Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
IPF Tuning

When will they be offering the tune i saw it on a website a little while ago but havent heard much about it. Will this be able to be a custom tune?

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
It's available now. It's just like trifecta and hypertech. Order a tune, pay 700, put down a 500 deposit for their equipment, download your ecm onto their device, then download the tune from their website, then load it onto your car through the obd2 port just like what we have available now. The only difference is the gain, which according to their claim it's the best I've seen yet on pump gas. 22hp/19tq with up to 27hp gain possible.

Is this money back guaranteed? lol.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
HopeRidesAlone

My thing though is will they do custom tuning and that seems like alot for the tune to have to still have to pay for a deposit and send the equipment back and not be able to flash it back to stock and all like say trifecta can do

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
TexasCamaro5
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Yeah $1,200.00 total for a tune is ridiculuous unless you get unlimited lifetime tuning no matter how many times you change your configuration.
TexasCamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
HopeRidesAlone

it would only be 700 but a 500 deposit that you would get back

Old 11-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
bmorecam
Account Suspended

I am not sure how their after support is but you might want to get in touch with them and ask if they cater to your exact need. They been really good getting back at me when I had questions for them. For $700 bills I hope is not you buy it, set it, and forget it lol. I would also go dyno too just to make sure you are really getting the claimed gain. for 700 you better get every last drop of it. At least for 600 with trifecta you get to have your own tactrix box to load and unload tunes whenever you need.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
HopeRidesAlone

well isnt the special now you get the cable for free so trifecta is 400 right nowbut i would do a before and after dyno. I sent IPF a email last week they never got back to me ill have to shoot them another one later tonight after school

Old 11-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
bmorecam
Account Suspended

let me know what they said. I am curious my self.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I am not sure how their after support is but you might want to get in touch with them and ask if they cater to your exact need. They been really good getting back at me when I had questions for them. For $700 bills I hope is not you buy it, set it, and forget it lol. I would also go dyno too just to make sure you are really getting the claimed gain. for 700 you better get every last drop of it. At least for 600 with trifecta you get to have your own tactrix box to load and unload tunes whenever you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
well isnt the special now you get the cable for free so trifecta is 400 right nowbut i would do a before and after dyno. I sent IPF a email last week they never got back to me ill have to shoot them another one later tonight after school
The November Special will get you the Trifecta tune for only $400 plus $15 for shiiping the cable to you!!!

I've had the tune since MArch and just recently installed the Ghost Cam tune and love it!!!!

CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
Not much info on that IPF tune. They have a graph which is supposed to be a dyno but there is no information with it, so its just a graph. Sounds shady to me. Then $500 deposit on top of the $700, and return the equipment. Doesn't sound like there is much support for that tune like trifecta.
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
HopeRidesAlone

Just sent them an email hopefully will get a response next week

Old 11-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #12
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
I'm looking forward to hearing what they say, if their claims are true this would be the best tune you could buy.

Some things I'd like to know:

What parameters can you optimize (shift points, transmission firmness, etc.)?

How can you make sure the tune is giving you everything it can for your particular setup (Vararam vs Injen vs etc.)?

I'd like to see them do a video like Hypertech did that shows the features of the tune, for 700 dollars you really want to know what you're getting into instead of just believing claims.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
only $700 LOL i am holding my stomach.. and as far as ghost cam, for $400-600 bucks for an exhaust pipe to LOPE like a cammed car is a bit much for me..but i will look at see what happens..keep up the info line...we all need knowledge for us v6ers..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #14
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
I'm looking forward to hearing what they say, if their claims are true this would be the best tune you could buy.

Some things I'd like to know:

What parameters can you optimize (shift points, transmission firmness, etc.)?

How can you make sure the tune is giving you everything it can for your particular setup (Vararam vs Injen vs etc.)?

I'd like to see them do a video like Hypertech did that shows the features of the tune, for 700 dollars you really want to know what you're getting into instead of just believing claims.
Contacted IPF via email and no response - no phone number listed on their site to contact them.

According to DREV LSX the tune doesn't program transmission shift points or shift firmness, which for us auto guys might make a huge difference as compared to Trifecta.

Anyone able to dig anything else up? IPF is going to lose a lot of potential sales with the Trifecta sale going on unless they can show why people should go with their tune (other than a pretty dyno graph that makes big claims).
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote