Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
UnknownWarrior
GM Employee
 
UnknownWarrior's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 815
CTF ZL1 in the wild

a guy on another of my forums posted this up

I work for a Chevy dealership and yesterday I heard a nice rumble coming from outside the window. I turned and saw a new white ZL1 Camaro outside my window! The guy who was using it had stopped in to check for some trans fluid from our service department. I don't know why it was low but I didn't really care. I ran out to check out the car! It looked amazing!
As the sales staff was out drooling in the lot he came out and was bombarded with questions. He was very nice but was in a hurry so we didn't keep him too long. My iPhone didn't have enough memory to get any pics!! He only had 33 miles on the clock so he would not get too aggressive with it but did give some nice revs. As he was leaving he also got into the go pedal a bit and the car took off like a rocket!
Kudos to GM! I can't wait to see another one. One of the salesmen already has an order for one and we are waiting for it to come in.












__________________
2010 Camaro SS/RS - Doug Thorley LT's, SNL V.X Cam/Tune, ADM Cold Air Intake, GMPP Exhaust
UnknownWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
tpower
DBLCHBY III
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,716
Very nice pictures thanks cant wait for mine to arrive
__________________
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06
 
davidcroft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS sedan
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,419
only 33 miles? he's got some catching up to do....havent the CTFs been out for a while and are supposed to have all sorts of miles on em?
__________________
2014 SS Sedan-"houston stock" granny sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
Frankzl1
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownWarrior View Post
a guy on another of my forums posted this up

I work for a Chevy dealership and yesterday I heard a nice rumble coming from outside the window. I turned and saw a new white ZL1 Camaro outside my window! The guy who was using it had stopped in to check for some trans fluid from our service department. I don't know why it was low but I didn't really care. I ran out to check out the car! It looked amazing!
As the sales staff was out drooling in the lot he came out and was bombarded with questions. He was very nice but was in a hurry so we didn't keep him too long. My iPhone didn't have enough memory to get any pics!! He only had 33 miles on the clock so he would not get too aggressive with it but did give some nice revs. As he was leaving he also got into the go pedal a bit and the car took off like a rocket!
Kudos to GM! I can't wait to see another one. One of the salesmen already has an order for one and we are waiting for it to come in.












Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2011 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 21,976
Dznts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
only 33 miles? he's got some catching up to do....havent the CTFs been out for a while and are supposed to have all sorts of miles on em?
Perhaps there are some ZL1 ctf's still coming off the line?
__________________
BMR, CAI, DynoMax, Elite Eng., Hurst, Jannetty, Clear Image Headers & Hi Flow cats, Jet Hot, LSR, TSW, VMax, Vredestein
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
10spokess
Wild and Cammed
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 756
Looks good is the steering wheel trim white or silver? I can't tell
__________________
10spokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
AtotheJ
2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
 
AtotheJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kingwood, Texas
Posts: 161
MAN! looks Bad-A$$
__________________

| TSP Headers | Magnaflow | CAI | LMR Tune | BC Racing | Pfadt Sways |
AtotheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,612
WOW, I reeeeeeeealllllllly want one!
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
010 Camaro SS

 
010 Camaro SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,493
Yeah...Really want one also...But not in the cards...Still very happy with my SS...
010 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
b4z

 
Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '09 V8 SRX RWD
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,286
Probably not a ctf car but one given to and executive or engineer to drive to see if there are any manufacturing bugs. This car will actually be sold to the public in about a year!
Wish they had looked at the VIN.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
longgun
Drummer
 
longgun's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 183
I dunno....not really liking the hood. Wheels look great
longgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
WOW, I reeeeeeeealllllllly want one!
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 010 Camaro SS View Post
Yeah...Really want one also...But not in the cards...Still very happy with my SS...
Still love my SS, no regrets at all.
__________________
BMR, CAI, DynoMax, Elite Eng., Hurst, Jannetty, Clear Image Headers & Hi Flow cats, Jet Hot, LSR, TSW, VMax, Vredestein
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #14
full of days
 
full of days's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro GT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 724
if they make it sub 3400 lbs, I'll purchase one...
__________________

Post Tenebras Lux


full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,087
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Probably not a ctf car but one given to and executive or engineer to drive to see if there are any manufacturing bugs. This car will actually be sold to the public in about a year!
Wish they had looked at the VIN.
Thats pretty much exactly what a captured test fleet car is ... one thats driven by GM employees to find potential defects (among other reasons), then possibly resold to the public later on.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #16
7second
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2002 camaro ss
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: the TRACK!
Posts: 46
very cool pics!
__________________
427 lsx, 91mm turbo, th400, solid rear 9".....
7second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED
 
jsharp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ar
Posts: 2,329
Did u notice where water would go on hood with openings?
__________________
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Nitto 555R@25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Camaro ZL1 info!!! MS3DALE Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 94 06-24-2012 10:44 AM
Need help with order please zfuzz Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 7 11-22-2011 07:40 AM
Were Initial ZL1 Production Expectations Properly Managed? GoldenBear Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 31 10-26-2011 01:52 AM
ZL1 vs Corvette- Why do people insist this doesnt exist? Impacts on pricing/perf? Arachnyd Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 60 09-19-2011 05:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.