Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Phastek Performance Bait-and-switch

I got a rant to get off my chest. I try to order a SLP front lip they sell on Phastek Performance website for $295 at the time I looked at it and what I buy it only for. It was also said it was free shipping. So the total was $295 delivered. Then Phastek call me and said they made mistake online and told me that shipping was not free and I had to pay $140 for shipping…. I was like what?? I was looking at the item on there for days and it was always the same price and it said free shipping…… They said it was new and they made a mistake, but I think of it as Bait and Switch…..
Old 11-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
Just say no. sounds like false advertising
Old 11-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Unknown SSRS

Drives: 2011 VR SS/RS
then they should honor that price with free shipping and change it on their website...
Old 11-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
either make them honor it because it was posted on the site or cancel it.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Do the right thing !

Yes, they should do the right thing and honor there Advertisement.Then make the changes to there site.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Yep I had an issue with them as well a few months ago, tried to resolve it over the phone and via email and got nothing till I posted a neg reponse... they did take care of me in the end...
Old 11-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
tonytahoe

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
I have a Question about Phastek too.Do they have the products they sell at their warehouse,or are they only operating as a clearinghouse? I had to call them a second time after an order I had placed,because I did not get an e-mail with the tracking number,they say on their website items ship in 24/72 hours.hmmm.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #8
MARINE1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytahoe View Post
I have a Question about Phastek too.Do they have the products they sell at their warehouse,or are they only operating as a clearinghouse? I had to call them a second time after an order I had placed,because I did not get an e-mail with the tracking number,they say on their website items ship in 24/72 hours.hmmm.
they mostly drop ship...
Old 11-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
If this was apex or auto agenda they would of answered you already on this thread. It's a busy week for them coming up so maybe they got a little overwhelmed.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Mistakes happen... Phastek is top notch and they did contact you about it. I would just order somewhere else. Do you have a link to what you were ordering... maybe someone can help you find one.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #11
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Mistakes do happen but most good business would honor there mistakes. Not cover them up.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
Old 11-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
Mistakes do happen but most good business would honor there mistakes. Not cover them up.
Yup.. and you've only heard one side of the story too...
Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #13
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
So what would be the other side of the story. Kind of sound point blank to me
Old 11-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #14
MARINE1991

Quote:
well sears has mess up as well and just cancelled orders... they have fine print that allows them to do this....
Old 11-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #15
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
So what would be the other side of the story. Kind of sound point blank to me
Just sayin... there's always the another side in these deals... seen too many of these rants end up flip flopped in the end... Especially w/ the top vendors like Phastek.

Not taking sides here but the OP hasn't posted a link, and hasn't even been back to answer questions.... No sense bashing anyone at this point.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #16
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
well sears has mess up as well and just cancelled orders... they have fine print that allows them to do this....
only if you let them case in point bought some tools a year a ago from sears and they left the sale price up even though they went off sale. Guess what I paid the sale price. Not my fought they left it there.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
Old 11-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #17
linkwpc
The punching cat

Quote:
Yeah I know Mistakes do happen but most business give it to you because they know customers are #1 and try their best to make them happy. Phastek did not do this in this case.... I'm not a happy customer...

But whatever, there are over companies out there....
Old 11-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #18
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
I was just getting ready to order some stuff from them. Glad I read this. Like you said other companies out there.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #19
Sean@Phastek
PhastekPerformance.com

Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
Someone made a mistake when they added that new product, we were unaware that the shipping costs were so high. The manufacturer contacted us about the mistake, and we offered to split the extra cost of the shipping with the customer. In hindsight, we should have just shipped the item, taken a loss, and moved on.

I can understand your frustration. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Sean@Phastek; 11-28-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #20
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Well sorry to hear that you had a negative expeirence on ordering the product. Mistakes do happen, and sometimes you just don't talk to the right person on the other end. If you were given a refund, take it for what it is. No money lost on either end.
I hope you get the part you want at a cost that doesn't break our bank.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #21
linkwpc
The punching cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Phastek View Post
Someone made a mistake when they added that new product, we were unaware that the shipping costs were so high. The manufacturer contacted us about the mistake, and we offered to split the extra cost of the shipping with the customer. In hindsight, we should have just shipped the item, taken a loss, and moved on.

I can understand your frustration. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
I will want that item that I saw online. I have been watching that item on your site for 2 weeks before I got it and the price did not change. Then blackfriday came along and and I ordered! But it was too good to be true.... Also no one offered me to split the cost of shipping...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #22
navyblueburnout
navyblueburnout

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytahoe View Post
same thing happened to me. I had to call them and wait almost a week to get the tracking number on my clutch and flywheel combo.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #23
Sean@Phastek
PhastekPerformance.com

Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
I will want that item that I saw online. I have been watching that item on your site for 2 weeks before I got it and the price did not change. Then blackfriday came along and and I ordered! But it was too good to be true.... Also no one offered me to split the cost of shipping...
We added the product to our website on the 16th - you ordered on Monday the 21st (6 days later), not Black Friday the 25th. Anyhow, you were the first person to order that new product, since then we fixed the price for the correct shipping, and haven't changed it since. We weren't trying to 'bait and switch' you, or anybody else.

And I'm not sure why you weren't offered a discount on the shipping by our rep - those were my specific instructions. I apologize for that. I will take care of that issue on our end right away, trust me.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #24
STYLE66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Just for the record I have ordered many many times from phastek and have to say they are one of the best to deal with I have never had a problem with them. Jason and Sean are the best in the business when it comes to getting you the right part and price on what you are looking for. I will always use them for all my camaro needs and people should as well and not let one person change there mind. Trust me they are that good if you people like I can list everything I bought from them and show you invoices on how they bet out other vendors. So don't let one person change your mind from calling them for all your needs. And just for the record NO I DON'T WORK THERE. JUST A CUSTOMER LIKE YOU GUYS.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #25
glc55

Drives: 2010 2SS CAMARO
The bottom line is this, it was phastek mistake, not the customer, the customer is always right with a mistake like this, phastek should have handle it quickly with the customer so it would not have ended up on our Camaro5 web page. Customer Service should aways be a number one priority. I have also used phastek, and have like their service. It sounds like it has been corrected w/ the customer Good job team Phastek
Thxs GLC55

Closed Thread