Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #2703
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
So a few other things installed while on Parole -

  1. Yank 3800 Stall (EDIT - 3200 Stall)
  2. Aeromotive Fuel Pump
  3. OEM Strut Tower Brace
  4. AAC Oracle GoBo Projectors (SS)
__________________

Last edited by RED DEMON SS; 12-27-2012 at 09:23 PM.
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #2704
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,877
Merry belated Christmas to you, Tim! Dang! Your Mods are like the "Never Ending Story". Excellent work! Makes me envious in a good way. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing with us. Here's to a Happy and Prosperous 2013 for you and your Family.
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #2705
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
Merry belated Christmas to you, Tim! Dang! Your Mods are like the "Never Ending Story". Excellent work! Makes me envious in a good way. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing with us. Here's to a Happy and Prosperous 2013 for you and your Family.
Thank you so much RJ, i appreciate every bit of it, and a Belated Christmas & a prosperous New Year to you & Yours!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #2706
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
Name:  IMG_0691_tonemapped.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  685.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0695_tonemapped.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  659.5 KB
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #2707
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
So a few other things installed while on Parole -

  1. Yank 3800 Stall
  2. Aeromotive Fuel Pump
  3. OEM Strut Tower Brace
  4. AAC Oracle GoBo Projectors (SS)
Ok. I gotta ask. Who in the universe told you to install a 3800 stall? That makes no sense at all.

And the aeromotive pump. What did you need this for?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #2708
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Ok. I gotta ask. Who in the universe told you to install a 3800 stall? That makes no sense at all.

And the aeromotive pump. What did you need this for?
Really? Because i am going to be dragging this thing soon when winter breaks. I will still show the car but i am going to run it down the track this spring! So i am looking for better launches at the track!! Fuel issues? Car was dying at WOT and around the twisties on the Island, We tried several different tunes and adjusting the fuel map and it would run great for a little bit, tried fuel injectors with no luck, fuel pump and bap fixed it, no problems since!
And the stall is 3200 so my apologies on the stall, drives a 100 times better and can light up these 22's with no problems what soever!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #2709
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Really? Because i am going to be dragging this thing soon when winter breaks. I will still show the car but i am going to run it down the track this spring! So i am looking for better launches at the track!! Fuel issues? Car was dying at WOT and around the twisties on the Island, We tried several different tunes and adjusting the fuel map and it would run great for a little bit, tried fuel injectors with no luck, fuel pump and bap fixed it, no problems since!
And the stall is 3200 so my apologies on the stall, drives a 100 times better!
Oh, ok. 3200 is much better than a 3800( total waste for a pd) but still to high for the TVS blower. 2800 would've be ideal. Awesome on the steer and just right for 600-700 rwhp on the track. The 3200 will hit so hard on the track you'll blow the tires off the car. Try it and see. They can always change the stall speed if need be. Also, make sure you get a good trans cooler with that stall.

The LPE fuel system is the best for anything under 800 rwhp. The aeromotive is full of issues, check C5 out, and is overkill. What's the HP of your car now, current injectors and pump?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #2710
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Oh, ok. 3200 is much better than a 3800( total waste for a pd) but still to high for the TVS blower. 2800 would've be ideal. Awesome on the steer and just right for 600-700 rwhp on the track. The 3200 will hit so hard on the track you'll blow the tires off the car. Try it and see. They can always change the stall speed if need be. Also, make sure you get a good trans cooler with that stall.

The LPE fuel system is the best for anything under 800 rwhp. The aeromotive is full of issues, check C5 out, and is overkill. What's the HP of your car now, current injectors and pump?
Already on the trans cooler and i will not be running 22's, lmao
63lb injectors now.
Also i am going to sell the fuel pump and get the ZL1 pump according to Tom Wong i made a mistake by buying the Aeromotive, so i only found this out when i walked into his shop.
LPE at $999 bucks is a little steep, i got the Aeromotive for 450 bucks brand new still in the box from a friend. I never knew all the issues when i was trying to find info on the pump, i couldn't read anything on it because i was banned on here and Google had Camaro5 on every damn review of the product i would trust.
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #2711
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,442
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
You couldn't give me an aeromotive pump anymore...

Loving my Weldon external pump...

I have the Lingenfelter dual pumps in the tank feeding the aux tank where the Weldon supplies the rails...

And the pump for mixing the C-16 with the Nitrous, so a total of 4 pumps... and it all works very well... A hob switch controls the fuel pump speed on the Weldon... 1 lb of boost and it goes into high speed mode...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #2712
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,562
Tim, supercharged SS definitely covered it all, and has great advice. It's tough that you couldn't research any of those mods that you bought due to the temporary ban. The automotive is definitely full of issues. The ZL1 pump with ADM's mod is the cheapest bang for the buck around you power set-up. If you do end up spending the dough, like supercharged SS said, the LPE or the ADM twin pump system (essentially the same but a little more complete right out of the box) are well worth it and reliable.

It looks like you'll be tearing up the track soon! Have fun and you'll be doing it in style man.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #2713
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
You couldn't give me an aeromotive pump anymore...

Loving my Weldon external pump...

I have the Lingenfelter dual pumps in the tank feeding the aux tank where the Weldon supplies the rails...

And the pump for mixing the C-16 with the Nitrous, so a total of 4 pumps... and it all works very well... A hob switch controls the fuel pump speed on the Weldon... 1 lb of boost and it goes into high speed mode...
Now that's bananas right there. I love it!! I'm drooling, LOL.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #2714
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
I was told specifically by my tuner that even if you have enough injector if you're running too high of a duty cycle you can still lean out an individual cylinder?
I tried to wrap my head around this when he recently tuned it, it is running pretty fat right now, but running good is all i care about right now.
A lot more residue on my tail pipe lately but it will go back to him in January for some more goodies hopefully if i don't break the bank!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #2715
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Already on the trans cooler and i will not be running 22's, lmao
63lb injectors now.
Also i am going to sell the fuel pump and get the ZL1 pump according to Tom Wong i made a mistake by buying the Aeromotive, so i only found this out when i walked into his shop.
LPE at $999 bucks is a little steep, i got the Aeromotive for 450 bucks brand new still in the box from a friend. I never knew all the issues when i was trying to find info on the pump, i couldn't read anything on it because i was banned on here and Google had Camaro5 on every damn review of the product i would trust.
Very good. Sounds like your on top of things. Gd luck and be careful.....drag racing gets addictive!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #2716
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,442
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
I was told specifically by my tuner that even if you have enough injector if you're running too high of a duty cycle you can still lean out an individual cylinder?
I tried to wrap my head around this when he recently tuned it, it is running pretty fat right now, but running good is all i care about right now.
A lot more residue on my tail pipe lately but it will go back to him in January for some more goodies hopefully if i don't break the bank!
Residue on the tail pipes isn't a bad thing... Use the lemon brillo pads for shows to clean it out...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, supercharged 2010 camaro, victory red, whip

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
SEMA Show 2011 - New Camaro Products Showcase! Sean@Phastek Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 85 01-16-2012 10:51 PM
Over 230 Satisfied 2010 Camaro Customers! Paddock Chevrolet has 40 in stock NOW camarojoe Dealer Camaros for Sale 2 05-24-2010 05:58 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.