Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Teddy RS
2010 RS
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fremont,CA
Posts: 30
Long tube headers vs bbk Long tubes

Well I'm debating between obx long tubes or the bbks now I know that bbk comes with h/flow cats and obx doesn't but was thinking about running bbks without cats anyway. It doesn't really matter to me cats or no cats just looking for most horses.So my question Is which of these headers gives more horsepower? Been really confused on which to buy so I really appreciate anyones insite thanks
Teddy RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
bcperry
Engineer in Training
 
bcperry's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy RS View Post
Well I'm debating between obx long tubes or the bbks now I know that bbk comes with h/flow cats and obx doesn't but was thinking about running bbks without cats anyway. It doesn't really matter to me cats or no cats just looking for most horses.So my question Is which of these headers gives more horsepower? Been really confused on which to buy so I really appreciate anyones insite thanks
most say that there's no real difference. Its just personal preference. I like my BBK's, others like their OBX's.
__________________
K&N Aircharger CAI, BBK LT's, VMAX black ICE, Trifecta tuned
bcperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #3
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 14; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcperry View Post
most say that there's no real difference. Its just personal preference. I like my BBK's, others like their OBX's.
True.

The gains are same with all LTs.
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #4
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcperry View Post
most say that there's no real difference. Its just personal preference. I like my BBK's, others like their OBX's.

There is a difference in price though. OP, good luck with your decision.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #5
OOLIE

 
OOLIE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 1,644
If you were thinking cat delete then OBX are your best choice as you aren't paying for something like HF Cats your not going to use. IF you want the HFC then might as well go BBK as it will probably work out to the same price if you add HFC to the OBX.
__________________
OOLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
bcperry
Engineer in Training
 
bcperry's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
There is a difference in price though. OP, good luck with your decision.
indeed...
__________________
K&N Aircharger CAI, BBK LT's, VMAX black ICE, Trifecta tuned
bcperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:40 AM   #7
hunterv6
Always bet on Black
 
hunterv6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Concord Nc
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
If you were thinking cat delete then OBX are your best choice as you aren't paying for something like HF Cats your not going to use. IF you want the HFC then might as well go BBK as it will probably work out to the same price if you add HFC to the OBX.
+1 this I the reason I chose obx
__________________
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
cam fan

 
cam fan's Avatar
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,258
is it possible to keep stock cats and w the obx lt's?
__________________
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
OOLIE

 
OOLIE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 1,644
would be tough to fit I think as the LT headers drop down past the 1st pair of cats you may be able to cut them off IDK.
__________________
OOLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #10
hapisok
crazier than a coconut
 
hapisok's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,547
are you planning on changing out your exhaust too? BBK's were easy and bolt right up to your stock exhaust. being in CA, would you be able to pass inspection without having CAT's?
__________________
hapisok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
DVAS
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 100
I just found BBK "Full Length" Headers part number #4031... There is also and extra piece in the picture, looks like a replacement for your cat. Can anyone verify if these work okay, what the extension (piece) is for, and installation, emmisions, tuned required, and warranty effected or not? Thanks in advace for all the questions, but looking to pull the trigger on some of my first mods. and it sounds like you all have experience with this. Thanks in advance.
DVAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 9,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVAS View Post
I just found BBK "Full Length" Headers part number #4031... There is also and extra piece in the picture, looks like a replacement for your cat. Can anyone verify if these work okay, what the extension (piece) is for, and installation, emmisions, tuned required, and warranty effected or not? Thanks in advace for all the questions, but looking to pull the trigger on some of my first mods. and it sounds like you all have experience with this. Thanks in advance.

You are in the V6 section. You will get more help from those in the v8 section.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #13
Lgndryhr
Camaro Die-Hard
 
Lgndryhr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IOM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 7,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
If you were thinking cat delete then OBX are your best choice as you aren't paying for something like HF Cats your not going to use. IF you want the HFC then might as well go BBK as it will probably work out to the same price if you add HFC to the OBX.
__________________
Phoenix (click for build thread)
13.282 @ 107.70 (100% Stock)
12.481 @ 110.92 (Current mods as of 5/6/16)

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Lgndryhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,685
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy RS View Post
Well I'm debating between obx long tubes or the bbks now I know that bbk comes with h/flow cats and obx doesn't but was thinking about running bbks without cats anyway. It doesn't really matter to me cats or no cats just looking for most horses.So my question Is which of these headers gives more horsepower? Been really confused on which to buy so I really appreciate anyones insite thanks
Money is the biggest difference. Buy what you can afford, I am very happy with my ARH setup.
__________________
Formerly owner of:

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blu808 July Super sale!!! LG Super Pro Long Tube Headers Free Shipping, Install KiT Blu808 V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 3 07-28-2011 07:27 PM
sound of v6 with the bbk long tubes nyycamarogirl Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 1 09-09-2010 05:56 PM
Smokin Deal on JBA 2010 Camaro SS Long Tube Headers Jeff@HHP V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 0 01-18-2010 08:54 PM
Dynatech Long Tube Headers WIth Zoomers Exhaust - $2384.99! tbyrne V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 1 12-08-2009 12:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.