Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
Jermola23

Drives: 2011 black camaro
ls3 catback help

i'm going to be receiving ls3 muffler from a member. so i can do the swap. just wondering where should it be cut for just the mufflers??
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x574 and weights 149KB.
Jermola23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
muffler is all you need? btw muffler is just that big fat thing at the end.

I think what you can do is mount it just like that to your cats.

I'm not an expert.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermola23 View Post
i'm going to be receiving ls3 muffler from a member. so i can do the swap. just wondering where should it be cut for just the mufflers??
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x574 and weights 149KB.
After the resonators, the piping down near the mufflers is small on the V6, 2.25 after the resonators vs 2.5 on the SS. However, the whole catback assembly will bolt right on to your V6 with no changes needed and would be the best option.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
BloodUSMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
After the resonators, the piping down near the mufflers is small on the V6, 2.25 after the resonators vs 2.5 on the SS. However, the whole catback assembly will bolt right on to your V6 with no changes needed and would be the best option.
Wait you sure the piping is 2.25 after the resonators only? So between the cats and the resonators its 2.50?
Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodUSMC View Post
Wait you sure the piping is 2.25 after the resonators only? So between the cats and the resonators its 2.50?
Yes. Any aftermarket catback for the SS will bolt right up to a V6.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
BloodUSMC

Quote:
Yes. Any aftermarket catback for the SS will bolt right up to a V6.
That doesnt answer my question. Lol
Old 11-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
nak3dsnake

Quote:
That doesnt answer my question. Lol
lol. Yes, I've measured it and there are several threads floating around about it.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
BloodUSMC

Quote:
lol. Yes, I've measured it and there are several threads floating around about it.
So according to you if i have catback exhaust. All i need is about a foot of 2.5 pipes to have the whole exhaust 2.5.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
nak3dsnake

Quote:
So according to you if i have catback exhaust. All i need is about a foot of 2.5 pipes to have the whole exhaust 2.5.
Ha, no its a lot more than just a foot, but yes. If you replaced the piping between the resonators and the mufflers it would be 2.5 up to the mufflers. The mufflers on the v6 are designed to accept 2.25 not 2.5. Plus the V6 mufflers are not straight through where as the SS's are.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Ah, you have MRT 1.0. Yes, you could run 2.5 pipes from the resonators to your MRT mufflers.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #11
BloodUSMC

Quote:
Ah, you have MRT 1.0. Yes, you could run 2.5 pipes from the resonators to your MRT mufflers.
are you confusing the resonators with the catalytic converters?

According to what you saying the pipes from the catalytic converters to the resonators are 2.5 and then from the resonators to the mufflers its 2.25?

lol maybe im just slow.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #12
nak3dsnake

Quote:
are you confusing the resonators with the catalytic converters?

According to what you saying the pipes from the catalytic converters to the resonators are 2.5 and then from the resonators to the mufflers its 2.25?

lol maybe im just slow.
This will clear it up. Between the green is 2.5, and between the red is 2.25 on a v6.