Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Disco
 
Disco's Avatar
 
Drives: Not Available yet
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Eastvale, CA
Posts: 199
GM Allocations and Ordeing @&*#*$#!!!

What the heck! Is anyone getting as frustrated with this whole ordering, allocation and ill informed dealer fiasco?

#1 Why does any dealer need a allocation? The customer wants a car, the customer orders the car, GM builds the car and ships it to the dealer.

#2 Dealers are......... ok I'm not going there!....SERENITY NOW!

Some of you may have some of my previous post and know what goin on with my order's, but if not......here we go

Back in July of 2011 I had found a dealer in Garden Grove, CA that stated they will get 1 allocation and with a 1000 down I would be first on the order list @ MSRP. As of 2 weeks ago the dealer was bought out by another GM dealership. Anyhow, my salesman is no longer there and got set up with another ill informed salesman. Now I'm told as a new dealer they MIGHT get an allocation and he stated that production on the ZL1 was not until MARCH. Ouch...what da? ( 2500 above MSRP )
I told them enough is enough and I will be in to get my deposit back.

But to play is safe I was able to order a ZL1 from another dealer @ MSRP who had used 2 of there allocations and said that they where getting 1 or 2 more. So I keep in touch with Beck once a week and check the stats on that order.

I guess the big thing is the whole allocation crap. I just want to buy a ZL1.
__________________
QBDRH0
1100 11/25/11
2030 12/13/11
2050 01/24/12


Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 6,954
The process sucks and it,s the same thing we went through when the 5th Gen was first released.
__________________
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs
 
SSOOCH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Jordan, UT
Posts: 7,422
I laugh at these threads. It is what it is. Order your car. Wait and relax. It will come. You're not alone. We've all been there. The next Camaro or Corvette I order from Chevrolet I'm sure it will be the same thing all over again.
__________________
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
dimitri
 
Drives: 06 M5/04 350Z
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: huntingdon valley PA
Posts: 259
always remember dealers of different brands dont have a choice they have to sell the cars they get....because if they dont they will take your franchise away.
dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,459
I hate this process as well. It is all set up to reward high selling dealers more than get a customer on a sold order a car.

I think all sold orders should be FIFO.
__________________
2013 ZL1
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
avcbm
 
avcbm's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville (area), FL
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
I hate this process as well. It is all set up to reward high selling dealers more than get a customer on a sold order a car.

I think all sold orders should be FIFO.
__________________
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,348
I don't have much time to post this evening - (too many sites to visit)

I've posted many times trying to explain WHY Allocation is mandated. All manufacturers must have an allocation plan in place that's defensible in court - all of them. (ask the Honda guys who went to jail)

it's the law.

Every post from 2 on is incorrect in one way or another.

YOUR DEALER wants the allocation as much as you do.......but let me remind you of something.....we have not yet begun retail production so it's impossible to allocate every sold order........

Someone may want to dig up my remarks from the past - if not I'll get to this eventually -
__________________
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 27,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I don't have much time to post this evening - (too many sites to visit)

I've posted many times trying to explain WHY Allocation is mandated. All manufacturers must have an allocation plan in place that's defensible in court - all of them. (ask the Honda guys who went to jail)

it's the law.

Every post from 2 on is incorrect in one way or another.

YOUR DEALER wants the allocation as much as you do.......but let me remind you of something.....we have not yet begun retail production so it's impossible to allocate every sold order........



Someone may want to dig up my remarks from the past - if not I'll get to this eventually -







Becky
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,859
If I may. I'm not trying to be rude here, but kicking ones can down the C5 street, in a disgruntaled, unfactual manner with baseless commentary serves no logical purpose. This topic as Scott mentioned has been covered before about dealer allocations. It would best serve all those who are members on the board to do some research on any topics that you don't fully understand before you post or follow the leader of such outlandish posts such as this and make comments that are unfactual and potentially hurtfull. It's not right.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #10
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 6,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
If I may. I'm not trying to be rude here, but kicking ones can down the C5 street, in a disgruntaled, unfactual manner with baseless commentary serves no logical purpose. This topic as Scott mentioned has been covered before about dealer allocations. It would best serve all those who are members on the board to do some research on any topics that you don't fully understand before you post or follow the leader of such outlandish posts such as this and make comments that are unfactual and potentially hurtfull. It's not right.

