Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #251
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Very Nice, Where did you get them? Were they difficult to install?
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #252
pensphan87

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS Convertible Bliss
They r from defender works and r not hard to install but u have to unscrew the inner fender.

Cost around $100
pensphan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #253
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Hey Pens...

I saw your delivery photos and wanted to ask you where you got the cool Camaro poster/banner.

That is nice!

For mods so far I blacked out my tail light bezels, and I just ordered my Cold Air Intake and exhaust. Woohoo!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #254
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSyT View Post
Hey Pens...

I saw your delivery photos and wanted to ask you where you got the cool Camaro poster/banner.

That is nice!

For mods so far I blacked out my tail light bezels, and I just ordered my Cold Air Intake and exhaust. Woohoo!
Good to see you posting. Which cold air intake and exhaust are you ordering?

I'm looking hard at cold air intake from CAI Inc., and exhaust from Solo (cat back).

Jerry
Old 03-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #255
NoSyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCMSGTRET View Post
Good to see you posting. Which cold air intake and exhaust are you ordering?

I'm looking hard at cold air intake from CAI Inc., and exhaust from Solo (cat back).

Jerry
Hey Jerry,

For me, I went with Cold Air intake from CAI Inc. and because mine is a V6, I'm going with the MRT V2 axle back exhaust.

I've heard the Solo's are nice but have you looked at/heard the Borla exhaust for the SS? I believe Borla has 3 different exhaust setups for the SS depending on how aggressive and/or loud you're trying to go with with it.

- Tyson
Old 03-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #256
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSyT View Post
Hey Jerry,

For me, I went with Cold Air intake from CAI Inc. and because mine is a V6, I'm going with the MRT V2 axle back exhaust.

I've heard the Solo's are nice but have you looked at/heard the Borla exhaust for the SS? I believe Borla has 3 different exhaust setups for the SS depending on how aggressive and/or loud you're trying to go with with it.

- Tyson
Hi Tyson,

All that I've hear about the CAI Inc cold air induction has been good so that's probably what I'll buy too. I'm having a little difficulty convincing my wife I really need it but within the next few days she'll want something she doesn't "need" either and then I can work a bargain.

Let us know how your CAI install goes.

Last weekend I went to a statewide Camaro rally in Orlando. There were approximately 120 Camaros there. I saw enough things there to put on my wish list to last a lifetime. Now I just need to win the lottery. But, of the cars that had cold air induction, the one made by CAI Inc. was the predominant followed by Roto Fab and then K&N.

I've been looking at various exhausts and reading the reviews and talking to fellow Camaro owners.

This morning I did look at your new setup at http://www.mrt-direct.com/91a177.html and it looks and sounds good. I want mine to be loud enough for folks to know there's something under the hood, but not so loud as to get me a ticket or unnecessarily piss off the neighbors. One of my major concerns is drone and although the MRT website doesn't talk about that specifically, it's clear from the video that they addressed that and eliminated it. I'll be waiting for your assessment.

For the SS I'm leaning heavily towards the Solo. It's the one company that really advertises they've eliminated drone in the SS and they are $400 cheaper than the others. I just couldn't find any information on the other sites to justify the additional $400 and I can use that money for the CAI. My wife is all for the exhaust system by the way…she just doesn't understand the CAI. I told her she'd hear that too, but that doesn't impress her like exhaust does.

I have a friend that is getting the Solo exhaust soon. I'll make my final decision after I hear his.

http://solo-performance.com/mach-xc-cat-back-camaro ($900)

http://www.phastekperformance.com/Bo...tak-140356.htm ($1300)

http://marylandspeed.com/corsa-catba...64-p-3609.html ($1300)

I hope all you guys on this thread are enjoying trouble-free driving and that you don't try to blow the horn on your car (just kidding). Last week I blew the horn for the first time on mine (I don't know why I never did that before) and the "service airbag" message came on the display and the airbag warning light in the dash came on. I took it to the dealer this past Thursday where I was told the entire airbag module in the steering wheel is kaput. Chevrolet has declared the vehicle as unsafe to drive and would not give it back to me. Worse yet, the parts are back ordered and it could be up to a month to get the parts and have them installed. In the meantime, they rented a Vette for me to drive. Just kidding. That's what I asked for. They put me in an Impala. No comparison to our cars.

Jerry
Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #257
pensphan87

hey Tyson, longtime how is Ashen Grey Beauty Running?

You Southern Guys turn me green with Sun Lust, must be great to drive your
car any day you want.

The Banner was made at a local signshop, my wife set it up and I went in and
finnialized the design.

