I say keep the dry sump since the ZL1 is close to 50/50 distribution. Meaning less changes to the chassis to compensate for the loss of the SC on the LSA, also dry sump has proven advantages on those banked tracks and high G cornering. Before we get into packaging issues. Let it be known either way as long as its a close to 500 hp LS engine I won't complain.

I have a whole myriad of thoughts about this model and how it can boost profit and production, but I will save that for another post. Maybe GM should hire me....

LOL JK

Here I will share a bit more for you hardcore enthusiasts. Take the 1le and apply old concepts like dealer installed performance parts, a few names come to mind right off the bat Pfadt and Pedders. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but just think the possibility is limitless......
Your pricing strategy is too high.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #223
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Just produce the 1LE! And also the Hot Wheels edition as the Z28! (just add the LS7 to it)
Old 11-04-2011, 04:00 AM   #224
Runin11z

Quote:
Your pricing strategy is too high.
I said rough estimate at best. The last time I checked the Boss LS was around 48k. I will pay the 4k more for a LS7, how about you?
Old 11-04-2011, 04:02 AM   #225
Runin11z

Quote:

Add $6K to $7K for an LS7 option.
And from your rough estimates I'm not that far off.