Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Rn2010

Drives: 2011 camaro
service stabilitrak-car wont start- if it does wont switch gears

I have a 2011 camaro, which in the shop for the 3rd time and i haven't even had it a year.. I was wondering if anyone had experienced the intermittent problem of when you try to start the car "service stabilitrak" displays and the car doesn't even attempt to turn over or make any noise, after a few attempts of turning the key off and on, the car finally starts BUT still displays the service stabilitrak message and the engine light comes on, when you start to drive,it doesn't switch gears, i can be going 25-30mph and the rpms are all the way up to 4,000 and the car never shifts and runs VERY loudly, then when I let off the gas it takes FOREVER for the RPMs to come back down. I can shut the car off a few times and try to drive it again and it will still do it, then i can stop and restart and its GONE. When i took it to the dealer it didn't leave any codes, they had it for 3 days and were clueless.

The other problem my car has, which is the second time I'm having this fixed, is getting the " Ac off due to high engine temp" my car had been sitting in the garage for 10 hours and displayed this messgage upon starting the car. thermostat gauge doesn't work and I get no digital temperatue on my dash controls either, but the car never over heats.
Rn2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
This almost sounds like someone popped the hood and began pulling wires. What a mess!

Reason I say this, If you have a misfire - you will get a service stabilitrak message, thus a plug wire may be loose (or several and that's why it won't start at times).

The powertrain control module isn't talking to the engine control module - the shifting issue.

You have a temp sensor that isn't getting a reading so, for safety reasons, the car is going into a safety mode (reference the A/C off due to high temp) Another sign is you get no temp reading on the DIC.

Throwing this out just to see, but, you may have a grounding issue. Too much going on at one time it seems, then it's gone.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
Siper
Hey! I am using WhatsApp.

Drives: 1LT RS 2011
I had the same problem but we fixed it, for my 2011 1LT automatic
-Some times when I try to turn the car, I get (service stabilitrak) and the car will not start
- after some attempts or taking the key off and putting it back in, the car start
- But the engine light is on + Transmission does not SHIFT, stays on 1st gear
- The only way to make it shift, is to drive the car at 40MPH>> put the gear on “N” then back to “D” (note that the manual will not work).

This happen to me at a random time, to get the transmission to work:
turn the car off… leave it for 5-30minutes, and when I start it again, the transmission “might” shift again

The dealer changed the ECM wires but it did not work, finally the changed the ECM and I have never seen (service stabilitrak) message again

Codes that I pulled out:
U0100
U2504
P0700
P0202

Siper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
seth229

Drives: 2012 inferno orange zl1
i have a zl1 with 2000 miles on it its doing the same thing and sometimes it says service parking assist and wont start
seth229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth229 View Post
i have a zl1 with 2000 miles on it its doing the same thing and sometimes it says service parking assist and wont start
seth229,

That's extremely unfortunate to hear about and I apologize for your experiences. Feel free to private message me and we can explore avenues for getting your vehicle in for diagnosis .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Same exact symptoms (Service Stabilitrak and Service reverse sensors, with zero start) in my 2010, just yesterday (25 JUN 13). Dead as a doornail. Dealer identified the ECM as being faulty.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
goodtry

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Just had the same thing happen on my ZL1 1100 miles, had to have it towed, will have an answer in the morning.
goodtry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
diesel0312

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss rs red jewel
2010 camaro

hello hey i got the service stabilitrac tunring on and it happens when the car wont start it will start but winds and when it runs it backfires and the rpms reader doent move
diesel0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi diesel0312,

I am sorry to hear this! Have you had the vehicle diagnosed at your local dealership? I would be happy to assist in scheduling an appointment for you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel0312 View Post
hello hey i got the service stabilitrac tunring on and it happens when the car wont start it will start but winds and when it runs it backfires and the rpms reader doent move
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #10
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I just experienced the same issue. Car died on the side of the road and had to have it towed to the dealership. Still waiting on call from service manager.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Doug Thorley Shorty Headers, JBA Hi Flow Cats, Borla S-Type Catback, o2 Sensor Extensions, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #11
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS BUMBLBE View Post
Same exact symptoms (Service Stabilitrak and Service reverse sensors, with zero start) in my 2010, just yesterday (25 JUN 13). Dead as a doornail. Dealer identified the ECM as being faulty.

Had the same issue. Just got my car back today.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Doug Thorley Shorty Headers, JBA Hi Flow Cats, Borla S-Type Catback, o2 Sensor Extensions, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service stabilitrak, wont change gears, wont start