Most of us are well aware that the allocation system was devised by the auto industry, to fulfill the requirements of federal franchise law.

Sometimes we still enjoy venting and expressing our opinions and thoughts on a particular subject.
__________________
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #11
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Most of us are well aware that the allocation system was devised by the auto industry, to fulfill the requirements of federal franchise law.

Sometimes we still enjoy venting and expressing our opinions and thoughts on a particular subject.
"Venting" is not an appropriate method to express ones thoughts or ideas. Think before you< you being a collective, general term> write, ponder what are the definitions of the words you chose, what connotations are assciated with the language you use. What is the tone of the dialogue. Think, interact, grow....too much dialogue is tossed around here carelessly without critical thought given of the literall interpretation of the written language. It's an abomination. I'm playing nice tonight if you didn't notice<I'm sure the Mod's will...>.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #12
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,459
I can think of no legal basis for not having a FIFO system but I am not a lawyer. I have worked at places that manufacture both ways. Both ways stood up in court at those places. you have a order entry structure, that drives a workorder structure. how you preferece those workorders is up to company policy and I know of no reason FIFO can not work.

I will have to research this. If GM does not want FIFO you won't have it though. they can spin any reason they want. These are not the droids you looking for basically.

Last place I worked all aircraft OEM's got preferenced over general avaition orders. That did not make private pilots happy though. our comany policy was not to say "your not as important to us as Boeing". You would make up som BS.
__________________
2013 ZL1
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #13
alex70olds
~~*~~
 
alex70olds's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lake Conroe Texas
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Most of us are well aware that the allocation system was devised by the auto industry, to fulfill the requirements of federal franchise law.

Sometimes we still enjoy venting and expressing our opinions and thoughts on a particular subject.
I really don't know why, when or how the allocation system was devised. I do remember some of the Honda issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.theautochannel.com/news/date/19971231/news008868.html
Hendrick was named with 22 other defendants who have been convicted in the investigation of American Honda.

The scandal started in the 80s as Hondas were in high demand. Dealers could sell the cars for thousands of dollars above the sticker cost. Executives at Honda took advantage of the high demand by soliciting bribes from dealers. Dealers were granted new dealerships and increased shipments of cars. In all, Honda executives accepted of $15 million in bribes and kickbacks, according to the prosecutors.

Hendrick's name appeared on the prosecutor's list three years ago. Hendrick admitted giving hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash, BMWs and even houses to Honda executives. Hendrick claims he received nothing in return.

Hendrick was indicted in December 1996, by a federal grand jury in Asheville for bribing Honda executives.
I do know I come here for information and to learn how these things work. It is with this information, and knowlege I placed my order. I know issues before my dealer called to inform me. I worked within the system, I am at 2000, and can't wait to take delivery. A great deal of the knowlege I have gained here are through Scott's posts, as well as other knowlegable sources here. It is like having inside information. Just my .02 IMHO
__________________
alex70olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
avcbm
 
avcbm's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville (area), FL
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
If I may. I'm not trying to be rude here, but kicking ones can down the C5 street, in a disgruntaled, unfactual manner with baseless commentary serves no logical purpose. This topic as Scott mentioned has been covered before about dealer allocations. It would best serve all those who are members on the board to do some research on any topics that you don't fully understand before you post or follow the leader of such outlandish posts such as this and make comments that are unfactual and potentially hurtfull. It's not right.
Because it is the law... doesn’t make it right... meaning... the letter of the law and the sprit of the law... the letter is to keep the dishonest; honest.... the honest are already within the spirit...... I’m just an honest hard working American, and I want to spend my hard working money on good American products. But when an American company tells me, I can’t order a car because I don’t have an allocation to sell it to you, you have to go to the next town to order one, then when I go to the next town to order one they tell me we can sell it to you but you have to pay $5000 extra than the MSRP…. Well that seems pretty simple to me that I have two options….

1. Pay the extra $5000 or
2. Find another brand that will satisfy me for what I’m seeking

If it’s the law and it’s your product your trying to move and it’s not moving the way you think it should fix it… don’t point fingers, give excuses… fix it, stand up, and be accountable for your actions… give the dealers there allocations, and give the consumer an option to order from anyone they want…. See this is 2011, internet resources are going to change and shape business practices, either adapt or fail….. we the consumer no longer left in the dark, or dumb to the tactics that are being done… if I ran a honest company, and you sold my product, and I found out you were unethical or using unfair business practices I would not want you to sell my product, I want you to get customers for life, not a onetime sell, because when you treat and sell that Dad a car, he will come back for another for his wife, another for his son, another for his daughter…. Which in the end is better business for everyone….

Now before the flame from those that disagree… I love my Camaro, I went to my local small town dealer, and he was honest and told me he had no allocation, but he has been doing business for 55 years and he was sure he could contact some of his dealer associates and get me a ZL1, so I put a deposit down he gave me an order number and now I wait…. Why? Because he looked me in the eye, and gave me a firm handshake that was genuine. He wanted no markup, just he believed in the Chevrolet product, and he was passionate about selling me one…. That’s what it’s about……

I drive a 2010 Camaro, my two sons drive Impalas, and my youngest is about to get his first vehicle… guess where I’m leaning….. If you don’t know then figure it out… If GM doesn’t get it… then another bail out might be in order in the near future…. Fix it… dealerships are great, but consumers pay the bill in the end…. Fix it….. if you know it’s wrong… Fix it… don’t make excuses… When any of your dealerships tell me they don’t want my business because the don’t have an allocation…. What do you want me to do…. Really? Set the Standard, don't be like every other manufacture...... Fix It

OK… that’s my vent….
__________________
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:26 AM   #15
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
Because it is the law... doesn’t make it right... meaning... the letter of the law and the sprit of the law... the letter is to keep the dishonest; honest.... the honest are already within the spirit...... I’m just an honest hard working American, and I want to spend my hard working money on good American products. But when an American company tells me, I can’t order a car because I don’t have an allocation to sell it to you, you have to go to the next town to order one, then when I go to the next town to order one they tell me we can sell it to you but you have to pay $5000 extra than the MSRP…. Well that seems pretty simple to me that I have two options….

1. Pay the extra $5000 or
2. Find another brand that will satisfy me for what I’m seeking

If it’s the law and it’s your product your trying to move and it’s not moving the way you think it should fix it… don’t point fingers, give excuses… fix it, stand up, and be accountable for your actions… give the dealers there allocations, and give the consumer an option to order from anyone they want…. See this is 2011, internet resources are going to change and shape business practices, either adapt or fail….. we the consumer no longer left in the dark, or dumb to the tactics that are being done… if I ran a honest company, and you sold my product, and I found out you were unethical or using unfair business practices I would not want you to sell my product, I want you to get customers for life, not a onetime sell, because when you treat and sell that Dad a car, he will come back for another for his wife, another for his son, another for his daughter…. Which in the end is better business for everyone….

Now before the flame from those that disagree… I love my Camaro, I went to my local small town dealer, and he was honest and told me he had no allocation, but he has been doing business for 55 years and he was sure he could contact some of his dealer associates and get me a ZL1, so I put a deposit down he gave me an order number and now I wait…. Why? Because he looked me in the eye, and gave me a firm handshake that was genuine. He wanted no markup, just he believed in the Chevrolet product, and he was passionate about selling me one…. That’s what it’s about……

I drive a 2010 Camaro, my two sons drive Impalas, and my youngest is about to get his first vehicle… guess where I’m leaning….. If you don’t know then figure it out… If GM doesn’t get it… then another bail out might be in order in the near future…. Fix it… dealerships are great, but consumers pay the bill in the end…. Fix it….. if you know it’s wrong… Fix it… don’t make excuses… When any of your dealerships tell me they don’t want my business because the don’t have an allocation…. What do you want me to do…. Really? Set the Standard, don't be like every other manufacture...... Fix It

OK… that’s my vent….
with all due respect - the allocation system is something that GM and other manufacturers have been fighting for years. There are 50 states in this country.

Each state has its own franchise laws.

To say "fix it" is simplistic at best.

As I continue to say - we are not in the business to upset our customers. That said, I don't think any of us want to go to jail because someone's demanding a car or truck "right now!" As I pointed out earlier in this thread -- we haven't even started to build the ZL1 - and yet the O.P. is wondering why we haven't 'allocated' his car. We want to build it for him....because we don't make one penny until we do!

