Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Caryle Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
usmc-ashton

Drives: 2010 camaro v6 black, bbk intake
how does the mrt exhaust 1.0 compare to 2.0

How do they differ? I have the Bbk cold air intake I'm looking for a nice deep rumble that can turn heads when I'm driving lol..thanks this is my first post on this lol
usmc-ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
mrt 1 is louder at idle and has a more of a higher pitch sound. very loud but on their website they say the 1 eventually begins to sound like the 2 at higher speeds. 1 also has drone while 2 does not. 2 is not loud at idle but really opens up with a nice toned growl. 1 is also cheaper.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
usmc-ashton

Cool so which one would you prefer???
Old 11-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc-ashton View Post
i would suggest listening to all of the videos on youtube you can and trying to find someone local so you can hear them in person. i have not able to find people near me with both. it is all preference, if you want to be really heard and are willing to have drone, number 1 for sure. if you want to be quite at time then let the beast out, number 2 then. i still cant decide, thats why i need to hear them in person
Old 11-15-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '17 Corvette Z51 Coupe
Quote:
ME, the #2.....I listened to both IN PERSON, at idle, at speed, and at WOT. it was a NO BRAINER for me. I believe the tone of the #2 is deeper, it don't drone, and its load enough but not so much so that its a PITA.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #6
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Alwayss get the latest incarnation.
2 is not really a "later incarnation"... they are 2 very different setups, with separate personalities... so really depends on your preference...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
usmc-ashton

thanks

So ill order the version 2 next week sometime...do they also deliver a pop noise when you rev the engine? I saw some vids on YouTube and they sound pretty bad ass but most videos they have headers and stuff on the car, hard to tell how it sounds without all the mods on the car
Old 11-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #8
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
So ill order the version 2 next week sometime...do they also deliver a pop noise when you rev the engine? I saw some vids on YouTube and they sound pretty bad ass but most videos they have headers and stuff on the car, hard to tell how it sounds without all the mods on the car
Here was my Ver 2.0 video... no other mods..

Check out rtcat600man's videos:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1966
Old 11-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '17 Corvette Z51 Coupe
Quote:
No they don't.....and I too don't have any other mods.

and Ashton, the best place you can get one is here, and its cheaper too, cheaper than going straight to MRT.....and FREE SHIPPING!! ya can't beat that with a stick!!

http://www.************.com/mrt-axle...2011-v2-0.html
Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
I like the MRT 2.0's Stealth mode whne leaving the sub division at 4:30 am and load when I want to put my foot into it.

I installed my own MRT 2.0. Then took it to the people who built it and had them weld it on.

I have had many members on this and other Forums say this is one of the best sounding systems they have heard and by far the best sounding MRT 2.0 system.

Take a listen for yourself. Listen to these thru some headphones or ear buds.

Here is a few videos for you:

This one is from inside my Camaro on the way to the dragstrip.

This one is from inside my Camaro while at the dragstrip. Sorry about the Camera tipping.

This one is one that SCRMNG filmed for me while we were at the dragstrip. the last 30 seconds is me on a single pass.

This last clip is one that danrc28 put together when visiting me to hear a MRT 2.0 system. He went from Toronto to Florida and back stopping along the way picking up sound bytes. The video starts off with outside rev's, then an on ramp full throttle run, then an acceleration run from inside while talking about drone. Tape finishes with me passing the camera on the highway doing 3rd gear runs. Which has not been recorded by anyone else using the MRT (or at least I am not aware of anyone with this type of recording.) (rcat's)

Old 11-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
blackswan

Drives: Yes
Just wondering about getting these in consideration of Pedders advice to not remove the factory muffs due to air flow?
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #12
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Never heard that. Got a link?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
Just wondering about getting these in consideration of Pedders advice to not remove the factory muffs due to air flow?
hmmmm... that's an odd recommendation... while axle-back systems don't provide a huge HP increase they certainly provide some.... certainly don't hurt performance...
Old 11-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #14
blackswan

Drives: Yes
It's referenced here, in what should be required reading for this forum http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90270

5th Gen Suspension -- The Book
Pedders 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Suspension Evaluation

"We do not suggest you remove the OE mufflers because they are part of the under car OE aero engineering. The shape of the mufflers flow air past the rear fascia. The OE mufflers prevent the rear fascia from becoming your drogue chute, they reduce drag at high speeds."

Now, I'm not sure what "high speeds" are considered, but thought I'd ask as I drive almost all highway.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbk cold air intake, camaro rs, mrt exhaust