Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #26
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
Good read. See you at F Body in Atlanta this year????
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #27
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by crateish View Post
Hey! That looks almost like mine, except they spelled 'RS' wrong on yours. You should take it back.

I kid... I kid...

Congrats!
Wait, you might be right!

Oh, nevermind, i just found two extra cylinders under the hood.....

Thanks man and nice 45th you have there!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Good read. See you at F Body in Atlanta this year????
Thank you. And details? I'd be happy to be there!
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #28
2010SS2SS

 
2010SS2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cypress, texas
Posts: 1,334
North of Cypress is good hunting, out towards College Station / Brenham. Cypress has grown alot even in the 5 years, i've been here. Still see a few deer in my subdivision but not many. Company I work for has a lease out in Victoria. LOTS of deer and wild boar for target practice there
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #29
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
North of Cypress is good hunting, out towards College Station / Brenham. Cypress has grown alot even in the 5 years, i've been here. Still see a few deer in my subdivision but not many. Company I work for has a lease out in Victoria. LOTS of deer and wild boar for target practice there
Yeah I don't exactly know where we went. It's been a few years now. I remember shooting a few hogs. We mostly went goose hunting night and day. And made a trip down to the coast to duck hunt, which was amazing.
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #30
t!mbo
 
t!mbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 45th 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 314
Real good story, I think you made your parents really happy with your reaction, that is a good gift for them.

Regarding mods.
Window tint otherwise your car does not look the same as mine...
t!mbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #31
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by t!mbo View Post
Real good story, I think you made your parents really happy with your reaction, that is a good gift for them.

Regarding mods.
Window tint otherwise your car does not look the same as mine...
Thanks!

And I've been considering tint. What percentage tint did you go with? I like yours because it blends in with the Carbon Flash paint. I feel like too dark of tint will overwhelm the paint.
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #32
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
Did a little shoot at home yesterday. Unfortunately the sun messed with a bunch of my pictures that I had to delete. Here's a few I kept. Click the bar at the top of each picture to view the full size high resolution copy. It's MUCH better!:




































I LOVE this pic:






Flash kinda ruined these two cause it lit up the tail lights a little :(


__________________

Last edited by hightower; 11-20-2011 at 02:04 PM.
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #33
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)
 
572HP's Avatar
 
Drives: "Black Ice"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suwanee, GA
Posts: 1,703
Very nice, hightower. Congrats, and nice read. Looking forward to meeting you.

Window tint is a good first mod. Being so young, I might be inclined to get legal tint. If you get caught with darker, you'll have to redo it with lighter.
__________________
572HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #34
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: McDonough, Georgia--Auburn, AL
Posts: 5,977
This was a good read Chip.

Awesome story.

I'm glad you got the LS3...isn't rowing gears fun? I took my Dad's mustang to get lunch today since they were out of town...love shifting gears.
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #35
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,680
congrats on the new AE (anniversary edition). Not going to lie, my eyes got a little watery reading your OP.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #36
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING
 
1BADZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Out Somewhere Driving My 'BADZL1'
Posts: 2,290
__________________
2012 Camaro ZL1 Car Name: Bruce
ZL1, LSA, MN6/MG9, DSX, RTQ, VR,
Current Status:
2030
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #37
SlowSS


 
SlowSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Commerce, GA
Posts: 3,836
Nice story! Can't wait to see the car in person!
SlowSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #38
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Very nice, hightower. Congrats, and nice read. Looking forward to meeting you.

Window tint is a good first mod. Being so young, I might be inclined to get legal tint. If you get caught with darker, you'll have to redo it with lighter.
Thanks! Same here, I look forward to meeting you as well!
And I think that's very sound advice. I'd hate to drop money into it just to have it reversed and cost me more. I'll probably just go with the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
This was a good read Chip.

Awesome story.

I'm glad you got the LS3...isn't rowing gears fun? I took my Dad's mustang to get lunch today since they were out of town...love shifting gears.
Thanks JT! I love the LS3 and hurst short throw! There's nothing like shifting, I wouldn't take an automatic over a manual any day, not in a camaro!
And I bet that was a fun ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
congrats on the new AE (anniversary edition). Not going to lie, my eyes got a little watery reading your OP.
Thanks, and I appreciate you reading it. Whenever someone says it affected them somehow I know it hit home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY68RS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
Nice story! Can't wait to see the car in person!
Thanks! I'll try to please! haha
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #39
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: McDonough, Georgia--Auburn, AL
Posts: 5,977
If you think you have anything fun to do during this Thanksgiving break let me know.

