Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #18
cam2fst4u


 
cam2fst4u's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: stanley va
Posts: 6,268
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
The customs inspectors have to drive everyone one of them about a 100 miles to make sure they are legit camaros.
__________________
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
The customs inspectors have to drive everyone one of them about a 100 miles to make sure they are legit camaros.

My car won't have 100 miles on it.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #20
myblackcamaros
 
myblackcamaros's Avatar
 
Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: EUSTIS, FL
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

My car won't have 100 miles on it.
I'm with you on that one
myblackcamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #21
justmeron

 
justmeron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 1,262
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Also ther was some discussion about a hold up on quality controll. Wonder if this comes into play with the no new vins and orders stuck at their codes?
__________________
2010 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Faded Black Side Vent Highlight Decal Kit

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #22
Zeroburn
 
Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS #1002
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockville, md
Posts: 214
Send a message via AIM to Zeroburn
Not that anything said is concrete but I wanted to clear the air. When I spoke to GM they said as well as my financing is order my car will be in MY HANDS NO LATER THEN 4/23.

They are not waiting til 5/6 from what i've been told/read and I don't see why they would. The only thing that can come from these camaro sales is goodness so there is no point waiting.
Zeroburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #23
lupo271
 
lupo271's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 sim/rs camaro
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: orlando
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
I think May 6th too, we shall see.
may 6 unveiling
june 6 we can toucht it
july 6 we sit in it
august 6 turn it on
and maybe by 2011 we can drive.
:l aughabove::sm 0::sm 0::sm 0::sm 0:
lupo271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #24
patm
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: new jersey
Posts: 59
My dealer was told to order a cover that he already received and a car is coming.Doesn't know what it is but GM said its going to be delivered before May 6.Small dealer with no showroom so cars are outside in his lot.
Told me my car his 1 allocation will be built in June , and that ONE IS MINE.I'M THE ONLY PRE ORDER
patm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #25
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by patm View Post
My dealer was told to order a cover that he already received and a car is coming.Doesn't know what it is but GM said its going to be delivered before May 6.Small dealer with no showroom so cars are outside in his lot.
Told me my car his 1 allocation will be built in June , and that ONE IS MINE.I'M THE ONLY PRE ORDER
It's cool that you can find that even in your area. Probably your buying experiance is gonna be awesome cause yor more special for that dealer.

Probably will get better maint too. Make sure you schmooze the service mgr.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #26
augrad94
 
augrad94's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Black/Black
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fort Mill SC
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
I don't know how anybody else feels, but I don't think ANY production Camaro's will be seen at any dealership until May 6 (if thats the date of the unveiling). It's been weeks since we saw pics of cars on the transporters, but no one has posted pics of their car at the dealer or home in their driveway. (except for the IOM). Dealer near me is supposed to get one, but not there yet. Anybody know anything different? I hope so.
I think this is going to be the day. I know they said they will not hold cars until but I think they will start arriving on the 6th!
__________________
Black/Black 1SS 6sp manual , RS package, Boston sound system
1100 10/14/2008
2000 03/26/2009
3000 03/26/2009
3300 5/09/2009
3400 5/13/2009
3800 5/22/209 VIN 111607
4000 5/22/209
4104 5/22/209
4B00 5/22/209
4200 Not sure of date but it has shipped!
6000 6/12/2009


CAM, Headers, exhaust build thread here.
augrad94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #27
myblackcamaros
 
myblackcamaros's Avatar
 
Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: EUSTIS, FL
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroburn View Post
Not that anything said is concrete but I wanted to clear the air. When I spoke to GM they said as well as my financing is order my car will be in MY HANDS NO LATER THEN 4/23.

They are not waiting til 5/6 from what i've been told/read and I don't see why they would. The only thing that can come from these camaro sales is goodness so there is no point waiting.
If that's true, best news I've heard today
myblackcamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #28
Kooter81
Rhinelander Autocenter
 
Drives: 4X4 Tahoe
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wisconsin Northwoods
Posts: 90
"Hide them?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
I think so too. Even if they have already arrived at the dealer, they are going to "hide" them. Kind of really stinks for those who ordered early.
I think this is just plain wrong. We have been told by our District Rep to watch for our first two cars to be delivered around the 15th of this month. I don't know if that is true, but it's what we were told. There has been absolutely no communication to the dealers from GM on the Camaro shipping except that we should try to keep the V6 dealer stock car here to have it here for the reveal day on the 6th if possible. The idea of "hiding" them is just rediculous...sorry Paul...we want to show them off to everyone!!! It's an awesome car and we as dealers want to sell the heck out of them. Ours will be on the showroom floor within hours of it getting here!!
__________________
Dave Dart
Certified Internet Manager
GM Truck Specialist
Rhinelander GM Autocenter
Rhinelander WI 54501
daved@rhinelandergm.com
www.rhinelandergm.com
Kooter81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #29
myblackcamaros
 
myblackcamaros's Avatar
 
Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: EUSTIS, FL
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter81 View Post
I think this is just plain wrong. We have been told by our District Rep to watch for our first two cars to be delivered around the 15th of this month. I don't know if that is true, but it's what we were told. There has been absolutely no communication to the dealers from GM on the Camaro shipping except that we should try to keep the V6 dealer stock car here to have it here for the reveal day on the 6th if possible. The idea of "hiding" them is just rediculous...sorry Paul...we want to show them off to everyone!!! It's an awesome car and we as dealers want to sell the heck out of them. Ours will be on the showroom floor within hours of it getting here!!
More good news
myblackcamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #30
Kooter81
Rhinelander Autocenter
 
