Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs up how to upgrade your PS3's hard drive

for those of you who just do not think the drive that came with your PS3 is big enough you can easily swap it out without voiding the warranty. I found this handy dandy video that shows you everything from backing up the data from the old drive to an external to swapping the drives to restoring the backed up data, enjoy .

NOTE: that video is for the FAT models the SLIM models are a tad different, the access to the drive is on the lower front instead of the side like the FAT models, here is a video that shows you how to remove the SLIM model's drive (all the backing up and restoring of data in the first video is the same on both versions only the location of the drive access bay is different between the models):

I have done the hard drive swaps on both models and it is very straight forward progress, I currently have a 500 gig in my slim and put the 160 gig drive in a 2.5" enclosure to use as a large 'flash drive' so to speak .