I have done more mods than I though I would at this point but some where my
wifes ideas so I guess thats the extra stuff.

Great to here from you, post a pic of your blacked out tail light bezzels.

later Eric
Old 03-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #258
NoSyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensphan87 View Post
hey Tyson, longtime how is Ashen Grey Beauty Running?

You Southern Guys turn me green with Sun Lust, must be great to drive your car any day you want.

The Banner was made at a local signshop, my wife set it up and I went in and finnialized the design.

I have done more mods than I though I would at this point but some where my wifes ideas so I guess thats the extra stuff.

Great to here from you, post a pic of your blacked out tail light bezzels.

later Eric
I'll get a pic of the tail light bezels posted this weekend. I should take delivery of my exhaust and CAI sometime today and I plan on installing them in the next few days so once I have that done, I'll post some pics.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #259
NoSyT

Updates...

Hey all my 11/14 Buds! Here are some of my newest updates to the Camaro....

Cold Air Intake from Cold Air Inductions Inc...
Name:  DSC02307.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  392.4 KB

I installed and drove with the CAI on before the exhaust so I could hear the difference with just the CAI.....WOW! Just the CAI gave the engine bay a throatier growl with the stock exhaust!
Name:  DSC02308.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  382.9 KB

Here's the new MRT V 2.0 exhaust tips
Name:  DSC02309.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  367.2 KB

I love this exhaust! Gives her a great sound!
Name:  DSC02310.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  372.6 KB

I Blacked out the tail light bezels....
Name:  DSC02312.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  397.7 KB

Smoked lights from Big Worm Graphix...
Name:  DSC02313.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  373.1 KB

Name:  DSC02314.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  403.9 KB
Old 03-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #260
NoSyT

I also cut off the stock exhaust tips and found a new use for them....
Name:  DSC02315.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  384.8 KB

Name:  DSC02316.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  358.6 KB
Old 03-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #261
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Looking Good Tyson!!!

I like your new use for the stock exhaust tips, maybe you'll have to get a patent on it.

I'd like to hear more about the sound you're hearing with the CAI. Is it the whooshing sound under the hood and/or are you actually hearing a change in tone to your exhaust because of it? Have you noticed any change in performance.

I ordered my CAI 13 March 2012 and as of the 15th I'm told they are about a week behind in shipping. I'm hoping to have mine by the end of the week. How long did it take to get yours?

Hey Eric: Where are you? Let's hear a little about your trip so far.

Jerry
Old 03-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #262
NoSyT

Thanks Jerry. I can hear the intake sucking in air when I first step on it or at an idle with the windows down. When driving, there is a much deeper tone from under the front of the car under a load or accelerating. I purposely drove it with the CAI and the stock exhaust so I could hear what had changed. It isn't a V8, but combined with the new MRT V2 exhaust, my Camaro now has a deeper and much more aggressive sound.

I ordered my CAI and exhaust from Juiced Motorsports on Friday afternoon and had them both delivered the following Wednesday
Old 03-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #263
pensphan87

Good look, I like the light bezzels and the intake looks good too. . .

Thanks for the pics!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #264
pensphan87

As far as the trip goes, I am getting lots of seat time we have 1000 miles on in in three days.

Got off train and the car came off quickly, then we turn north to murry bros caddy shady restaurant for lunch and short walk around golf hall of fame village.

Checked into hotel "parked next to sweet IOM SS coupe. Woke up at 5:00 am for hot air balloon ride, it was awesome.

After the balloon ride we drove south to Jupiter to go snorkeling but wind and wildlife "portigese man of war" made that less than interesting so we headed to our hotel in palm beach for the night. We checked in and went for a drive the went out to dinner at a cool restaurant by the water.

Woke up Monday morning and decided to go to peanut island and snorkel and sun, it was alot of fun ridding the ferry out anderson laughed that we could swim over to the island it is that close. It is a great place and I recommend it to everyone.

Tuesday we planned to go to key west to snorkel but 30 mile hour winds put a stop to that. We chose to drive over the 7 mile bridge to Big Pine Key and take a hike through Bahia Honda State Park and got some cool pics of the camaro. Sorry I can't post them till I get home to my pc.

Wednesday morning brought more wind so we packed up and drove south to Big Pine Key to find some Key Deer very small like miniature white tails saw 3 along the road 0 on nature in woods. Back in the car drive south to the end "Key West" walked around went the butterfly conservatory really cool they r everywhere. Got pic of camaro at southern most point of usa and watched the sunset.

