Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

USA - NY / NJ / PA NY, NJ, PA

Old 01-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #1
JustGeorge
ZL1 CRT 1 of 53

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Crystal Red
Angry 2014 SS in Accident in Philly

I hope this is no one on here. He doesn’t seem to have a driver’s license.
http://6abc.com/news/police-car-crashes-enroute-to-hospital;-2-officers-hurt/484145/

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 06:38AM
NORTH PHILADELPHIA --
Two Philadelphia police officers are hospitalized after a 3-vehicle crash that happened as they were taking a shooting victim to the hospital.

It happened before 3:00 a.m. Wednesday in North Philadelphia.

The officers had just responded to a shooting in the 2400 block of North Hollywood Street.

They were taking the 24-year-old victim, a man who had been shot three times, to the hospital when the crash occurred.

Police say the officers' vehicle's lights and siren were on.

They were driving east on Lehigh Avenue when their patrol car collided with a Lexus at the intersection of 25th Street.

The Lexus ended up on a sidewalk.

The police vehicle was then hit by a Chevrolet Camaro coming from the other direction.

The officer behind the wheel of the patrol car suffered a head injury and possible concussion.

The other officer suffered minor injuries.

The shooting victim in the police car appeared not to have suffered additional injuries in the crash.

All were taken to Temple University Hospital. All are listed in stable condition.

The other two drivers were also taken to the hospital. They were complaining of pain, but are expected to be okay.

Police say neither had driver's licenses at the time of the crash.

Both were taken into custody and will be cited for driving without licenses.

Additional charges may be filed pending the outcome of the crash investigation.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #2
Explit Player

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
WOW! Additional charges may be pending!? Because the drivers HIT by the speeding police officers at night didn't have their licenses?. So I'm guessing the since the police car had their lights on, it's all the drivers fault. Most drivers at night 3am in the morning aren't listening for sirens or driving with their windows down (Winter time currently) so you can't even straight up blame the driver of the Camaro for anything but the License. Like the cop and Lexus caused an incident, yet the Camaro Driver is getting a ticket for not having his license at the time? BOO-HOO I'm pretty sure he wasn't driving suspended, and he was still registered with the DMV and all that. Yet because his car is totaled because a couple cops thought they were an Ambulance, and a Lexus driver wasn't paying attention. The Camaro driver outta have all charges that are possibly 'Pending' dropped, and should come out with a Showroom brand NEW Camaro. This pisses me off beyond belief. I know it's not JUST the police's fault, but still the Camaro driver is just a innocent victim of this! But still getting charged!