Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

USA - NY / NJ / PA NY, NJ, PA

Old 04-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
NJ Scenic Driving Tour

For anyone that went to the NY Auto Show and went to the lower level, the Vulcan Motor Club was there showing off a couple of their cars. They also had a large map of a driving tour they do with all their exotic cars in western NJ.

I thought that would be something fun to do in the Camaro, so I took a couple of pictures. From the pictures, I was able to recreate the route in Google Maps. I have the exact route at home, but this was what I was able to remember from memory.

Google Map

This wouldn't be very useful to me while I'm driving as I'm not familiar with the area and didn't want to be constantly stopping to check the map, so I found a way to take the waypoints and export them into a TomTom Itinerary file. I uploaded the file onto the Tomtom's memory and bingo, the whole route is now in my GPS. If anyone else wants the file, let me know, or if you would just be interested in taking the drive. I was thinking of doing it sometime in late June.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Please help me fight back by supporting me in the 2010 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Every little bit helps. Click here for more information. Thank you to those that have donated!

Last edited by Croathlete; 04-13-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Croathlete
Danny

Bump for some of the newer members and for those getting their cars soon.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Please help me fight back by supporting me in the 2010 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Every little bit helps. Click here for more information. Thank you to those that have donated!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
dasubman1138

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Ill have to do it when I get my camaro. That path is very close my house.

To bad a lot of Route 31 is one lane, and parts are under construction right now.
dasubman1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
sixstrings

Drives: Mazda, Cavalier
This looks like a good road trip. I will be ordering my car soon so hopefully I can jump in on one of these.
sixstrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Croathlete
Danny

Now that more people have their cars, I wanted to give this thread a bump to see of there's any interest. Let me know and we'll pick a date.

If we want to crash their party with a group of Gen 5's, here's their tour schedule. I'm eying either Sat the 12th or Sun the 13th.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
Croathlete
Danny

Date is set for Saturday the 13th at 8:30AM, meeting at the first checkpoint. Let me know if you're coming and we could either drive over together or meet there.

I have myself, an '84 Caprice (13 sec car), and a stock STI lined up so far along with the Lambo's, Ferrari's, and Aston Martin's of the Vulcan Motor Group.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
DON_RAFA
NY5THGEN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/SIM/IO
muahahahahaha let me know whats up and ill bring em out bring em out!!
DON_RAFA is offline   Reply With Quote