Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
gman1970
gmans 10

Drives: 2010 victory red ls
anybody have v6 automatic shifting issues?

Just curious if anybody has had problems with their car shifting weird.Ever since i found to be leaking trans fluid and dealer said i had a defective plug and replaced it it seems my car is shifting odd.Sometimes it shifts say at 30 -32mph but again it shifts say 38ish mph???thats twice in the 30's doesn't that seem odd or wrong?It also does it sometimes the same in the 40mph range...dealer says its fine???Could this been caused by the loss of my trans fluid as this was only noticed after picking it up after the plug was replaced.Im thinking i should have them look into it again
Old 11-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
You may need more fluid. My car used to shift funny just like that but I never knew something was wrong until I changed the trans fluid recently. When I changed my fuild at 50000 miles, my trans was about 4 qts short and I have no leaks. So I ran 50000 miles on low fluid from the factory! The correct fluid level fixed everything for me. Get that checked out asap
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
gman1970
gmans 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
You may need more fluid. My car used to shift funny just like that but I never knew something was wrong until I changed the trans fluid recently. When I changed my fuild at 50000 miles, my trans was about 4 qts short and I have no leaks. So I ran 50000 miles on low fluid from the factory! The correct fluid level fixed everything for me. Get that checked out asap
don't ya think they woulv'e at dealership after replacing plug verify i had enough and i did take it back a week after picking it up for the plug problem so i'm guessing they would've checked then at least
Old 11-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Garrett, are you hitting your tap shifters?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
gman1970, I would agree with PT_killa. Getting it checked out again should take care of this for you. It may have been that they didn't check the fluid level even with the leak. No one but the techs who worked on your vehicle can be sure what exactly happened when the vehicle was brought in. Hopefully they can rectify this and get you taken care of. Let me know how things go if you do take your vehicle in.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
Ice Demon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
My v6 is a automatic and if u have it in D the car wants to get into six gear as soon as possible. The only way I can see there is a problem. Is if the car is shifting that fast while you are accelerating but if you had just finished accelerating and let off the throttle. Then the the upshifting of two gears is perfectly normal the same is true even if you are in sport but in sport it will stay in a lower gear longer. I personally always use the paddle shifter that way the car shifts when I want it to.
Ice Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
caligrown562

Drives: 2012 1SS
My car has been high revving between shifts like the trannys slipping. Has anyone noticed this happening on their car? What could be the problem?
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
formare
Suspension by Pedders

Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
Mine was doing that when it was cold. It shifts really firm now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrown562 View Post
My car has been high revving between shifts like the trannys slipping. Has anyone noticed this happening on their car? What could be the problem?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
gman1970
gmans 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
gman1970, I would agree with PT_killa. Getting it checked out again should take care of this for you. It may have been that they didn't check the fluid level even with the leak. No one but the techs who worked on your vehicle can be sure what exactly happened when the vehicle was brought in. Hopefully they can rectify this and get you taken care of. Let me know how things go if you do take your vehicle in.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
will do but they already told me once that they felt it was fine but i've put 14k on it before this situation came up... i wonder if i have a trans problem
Old 11-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
gman1970
gmans 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elykson View Post
Garrett, are you hitting your tap shifters?
nope this is happening in the good old fashion "drive" selection and during normal driving allowing car to gradually move up speedometer...no racing it or getting on it just driving normal.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #12
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1970 View Post
Just curious if anybody has had problems with their car shifting weird.Ever since i found to be leaking trans fluid and dealer said i had a defective plug and replaced it it seems my car is shifting odd.Sometimes it shifts say at 30 -32mph but again it shifts say 38ish mph???thats twice in the 30's doesn't that seem odd or wrong?It also does it sometimes the same in the 40mph range...dealer says its fine???Could this been caused by the loss of my trans fluid as this was only noticed after picking it up after the plug was replaced.Im thinking i should have them look into it again
Get more fluid in the trans. I leaked a little and took it to the dealer two times, both times they said it was OK on fluid. The second time I had the mechanic ride with me and after talking with him for about 15 mins he said the fluid level was at the lowest OK level. I had him top it off to the highest OK level and fixed my problem.

My problem has from 0 and hitting the gas it would shift weird out of first. I only really experienced it at WOT. I'd still look at the trans fluid level though.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #13
gman1970
gmans 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Get more fluid in the trans. I leaked a little and took it to the dealer two times, both times they said it was OK on fluid. The second time I had the mechanic ride with me and after talking with him for about 15 mins he said the fluid level was at the lowest OK level. I had him top it off to the highest OK level and fixed my problem.

My problem has from 0 and hitting the gas it would shift weird out of first. I only really experienced it at WOT. I'd still look at the trans fluid level though.
ya i'm gonna take it in tommorrow,its just crap as i'm probably gonna get a ntf for a answer yet my car doesn't respond like it did before...could it be a timing issue or not really
Old 11-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #14
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Are you the only driver of the car? Sometimes the "adaptives" in the TCM can get... confused if there are multiple drivers and cause it to shift differently. You can do a reset by disconnecting the battery and let it "re-learn" your driving style. It might help....