I wouldn't mind meeting somewhere and checking out your ride...and going for a ride!
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #40
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
If you think you have anything fun to do during this Thanksgiving break let me know.

I wouldn't mind meeting somewhere and checking out your ride...and going for a ride!

Yeah man I'll let you know. We've gotta cruise sometime! I know I'll be busy 'till either friday or saturday, all depends on if I hunt. I leave sunday morning. If I'm not busy we should meet in conyers or somewhere. I'm in Madison. And if that doesn't work we'll have to meet up over the christmas break for sure. I've got a month off from GSU. There should definitely be a meet around then too.
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #41
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: McDonough, Georgia--Auburn, AL
Posts: 5,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post

Yeah man I'll let you know. We've gotta cruise sometime! I know I'll be busy 'till either friday or saturday, all depends on if I hunt. I leave sunday morning. If I'm not busy we should meet in conyers or somewhere. I'm in Madison. And if that doesn't work we'll have to meet up over the christmas break for sure. I've got a month off from GSU. There should definitely be a meet around then too.
I'm leaving sometime Sunday to go back to Auburn so we will see what happens.

I have two weeks of school left when I get back and then its xmas break for us too.
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #42
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
I'm leaving sometime Sunday to go back to Auburn so we will see what happens.

I have two weeks of school left when I get back and then its xmas break for us too.
Yeah same, 2 weeks of class then exams for me.
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #43
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: McDonough, Georgia--Auburn, AL
Posts: 5,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Yeah same, 2 weeks of class then exams for me.
Oh dang.

I got one week of class then the last week I have 2 exams.
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #44
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Oh dang.

I got one week of class then the last week I have 2 exams.
Lucky dog, haha
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #45
t!mbo
 
t!mbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 45th 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 314
Regarding your question about my tint.

Honestly, I don't know the percentage of my tint. I made the dealer directly install it and I just wanted it to be legal... But I agree with you, too dark could be weird with the cfm color...
t!mbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #46
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: McDonough, Georgia--Auburn, AL
Posts: 5,977
I say go 35.

I have 35 and its still dark... and you are still 3% away from legal so you have room for error if you ever get checked for it.

I have to roll my windows down if Im trying to back accurately at night.
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #47
Hellfighter

 
Hellfighter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sugar Land/Texas
Posts: 1,772
Stick or Auto, and welcome, nice ride.
__________________
Hellfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #48
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by t!mbo View Post
Regarding your question about my tint.

Honestly, I don't know the percentage of my tint. I made the dealer directly install it and I just wanted it to be legal... But I agree with you, too dark could be weird with the cfm color...
Ah well I appreciate the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
I say go 35.

I have 35 and its still dark... and you are still 3% away from legal so you have room for error if you ever get checked for it.

I have to roll my windows down if Im trying to back accurately at night.
Yeah the guy who installs tint at the place I called suggested 35% as well. Said since camaros aren't the easiest cars to see out of he would suggest it over 32%. I can see his reasoning, haha.

I can either go tomorrow morning, or wait 'till the christmas break. Someone sway me!


He charges $180 installed with tax. Been in the business 30 years. Used the same film company for the past 20 years. I feel pretty confident about this guy.
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #49
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
Stick or Auto, and welcome, nice ride.
LS3 my man.

Hurst Short Throw to boot.
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #50
Hellfighter

 
Hellfighter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sugar Land/Texas
Posts: 1,772
Nice i just installed MGW in my M6 V6
__________________
Hellfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012/2013 Inventory - Fly in..Drive out or I can ship to you BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet Dealer Camaros for Sale 291 05-18-2014 10:41 PM
* > * > * > * BLACK FRIDAY SALE STARTS NOW! * < * < * < * CamaroScotty Dealer Camaros for Sale 8 11-26-2010 04:10 PM
THE 9,650 WORD GAME motorhead Off-topic Discussions 34 07-10-2010 11:24 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.