Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Picked up Arc Performance Exhaust...will they quiet down eventually?

Hey Guys,

Before my car arrived, I purchased Arc Performance exhaust during their moving sale. The price wasn't too bad ($800) and I had it immediately installed when the car finally came in. Now that I'm actually driving it, I'm in love with everything but the exhaust is quite LOUD. I like to hear the engine roaring, but I've already gotten a couple of comments about how loud it is. I don't want to anger the neighbors and draw attention for the wrong reasons. Will these eventually be "seasoned" and quite down? If so, how long will it take? Is it something to be concerned about? Did anybody go back to stock after installing aftermarkets? I have a 2012 V6 btw.

Thanks for the info.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
Juiced1

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Most mufflers get louder. You can always add a mid muffler to quite it down some if need be.
We carry all the hottest brands for your Gen5 and Gen6 Camaros! Get awesome deals on Corsa, SLP, ARH, SW, Whipple, Kooks, Procharger, CAI, K&N, Rtoto-Fab and much more! Call us for your CAMARO5 discount today!
224-63-JUICE OR INFO@JUICEDMOTORSPORTS.COM
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
BilJ

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
If you like it, then thats all that really matters. I doubt if it will quiet down much and your neighbors might actually enjoy it more than you think, if truth be told. In any event, your payments, your car, your exhaust, so....
BilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'll take it off your hands
Old 11-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #5
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
i haven't had a single complaint from a single neighbor. in fact, i've received nothing but compliments from my neighbors who love how it sounds...not just the men, but the women too. seriously, unless your out in your driveway revving your motor at 0200...you've got nothing to worry about. besides, whats wrong with drawing a little attention you yourself...its a badass car.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
I was told to wait until after the engine is broke in to put bolt ons on. So ark is loud...thanks for the warning they are on my short list.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
ARK Performance

Drives: Corvette C7
We do have 2 different version. N-II, which is louder than DT-S version and it is straight flow 2.75" piping. And we do have a DT-S Version which is resonated dual resonator X flow Pipe with the muffler piping 2.5".
ARK Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
PitchBlack
(with a little chrome)

Drives: The Black Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDevilsG View Post
Hey Guys,

Before my car arrived, I purchased Arc Performance exhaust during their moving sale. The price wasn't too bad ($800) and I had it immediately installed when the car finally came in. Now that I'm actually driving it, I'm in love with everything but the exhaust is quite LOUD. I like to hear the engine roaring, but I've already gotten a couple of comments about how loud it is. I don't want to anger the neighbors and draw attention for the wrong reasons. Will these eventually be "seasoned" and quite down? If so, how long will it take? Is it something to be concerned about? Did anybody go back to stock after installing aftermarkets? I have a 2012 V6 btw.

Thanks for the info.
That is why I have not performed any exhaust mods yet. I love the way my 2012 V6 engine sounds when I get on it. It reminds me of my old V8's with the quadrajet 4 barrel carbs opening up.

[COLOR=seagreen]Mods Installed:
Backup sensors
American Racing Rogue Wheels
AAC LED Interior Light Kit

Ordered:
BlingLights Fog Light Kit
AAC Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit
Complete Lamp Protection Kit
(Smoked Finish)
PitchBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #9
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Wow this thread seems like a good plot for one of those "man up" beer commercials LOL.

Seriously though, OP I think you'll acclimate to the sound. They might tame down some as the pipes get coated with carbon but not much.

I can guarantee you that my exhaust is louder (you can't do long tube headers) and other than an uptight neighbor who has never been friendly my neighbors all seem to dig it. In fact my next door neighbor who is in her 70's alway tells me to "rev that baby up!" then there's the little neighbor girls who always scream like I'm some rock star when I drive by. I always give em a little blip and they go nuts. Jes have fun widdit bro. You have perhaps THE nicest cat back available for your beautiful car.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #10
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Wow this thread seems like a good plot for one of those "man up" beer commercials LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Seriously though, OP I think you'll acclimate to the sound. They might tame down some as the pipes get coated with carbon but not much.

I can guarantee you that my exhaust is louder (you can't do long tube headers) and other than an uptight neighbor who has never been friendly my neighbors all seem to dig it. In fact my next door neighbor who is in her 70's alway tells me to "rev that baby up!" then there's the little neighbor girls who always scream like I'm some rock star when I drive by. I always give em a little blip and they go nuts. Jes have fun widdit bro. You have perhaps THE nicest cat back available for your beautiful car.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #11
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Im guessing you have the N-II i have the dts and i love it im putting long tubes on hopefully tonight thats why i went with it so when i get the headers it has the Res X- pipes

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #12
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Make a video of your new exhaust! Let's hear the LFX with upgraded exhaust.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #13
Lgndryhr
Camaro Die-Hard

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
Im guessing you have the N-II i have the dts and i love it im putting long tubes on hopefully tonight thats why i went with it so when i get the headers it has the Res X- pipes
Be sure to post videos up! I am planning on the ARK exhaust just not sure which one I want. I am leaning towards the DTS because less drone and raspiness I believe since it has a resonator and the N-II doesn't.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Live in or around Memphis? Check us out on here and Facebook
Lgndryhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
torranosaurus
Banned

Drives: 2010 orange 2SS
Try sound proofing the trunk. I did that to mine and it made a huge difference.
torranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote