Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 11-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
smokay

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT V6 Manual
Lightbulb New software tunning.

I don't know for sure if someone already wrote a thread about this, but since I couldn't find any, I'll just write one.

So basically, I read a GREAT news about this new Supercharger that IPF made for V6 Camaros.

And according to their numbers, that supercharger seems to be another biggest FI provided for v6 camaros. wow.

I was looking around their product webpage, and I saw that they got this 2010 Camaro v6 Software tunnings as well, which seems like they use when installing Superchargers as well.

Does anyone already purchased this software or know anything about this tunning software????

Cuz it shows that it increases 19rwhp and 22 torque.

http://www.kpe-products.com/cart/ind...&sortorder=ASC

smokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
I saw the supercharger (hellsyeah), but did not see the N/A tune. Looks good. Do they have a price?

Oh, just used the link. That would make it a bit higher than anyone else...
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
700 for the tune.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Yeah I'm anxiously waiting to hear more about the tune for normally aspirated cars from IPF - those numbers are impressive. I'd also like to know if it includes any kind of transmission tune for shift firmness, etc., and what parameters can be optimized to take advantage of bolt ons you already have on your car.

BB I think you should drop the 700 for us and let us know how it works!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Yeah I'm anxiously waiting to hear more about the tune for normally aspirated cars from IPF - those numbers are impressive. I'd also like to know if it includes any kind of transmission tune for shift firmness, etc., and what parameters can be optimized to take advantage of bolt ons you already have on your car.

BB I think you should drop the 700 for us and let us know how it works!
Hahaha I have Trifecta, and I want to see what this tune includes and such before I even think about it... Seems kinda fishy to me.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Get a real tune that would be the last thing I would skimp on
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
I talked to them briefly on the phone. I am not familiar with tuning software so I didn’t know all the questions to ask. What I did find out is that there is no transmission adjustments. They will adjust the tune if you have a air intake and headers. I did not get the impression that they will be as accommodating as Trifecta, but I could be wrong. They said that they are on this web site but it doesn’t seem they are chiming in on the questions everyone is having. I would hold off until they put out more info. Their silence is making it look like a shady deal. Give them a call and see what you can find out.
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
If I remember correctly, one of the HUGE selling points with Trifecta is the transmission tuning . . . I've heard so many people rave about how it changes the driving experience. If Hypertech includes it in their 300 dollar module, you'd think they'd be able to do it for 700 - I'm becoming more skeptical of the IPF tuning option and would really like to hear them chime in.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
mhog

They are going to have a hard time competing with this. Check it out!!!

http://badnewsracing.net/webstore/pr...f29baca89d0d98
Old 11-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhog View Post

Old 11-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
OK- no more excuses folks! Step right up and get'em while their HOT!

This is Black Friday come early
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
I talked to them briefly on the phone. I am not familiar with tuning software so I didn’t know all the questions to ask. What I did find out is that there is no transmission adjustments. They will adjust the tune if you have a air intake and headers. I did not get the impression that they will be as accommodating as Trifecta, but I could be wrong. They said that they are on this web site but it doesn’t seem they are chiming in on the questions everyone is having. I would hold off until they put out more info. Their silence is making it look like a shady deal. Give them a call and see what you can find out.
Yeah that makes me wonder how they got those gains then. And no tranny tune is very interesting.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Im waiting for them to email me back im hoping to see what theyll offer but if not best belive i wont miss the trifecta deal

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #14
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2011 2SSRS RJT
Quote:

OK, how is this one $100 cheaper than the Trifecta website sells it for? I want it but now I'm a little leary. Anyone have thoughts on the Badnews Racing link?
Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
OK, how is this one $100 cheaper than the Trifecta website sells it for? I want it but now I'm a little leary. Anyone have thoughts on the Badnews Racing link?
i believe people can buy the trifecta software for $2500 and resell them for whatever they want.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #16
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2011 2SSRS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
i believe people can buy the trifecta software for $2500 and resell them for whatever they want.
Funny they had a sell on it as well, til the end of the month like Vince for a cheaper price. Makes me wonder why Vince wouldn't match it? I can do the $300 before the months end but I'm wondering about updates and the future with any of them.
Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #17
HopeRidesAlone

yea im pretty sure i will be going straight to vince with his support you cant go wrong

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
$300 is a good deal for the tune for sure...but from what I read it sounds like you must still buy the cable or rent one. Its nice that it still includes free lifetime tune tweaking though...cept you either have to own the cable or rent one yourself (unless your lucky enough to know someone who has one!)

Vince is doing $400 with cable included right now during November with the lifetime tune tweaking....that is just as good of a deal.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #19
HopeRidesAlone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
$300 is a good deal for the tune for sure...but from what I read it sounds like you must still buy the cable or rent one. Its nice that it still includes free lifetime tune tweaking though...cept you either have to own the cable or rent one yourself (unless your lucky enough to know someone who has one!)

Vince is doing $400 with cable included right now during November with the lifetime tune tweaking....that is just as good of a deal.
At the top of the ad it says it includes a free trifecta cable. But 400 from vince sounds like a really good deal since it is his software he should know it pretty well.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #20
mhog

That one has a free cable.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #21
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Damn.. I wish I would have waited lol.. nhaaa..i'm good. I know vince has given me every drop of my money worth although he does have a difficulty getting back to peoples with a tune update lately.

He is offering $200 dollar cable for free(yhea they cost $200 on tactrix site)and another $100 off the regular tuning price at only $300. That is a steal!

I do wonder about the IPF tuning tho because 19hp and 22tq sound mighty tasty. If you have a long tube header and intake you will only see about 4-6hp extra and around 12lb of off peak torque with trifecta tuning. This is due to the way the tuning is setup and with what the headers already does. So I wonder about IPF. It make me wonder if their tune result the same outcome after header and intake. hmmm..
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #22
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
is the offer legit?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:17 AM   #23
mhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
is the offer legit?
It looks like it. There is a thread on it.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183670
Old 11-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #24
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010 2LT RY, 2014 Silverado
Automatics, intake, exhaust : Hypertech

Auto/Manuals, heavy mods, headers, intake, exhaust, etc : Trifecta

Hypertech | Airaid | JBA Exhaust | RX Catch Can/CNC TB/Black Ice-Olator | Ported Intake/Heads | 1LE Brembos | F14's | RS Headlights | ZL1 Grille
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #25
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
It looks like it. There is a thread on it.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183670
0ooooooo Might be the ffirst winter mod
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forced induction, supercharger, v6 camaro