Drives: 4X4 Tahoe
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wisconsin Northwoods
Posts: 90
One thing to understand is that it takes weeks to build up enough vehicles in the shipping yards before GM is going to say , "OK start shipping to dealers". Shipping logistics are set up based on where the cars are being delivered to on a full truck load basis. If there are 300 cars in a shipping yard and the destinations for them are over a five state area, does it make sense to put 8 cars on a truck and have the driver on the road for four days and driving 2000 miles to deliver them? They'll wait until they can set up deliveries based on close proximities of dealers for shipping. Once it starts going you will see a lot of cars showing up at dealers in a short period of time.

I believe they are trying to get the initial sold orders and the dealer V6 cars to the dealers as soon as possible.

And by the way...sales are not that bad!! GM was up 25% from Feb to March in sales and traffic has been very busy. Thanks to all of you who are buying GM products!!
__________________
Dave Dart
Certified Internet Manager
GM Truck Specialist
Rhinelander GM Autocenter
Rhinelander WI 54501
daved@rhinelandergm.com
www.rhinelandergm.com
Kooter81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #31
DZbob
 
Drives: 2010 RJT Camaro M6
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ILLINOIS
Posts: 89
Send a message via ICQ to DZbob
I talked to my dealer yesterday, He told me that they will take delivery on their first Camaros on May 5th for dispaly on May 6th. My Dad used to tell me the finer things in life are always worth waiting for.
DZbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #32
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon
 
greenrail's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
*Bzzzt*

Dealers are reporting that some have popped up in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area. I talked to a local dealer in Toledo (Dave White Chevrolet) and they said that they've seen 3-5 truckloads of the cars sitting in customs on the Detroit side. However if they're coming through Buffalo I'd say the same would be occurring.

Why?

Bottle-necking.

Even by Rail, you'll get bottle-necking on the border. Plus there could be a snafu or two with customs themselves causing them to be hung up at the border. That was what me and the dealer I talked to surmised with what info we both had. At his best guess, they'd have their show vehicle by 4/30 along with maybe some of their allocated vehicles.

So yeah.

TLDR; Customs may be holding the vehicles back for some reason and it could be out of GM/Allied hands..
If they are being shipped rail, there is no bottle necking at the border. They will have already precleared customs.

Trust me I know this one!
__________________
Member Illinois Camaro Club
His Name is Rosie - "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick!" - If you know who said that, then you know the genesis of his name.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #33
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,614
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter81 View Post
One thing to understand is that it takes weeks to build up enough vehicles in the shipping yards before GM is going to say , "OK start shipping to dealers". Shipping logistics are set up based on where the cars are being delivered to on a full truck load basis. If there are 300 cars in a shipping yard and the destinations for them are over a five state area, does it make sense to put 8 cars on a truck and have the driver on the road for four days and driving 2000 miles to deliver them? They'll wait until they can set up deliveries based on close proximities of dealers for shipping. Once it starts going you will see a lot of cars showing up at dealers in a short period of time.

I believe they are trying to get the initial sold orders and the dealer V6 cars to the dealers as soon as possible.

And by the way...sales are not that bad!! GM was up 25% from Feb to March in sales and traffic has been very busy. Thanks to all of you who are buying GM products!!

This makes the most sense to me and is the kind of answer I was hoping to see. Thanks to everyone who had an opinion.
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #34
Zeroburn
 
Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS #1002
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockville, md
Posts: 214
Send a message via AIM to Zeroburn
Here is a little food for thought as well. And please let me know your feelings on this. Everyone is REALLY worried they are holding these cars. We all know they probably aren't, and shouldn't.

I was told by GM my car would be here by the 23rd of this month, my dealer has informed me its on its way (although my event code is still 3800)

There is 1 thing that wouldn't make any sense if they were to hold these cars.

GM has introduced special discounts and pricing for 4/1-4/31 right?????
Because of this I feel GM would be BLINDSIDED by news stories and bad fans if they are ONLY offering a discount while you CANNOT even purchase a car. It would look absolutly horrible for GM if they did this.

Just my $.02 but again someone tell me if they feel different.
Zeroburn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSRP or below, Dealers KILLER74Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1318 09-10-2015 07:06 AM
Price Gouging Dealers KILLER74Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1520 08-24-2015 03:50 PM
Wondering where all the Camaros are going? Here's a map to track produced Camaros! UCF w00t Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 143 07-02-2009 04:26 PM
Camaros at Dealers? Mattsack789 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 6 03-29-2009 08:08 PM
When will dealers get the V6 Camaro? Fireball 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 2 03-29-2009 04:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.