Last edited by pensphan87; 03-22-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #265
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Eric, (pensphan87), your trip sounds like a lot of fun so far. I'm definitely jealous. Looking forward to seeing you Friday night at 5:00. I re-posted the applicable information again this morning on the Fort Myers C5 thread.

Tyson (NoSyT), Thanks for the lead. I compared the price I had paid for my cold air induction to what you paid and even though my order was made a week ago, it hadn't shipped as of yesterday. Price is the same except you didn't have to pay the $18 shipping. Yesterday I cancelled my original order and placed an order with Juiced Motorsports. Hopefully I'll have it five days from now too. So I owe you an adult beverage of your choice (note the PC language--sorry)

Here's an article I came across that might interest some of you:
http://thehorsepowerjunkies.com/gene...en-maf-sensor/

Jerry
Old 03-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #266
pensphan87

Jerry, Sharon and I r still hoping you come up for Oshawa good luck with the wife and you can find oil catch cans on most of the sponged web sites or e-bay super ez to install call me if you need help.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #267
NoSyT

Springtime in Texas!

April 1st, the Sun is out, about 90 degrees, and the Bluebonnets are blooming!

Name:  DSC02360 - Small.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  246.2 KB

Name:  DSC02357 - small.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  228.8 KB

Name:  DSC02353 - Small.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  286.2 KB
Old 04-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #268
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Good pictures Tyler! I'd better not show my wife or she will get homesick. She loves the Bluebonnets and has several pictures of our kids sitting in them...kind of like you posed your car

We had a great visit with Eric and his wife when they came through Fort Myers on their way back to the auto train near Orlando to take them back home to Pennsylvania. Perhaps Eric will post some pictures.

Last week I got my CAI cold air induction. WOW...even my wife likes the roar it makes.

Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be getting cat back exhaust and a catch can (thanks to Eric for pointing out that I needed one. Prior to seeing his, I was fat dumb and happy.)

I hope the other TPW 11/14 guys start posting how they're getting along with their cars

Jerry
Old 04-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #269
pensphan87

Your wish is my command, Jerry. Nice pics Tyler, I love the synergy hood strip.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #270
pensphan87

Jerry, how are the new mods working out got any pics and can you feel more pickup with the new Cold Air Intake?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #271
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Hi Eric, I haven't made any mods since you were here except the Cold Air Induction (CAI, inc). I don't know if I'm actually feeling extra horsepower, but the sound when you put your foot in it is AMAZING. I highly recommend cold air induction. It's supposed to save fuel too, but that hasn't been the case with me because I push down on that right pedal as often as I can just to hear the roar

Name:  IMG_3344.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  153.6 KB

The next thing I'll do will be cat back exhaust and hope to have it on early next month.

Have you heard about the "recall" for the convertible tops? If not, see http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213980. If you can't find the TSB there, let me know and I'll email it to you. I went to my account on OnStar this morning and they are calling it a recall.

Jerry
Old 04-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #272
78Z2812TBD

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS vert
Been busy...

Hi guys - great to see a few of us have been having some fun! I just finished the Solo cat back and hi-flow cat install tonight (I LOVE the new sound), along with the skip shift eliminator. I neglected to take any photos, but I did take some video to post soon (i did a short before and after from about 8 feet behind the car). In doing this, I discovered my Technostalgia LED taillights have a couple issues - one only noticable on start up (the first replacement light does a cool display upon startup - but the others don't), and one bad assembly (3 LEDs quit lighting - the second time this has happened since install). Videos will be up as soon as I figure out how to post them.

When it is light out and the car is clean I will take some photos to post.

I hesitated doing this work because I have a vert, but I decided to go ahead anyway and enjoy it. I do have a few top issues, but they will get fixed some time down the road.

Regards
Jack.
78Z2812TBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #273
78Z2812TBD

Solo sound clip

Poor video (I hope this works), but here's what it sounds like with CAI CAI, Solo cat back, Solo hi flow cats.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #274
pensphan87

Nice work Jack! I have been asking everyone if they notice a power boost with Cai and exhaust upgrades so. . . Have u?
Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #275
78Z2812TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensphan87 View Post
Nice work Jack! I have been asking everyone if they notice a power boost with Cai and exhaust upgrades so. . . Have u?
Hi Eric - I didn't notice so much with just the CAI, but it does "feel" different now with the exhaust added. Certainly sounds much louder and like a muscle car should sound (to me)! At cruising speed (city or highway) it sounds great - not much louder than stock - but you sure notice it when you touch the gas pedal! The idle drone from the stock exhaust is gone too.

Jack