Upset with allocation? You'd be surprised at how much harder it is to get some cars built from other manufacturers......

What IS true: no problem in this world is ever as 'simple' as it may seem.

I understand that you are upset - but you will face the same issue when you are trying to purchase a car or truck that has strong demand. LIKEWISE - if the car or truck is NOT in demand, you as the consumer benefit - by way of 'rebates' --

It's called "The Law of Supply and Demand" --
__________________
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #16
Kluch
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LSD
Posts: 159
Nothing wrong with venting on an internet forum to outlet some frustration. There I much worse ways to do it that could get you arrested. I'll confess that I know nothing of the laws governing the automotive industry. I have always wished that I could order a car on GM's online website and have it bulit and delivered to my door with no dealer involvement at all. I'd pay MSRP everytime to avoid the hassel. I know there's alot of reasons this would never work, but a man can dream right?
Kluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:30 AM   #17
Ltespd
 
Ltespd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2006 SC Saleen
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
I have always wished that I could order a car on GM's online website and have it bulit and delivered to my door with no dealer involvement at all. I'd pay MSRP everytime to avoid the hassel. I know there's alot of reasons this would never work, but a man can dream right?
That would be too simple. Makes too much sense.
__________________
2SS/RS, LS3, sunroof, mods.
Ltespd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:11 AM   #18
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC
 
2012ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 1,701
I never knew before this post that allocations were not imposed by the manufacturers.
Learn something new every day.
__________________
2012 ZL1
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #19
Disco
 
Disco's Avatar
 
Drives: Not Available yet
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Eastvale, CA
Posts: 199
So just to get a warm fuzzy ZL1 feelin again, Even if the dealer does NOT have an allocation at this time they can still place an order? (Thinkin this is correct as I have my order # )
And if ABC dealer does NOT use there allocation, can it be picked up from another dealer?
__________________
QBDRH0
1100 11/25/11
2030 12/13/11
2050 01/24/12


Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:32 AM   #20
jmaryt

 
Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: salem,nh
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
What the heck! Is anyone getting as frustrated with this whole ordering, allocation and ill informed dealer fiasco?

#1 Why does any dealer need a allocation? The customer wants a car, the customer orders the car, GM builds the car and ships it to the dealer.

#2 Dealers are......... ok I'm not going there!....SERENITY NOW!

Some of you may have some of my previous post and know what goin on with my order's, but if not......here we go

Back in July of 2011 I had found a dealer in Garden Grove, CA that stated they will get 1 allocation and with a 1000 down I would be first on the order list @ MSRP. As of 2 weeks ago the dealer was bought out by another GM dealership. Anyhow, my salesman is no longer there and got set up with another ill informed salesman. Now I'm told as a new dealer they MIGHT get an allocation and he stated that production on the ZL1 was not until MARCH. Ouch...what da? ( 2500 above MSRP )
I told them enough is enough and I will be in to get my deposit back.

But to play is safe I was able to order a ZL1 from another dealer @ MSRP who had used 2 of there allocations and said that they where getting 1 or 2 more. So I keep in touch with Beck once a week and check the stats on that order.

I guess the big thing is the whole allocation crap. I just want to buy a ZL1.
G.M has once again "screwed" it with the camaro!.they conceived and brought to fruition a great car,however,they have f**ked it by "over building" once again!.it "only' took 'em two years this time to make 'em as common as malibus,and impalas on dealer's lots.granted,the car is very popular,but too plentiful now,and they are languishing on dealer's lots.got $2,000.00 incentives on 'em,because they are "stacked" up like cordwood,and subsequently f*cking up the used market!.also they are common in rental fleets now,which further 'erodes" the used car market!,to be perfectly frank,i love the car,but if i want,or need to sell it,i better sell it now,and NOT wait,because at the present build capacity it won't be worth s**t,and damn soon!..you may say it's JUST a 'seasonal" thing,but examine what is happening more closely,and you will know that's just not true.the resale value of your car will plummet,and never recover.these days residual value counts for something,because they are not exactly giving these
"beasts" away!..just sayin'

Last edited by jmaryt; 12-17-2011 at 03:54 AM.
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #21
Wondering
 
