Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #17460
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 13,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
I wouldn't do it.

On another note I ordered rpi stealth splash guards. Tired or crap going up the side of the car
Yeah saw those or something close awhile back. I talked to Pfadt today and JDP about the springs. Pfadt says they play a small part in handling on the course but sways are most of it(guess driver mod is worse off then I though..lol). JDP said maybe 94% come from the new type sways vs springs. If I put them on I would'nt be able to tell if they helped or I just had a better run.

As to ride they are better then others(they say) as the rear rate is 395 vs most of the others at 440.Thats why they cut the bumpers to allow more travel, the rest dont cut them due to the stiffer rate to keep off the stops, and the ride is more stiff then I assume.
I mentioned That a freind had shock noises up front, they said maybe the upper shock area and GM has known this for three years and been improving it yearly. Might be whats going on with your shocks

Said springs shouldnt be doing it unless you were bottoming out all the time which you shouldnt be
__________________
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #17461
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,091
In a vacuum coilovers make the ride quality better with better performance. Sadly the price on a good set don't exist in a vacuum.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #17462
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yeah saw those or something close awhile back. I talked to Pfadt today and JDP about the springs. Pfadt says they play a small part in handling on the course but sways are most of it(guess driver mod is worse off then I though..lol). JDP said maybe 94% come from the new type sways vs springs. If I put them on I would'nt be able to tell if they helped or I just had a better run.

As to ride they are better then others(they say) as the rear rate is 395 vs most of the others at 440.Thats why they cut the bumpers to allow more travel, the rest dont cut them due to the stiffer rate to keep off the stops, and the ride is more stiff then I assume.
I mentioned That a freind had shock noises up front, they said maybe the upper shock area and GM has known this for three years and been improving it yearly. Might be whats going on with your shocks

Said springs shouldnt be doing it unless you were bottoming out all the time which you shouldnt be
Never made that noise before the lowering springs. Try the bushings next. I would do that before springs and it would be cheaper, or should be cheaper.

I should have drove your car or you should have drove mine to see the difference.
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #17463
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
In a vacuum coilovers make the ride quality better with better performance. Sadly the price on a good set don't exist in a vacuum.
By the time you buy the springs, have the springs installed you are close to coil over prices. Coil overs you can install in a garage, springs I wouldn't touch.
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #17464
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
I hate my car getting dirty as soon as I wash it because of the stupid water in the intersections, but I just can't stand the look of the splash guards....did you order stock ones from GM or ????
Mine is dirty as hell right now but oh well from the rain. I bought them from RPI. I can't stand the GM one's, way to big.

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1815

and use camaro5 for a coupon code
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #17465
MARINE1991


 
MARINE1991's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: HOMELESS
Posts: 10,031
OK Trish is making the thread for sat going away cruise.... make sure you sign up...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #17466
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
OK Trish is making the thread for sat going away cruise.... make sure you sign up...
You said that yesterday fauker. Where is it going to end? Same as last time?
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #17467
MARINE1991


 
MARINE1991's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: HOMELESS
Posts: 10,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
You said that yesterday fauker. Where is it going to end? Same as last time?
:emoticon7:
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #17468
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 13,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Never made that noise before the lowering springs. Try the bushings next. I would do that before springs and it would be cheaper, or should be cheaper.

I should have drove your car or you should have drove mine to see the difference.
We can still do that around town to see whats up or the ride difference to, I think I wont do it though if you got noise after.Can pm others with a 2012 that have and see if issues. The bushings yes. The rad arm bushings next you think? Diff bushings David said he couldnt tell much if any.Cradle bushings, the billet ones I hear make a diffrence.
__________________
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #17469
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 13,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
You said that yesterday fauker. Where is it going to end? Same as last time?
If David leads then victorville I saw Trish say..lol
__________________
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #17470
MARINE1991


 
MARINE1991's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: HOMELESS
Posts: 10,031
Vegas....
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #17471
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 13,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Vegas....
Now that I would follow you to!
__________________
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #17472
MARINE1991


 
MARINE1991's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: HOMELESS
Posts: 10,031
where the hell is tom at...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #17473
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
We can still do that around town to see whats up or the ride difference to, I think I wont do it though if you got noise after.Can pm others with a 2012 that have and see if issues. The bushings yes. The rad arm bushings next you think? Diff bushings David said he couldnt tell much if any.Cradle bushings, the billet ones I hear make a diffrence.
Diff bushings you won't notice unless you are boosted. Jason said awhile back that the Pfadt solid bushings were really give a harsh ride, you get used to them but no thanks. Radius bushing is cheap and easy, I'm going to order the cradle inserts next week and have Mike put them in
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #17474
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
where the hell is tom at...
Text him
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #17475
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 13,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
where the hell is tom at...
Son was there yesterday. Today maybe collecting fire wood if the heater didnt get fixed..lol
__________________
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #17476
MARINE1991


 
MARINE1991's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: HOMELESS
Posts: 10,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Diff bushings you won't notice unless you are boosted. Jason said awhile back that the Pfadt solid bushings were really give a harsh ride, you get used to them but no thanks. Radius bushing is cheap and easy, I'm going to order the cradle inserts next week and have Mike put them in
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Text him

It was more a general question...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All order status requests in here (up to status 3800). List of Order Status Codes. GTAHVIT Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 54426 01-10-2016 05:54 AM
!!!OFFICIAL!!! SoCal Head Turners thread leonardo USA - California 12952 12-07-2015 02:52 PM
Suggestion: Explanation to thread starters for their threads being locked? colin911 Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 2 12-06-2009 11:25 PM
prices thread nimnels 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1 05-02-2009 07:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.