Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-23-2016, 11:10 AM   #1
ShawnHX

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Procharged/Cammed
Harwood 5" hood

Test fitted and running around to "bake" it for a couple days. Trying to decide on which option to go with:

Full IOM paint
Satin black paint

Any other options or renderings someone can suggest?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Attached Images

2010 2SS/RS, D1 Procharger @ 11lbs with Stage II intake, BTR Stage III CAM, ported intake, 2" Kooks LT's with full Kooks exhaust, ID1000's, LPE Dual fuel pump, KB BAP, VMAX thottle body, MGW Shift assembly, BMR LCA, springs, toe rods, trailing arms, Mickey Thompson DR's, Rohana wheels, Billet fuel rails, ZL1 rockers and Front end, Heritage Grill

753rwhp / 670rwtq

Last edited by ShawnHX; 03-23-2016 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling
ShawnHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Damn, that's a huge cowl! I painted the cowl carbon flash on my z force hood. Maybe the cowl or side spears in black?
Old 03-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I have a Harwood 5", but the cowl doesn't have the "bubble" look to it. Mine is painted flat black and I love it. Just my .02
AAC Amber Halo's///LSR Short Throw Shifter///BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars///BMR Lowering Springs///Airaid CAI///BBK Headers & Mid-Pipes///Borla Exhaust///Martin Smallwood Custom Cam w/ Support Mods///Tick Performance Dyno Tune///Port&Polished LS3 Heads///Elite Engineering Catch Can///Gen5DIY Separate Clutch Reservoir///Harwood 5" Cowl Induction Hood
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:48 PM   #4
Cornflakes'Camaro

Here are a few pictures of my 5" in flat (hot rod) black, so you can see what it looks like painted that color.
Attached Images

AAC Amber Halo's///LSR Short Throw Shifter///BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars///BMR Lowering Springs///Airaid CAI///BBK Headers & Mid-Pipes///Borla Exhaust///Martin Smallwood Custom Cam w/ Support Mods///Tick Performance Dyno Tune///Port&Polished LS3 Heads///Elite Engineering Catch Can///Gen5DIY Separate Clutch Reservoir///Harwood 5" Cowl Induction Hood
Old 03-23-2016, 05:05 PM   #5
ShawnHX

I was told going with a "satin" paint is hard to maintain. This is why I was leaning towards doing the Orange and then maybe wrap (for protection) or some satin spears on the side of the cowl.

The hood looks better in person, looks larger in the pics.
2010 2SS/RS, D1 Procharger @ 11lbs with Stage II intake, BTR Stage III CAM, ported intake, 2" Kooks LT's with full Kooks exhaust, ID1000's, LPE Dual fuel pump, KB BAP, VMAX thottle body, MGW Shift assembly, BMR LCA, springs, toe rods, trailing arms, Mickey Thompson DR's, Rohana wheels, Billet fuel rails, ZL1 rockers and Front end, Heritage Grill

753rwhp / 670rwtq
Old 03-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #6
Cornflakes'Camaro

Which part of maintaining satin paint were you told is hard?
Old 03-23-2016, 05:57 PM   #7
ShawnHX

Was told shows "scars", "scratches", similar to the vinyl.

753rwhp / 670rwtq
Old 03-24-2016, 01:31 PM   #8
Cornflakes'Camaro

The only issue I have had are water stains. They form easier and are more difficult to get out. Although my hood is not clear coated. Detailing products will streak easier if the hood is warm as well, other than that, no issues for me personally.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:20 PM   #9
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflakes'Camaro View Post
Here are a few pictures of my 5" in flat (hot rod) black, so you can see what it looks like painted that color.
yours looks more like the 3"
Old 03-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #10
Cornflakes'Camaro

That's what I said. Summit had it listed as 5".
Old 03-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #11
speedzalot

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnHX View Post
Test fitted and running around to "bake" it for a couple days. Trying to decide on which option to go with:

Full IOM paint
Satin black paint

Any other options or renderings someone can suggest?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Looks good , get used to the blind spot now because you can't see the front passenger side very good with the big scoop now , I'm always afraid I'm going to curb that front wheel making right turns , trying to judge the distance is harder.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #12
ShawnHX

I can understand that, I make sure I am away from the curb as far as possible. It is off for prep and paint now, see it in a couple weeks.

753rwhp / 670rwtq
Old 03-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #13
Cornflakes'Camaro

what did you go with; satin black, gloss black, orange, wrap, etc?
Old 03-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #14
ShawnHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflakes'Camaro View Post
what did you go with; satin black, gloss black, orange, wrap, etc?
Just going with Orange paint, I can still wrap for a different look down the road.

753rwhp / 670rwtq