Wondering's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06,GS Vert,Ford GT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
#1 Why does any dealer need a allocation? The customer wants a car, the customer orders the car, GM builds the car and ships it to the dealer.
Because if there were no allocations,a mega dealer like Hendricks would just say "I'll take the first 5000 you can build". Then you'd be at their mercy if you wanted one.
Wondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #22
Frankzl1
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Nothing wrong with venting on an internet forum to outlet some frustration. There I much worse ways to do it that could get you arrested. I'll confess that I know nothing of the laws governing the automotive industry. I have always wished that I could order a car on GM's online website and have it bulit and delivered to my door with no dealer involvement at all. I'd pay MSRP everytime to avoid the hassel. I know there's alot of reasons this would never work, but a man can dream right?
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #23
Frankzl1
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
G.M has once again "screwed" it with the camaro!.they conceived and brought to fruition a great car,however,they have f**ked it by "over building" once again!.it "only' took 'em two years this time to make 'em as common as malibus,and impalas on dealer's lots.granted,the car is very popular,but too plentiful now,and they are languishing on dealer's lots.got $2,000.00 incentives on 'em,because they are "stacked" up like cordwood,and subsequently f*cking up the used market!.also they are common in rental fleets now,which further 'erodes" the used car market!,to be perfectly frank,i love the car,but if i want,or need to sell it,i better sell it now,and NOT wait,because at the present build capacity it won't be worth s**t,and damn soon!..you may say it's JUST a 'seasonal" thing,but examine what is happening more closely,and you will know that's just not true.the resale value of your car will plummet,and never recover.these days residual value counts for something,because they are not exactly giving these
"beasts" away!..just sayin'

I don't agree with you on this one - see below:

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....ct=best_resale
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:57 AM   #24
newy
 
Drives: 05 mc ss
Join Date: May 2009
Location: b-ham , ny
Posts: 119
This allocation thing does in fact affect other manufactures . I learned on my 2010 (11 month wait) That is what it is . But because of this allocation thing I drove to our local "as small" Ford dealer who told me Ford is the same as GM with allocations . They also told me if they get "qualified" they can get 1 new 600 HP Mustang . To get qualified all they have to do is give ford $1500 . So those in a hurry go see your Ford guys and you can be at warp speed in next years second quarter . Me I,m waiting for the much more sophisticated car !
newy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #25
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
G.M has once again "screwed" it with the camaro!.they conceived and brought to fruition a great car,however,they have f**ked it by "over building" once again!.it "only' took 'em two years this time to make 'em as common as malibus,and impalas on dealer's lots.granted,the car is very popular,but too plentiful now,and they are languishing on dealer's lots.got $2,000.00 incentives on 'em,because they are "stacked" up like cordwood,and subsequently f*cking up the used market!.also they are common in rental fleets now,which further 'erodes" the used car market!,to be perfectly frank,i love the car,but if i want,or need to sell it,i better sell it now,and NOT wait,because at the present build capacity it won't be worth s**t,and damn soon!..you may say it's JUST a 'seasonal" thing,but examine what is happening more closely,and you will know that's just not true.the resale value of your car will plummet,and never recover.these days residual value counts for something,because they are not exactly giving these
"beasts" away!..just sayin'
PS... ITS A CAMARO!!! You fool. If GM could sell a billion of these things, they will and rightfully so.

This is such a bullshit statement. GM is in the business to make money... they do that by selling cars. You want a "limited" or "rare" car... Go buy a Lamborghini. These posts about "Camaro is now as popular and common as the Mustang" make me sick. GOOD! They should be, that means GM did a GREAT job.


As SSOOCH said, the cars will come. You may not be first but so what, relax... you arent that important. You wnat/need to be first... Open up that wallet... money talks.

Sorry if I am comming off a tad harsh but it never ceases to amaze me how people react to things. Let them finsih testing and get production going before you start to bitch for God sakes. You all ordered with the "unknown" inplace so now you have to sleep with your decision. If the car isnt ready till March... IT WONT BE PRODUCED... and you know what... YOU WILL SURVIVE!

SCOTT....

I am sorry you have to come and always defends GM's case to the uneducated or selfish. I understand and accept the allocation process. I wish others would read, learn and have some patients with things.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.