Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HURST
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Need a good "CAI" for my 2012 Maro.

So yeah with the new LFX motor, i been needing a new CAI for my 2012 camaro any good ideas / pricing / specials on any good Cold Air Intakes?

I dont want K/N heard so many bad things about them. And i had injen previously but i dont want to have to worry about flooding on this camaro, so i need help finding a great CAI for my V6 that possibly has a heatshield and is painted black and a decent price, Not this Roto Fab stuff running 600$ for a Cold Intake >.> Rip Off.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Here is some more information on ours. To my knowledge we are the only manufacturer who has a CAI available for the 2012 V6, I am not positive on that but that was the case last I checked.

http://www.coldairinductions.com/sto...maro/3-6l/2012
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
lazyb22
USCG

Drives: 2012 LT1 RS Conv V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
So yeah with the new LFX motor, i been needing a new CAI for my 2012 camaro any good ideas / pricing / specials on any good Cold Air Intakes?

I dont want K/N heard so many bad things about them. And i had injen previously but i dont want to have to worry about flooding on this camaro, so i need help finding a great CAI for my V6 that possibly has a heatshield and is painted black and a decent price, Not this Roto Fab stuff running 600$ for a Cold Intake >.> Rip Off.

Based on all that there is no other choice IMO than a CAI like Bill said. They are you best option. Great product Great price and Great customer service.

MODS: MRT V2 exhaust, CAI Intake, ADM Scoop, Roto-Fab Washer bottle relocation and TriFecta Tune

WISH LIST: not in any order
SLP Rear Quarter Panel Gills, Solo HFC, RX Catch Can, Vmax Throttle Body, Heritage grill, Afterburner taillights, Colorshifting Halos, LED side markers and Window tint.

lazyb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnd you can get a CAI Inc intake in black. Great unit, I certainly like mine. Mine has been completely trouble free and even a caveman could instal it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA

Here's mine, 2012 version.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
CAI intake all way

Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
Hellfighter

What difference is black silver? 450$ is way to much just for a intake... along with 399$ breaking my balls already lol, my previous injen was 304$ with free shipping. But im not worried about installation i just installed new MGW shifter and i installed a cai on my previous maro already.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
Hellfighter

Well like i posted above why is there a expense difference between black or silver?
Old 10-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
lazyb22
USCG

Drives: 2012 LT1 RS Conv V6
The black is powder coated and the silver is not. I think that is the difference.

MODS: MRT V2 exhaust, CAI Intake, ADM Scoop, Roto-Fab Washer bottle relocation and TriFecta Tune

WISH LIST: not in any order
SLP Rear Quarter Panel Gills, Solo HFC, RX Catch Can, Vmax Throttle Body, Heritage grill, Afterburner taillights, Colorshifting Halos, LED side markers and Window tint.

lazyb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #10
Hellfighter

What difference will it make in HP? my injen was chrome or shiny silver idk, air didnt seem to heat up in it, but the tube did.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:38 AM   #11
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
What difference will it make in HP? my injen was chrome or shiny silver idk, air didnt seem to heat up in it, but the tube did.
If I understand your question correctly, there is no difference between the HP increase in the "standard" silver CAI Inc intake for the LFX and the Black powder coated CAI Inc intake, it's just a visual preference.

I will defer to Bill@CAI Inc for absolutes, but it is simply a matter of what you would rather your engine bay look like. The only difference is the exterior appearance, nothing in the interior functionality whatsoever.

As far as the price difference between the Injen and CAI....it's up to you and what you are comfortable with. Is the $50 extra for the CAI intake worth the knowing that you have a box separating your intake from the engine bay heat while ensuring you have little to no threat of Hydrolock that some are scared of with the Injen?

And for that endorsement, Bill, you can pm me for my address to send me my free 2012 LFX CAI Inc Cold Air Induction Kit!

Old 10-30-2011, 03:47 AM   #12
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
check the member classifieds on the link below. I got a injen long tube cai from another member for $150 nearly brand new under 1000miles on it. I was not going to spend more than $300 for a cai. then I bought a $30 hydroshield so it wouldnt hydrolock on me from too much rain.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

here it is after i painted it green. Cheap as hell and a noticeable difference for sure. It will gain even more hp once I install my t2 ports too.

Last edited by austinjames; 10-30-2011 at 04:06 AM.
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:29 AM   #13
Hellfighter

I Dont think the injen will fit in the 2012 model though from what i heard only the CAI Bills selling fits, and its kinda pricy, the aftermarketers need to pick up their pase so they lower, 500$ just is not worth a cai to me, its basically an entire exhaust system or a really good upgrade for your car.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #14
Hellfighter

Im not saying i wont feel HP, i had an air intake on previous maro, and its not half the price i had the V8 Cherry Bomb Catback System that made my car roar for a v6, that was 400$ free shipping, so an air intake costing more than that is a rip off to me personally.