Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Europe

Europe Continental Europe

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
Auto-Doctor
 
Auto-Doctor's Avatar
 
Drives: Gokart
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 9
Thumbs up Chevrolet announced Camaro for switzerland!!

Some of my fellow swiss citizen might have seen it already in todays "20 Minuten". Chevrolet announced officially that the Camaro is going to be avaible shortly. No more need to void warranty due to imported cars. I really hope they bring the ZL1 as well. Let's see!
Auto-Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
napalm0666
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro EU version (V8)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 64
It's all over Europe, they started selling it even in Bosnia... I made downpayment for mine almost 2 months ago. It doesn't look it has a lot of fans here though... Nobody visited this (EU) forum for months!
napalm0666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:15 AM   #3
Auto-Doctor
 
Auto-Doctor's Avatar
 
Drives: Gokart
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 9
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I guess they messed up a bit when they first said it would be available from the start of the 5th gen. Oh well, maybe now some life comes back to this forum. I have been strolling around for a year or so and finally decided to register.

Nice, what did you order? A 2SS? I am hoping for the ZL1, so I'll be waiting for another while...
Auto-Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
napalm0666
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro EU version (V8)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 64
2SS is only available version you can order in Europe, although it doesn't carry a name SS for "historical" reasons. You can't get model with V6 engine.
Full equipment is included, only thing you can choose about is exterior colour, leather colour, and automatic shifter.
There are few differences between EU model and original. Rearwiew mirrors, back lights etc. Allegedly it has improved suspension to match european roads. And price, off course. 55000 eu in Croatia, vs 40000 usd in states...
Thieving bastards!
Anyway, hello to you. I hope we will have some company around here soon
napalm0666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
ParisTNDude

 
ParisTNDude's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, TN
Posts: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm0666 View Post
2SS is only available version you can order in Europe, although it doesn't carry a name SS for "historical" reasons. You can't get model with V6 engine.
Full equipment is included, only thing you can choose about is exterior colour, leather colour, and automatic shifter.
There are few differences between EU model and original. Rearwiew mirrors, back lights etc. Allegedly it has improved suspension to match european roads. And price, off course. 55000 eu in Croatia, vs 40000 usd in states...
Thieving bastards!
Anyway, hello to you. I hope we will have some company around here soon
I lived and worked in Europe for about 13 years in my lifetime and was always appalled at the cost of American cars in your part of the world. At the time, European cars could be had in America often for less than their cost in Europe...BMW is a good example. When base Corvettes were selling for $40K, European Vettes were well over $100K! Most of that was in import and other taxes as well as Euro conversion at the factory. When I was there, I had a very nice fast Corvette, the one in my signature photo and I raced it in amateur events all over Germany. About 20 laps at the Nurburgring and some at Hockenheim and Spa as well as several in Italia. There was one very good "pilot" who raced a Z06 from Switzerland....we had a blast racing each other. I wish I had the opportunity to try my Camaro there. It's good to hear that you are getting the Camaro soon....enjoy!
__________________
Current ride: 2006 Corvette, LG long tube headers, HF cats, Xpipe, Vararam, Vmax ported throttle body, Z06 bi-mode axle backs, Fast LSXR 102 intake, DynoSpeed tune




Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...html?r=1"]2010
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
Auto-Doctor
 
Auto-Doctor's Avatar
 
Drives: Gokart
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 9
Oh ok, didn't know that. Well, who wants a V6 in a muscle car anyways They have just announced today, that it will be available soon, no details yet. I wrote them an email asking if the ZL1 will be offered as well.

Yeah, they sure know how to make money! I asked a dealer here to make an offer for a ZL1 from the states, and he said like 75'000 - 80'000 CHF. So we'll see what the official prices will be.

Hello to you as well Let's see if some others join in again now when the car becomes available.
Auto-Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #7
napalm0666
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro EU version (V8)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 64
Well, auto-doctor, nice meeting you! Hope to see you somewhere on the road, might have a few beers while girlfriends are keeping the car keys safe
@Paris dude, same goes for you too! You know how much fun can be the roads here - so you and your Camaro are welcome anytime
Just give me a hint few weeks before you are planning to arrive
napalm0666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Auto-Doctor
 
Auto-Doctor's Avatar
 
Drives: Gokart
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 9
Quote:
napalm0666

Well, auto-doctor, nice meeting you! Hope to see you somewhere on the road, might have a few beers while girlfriends are keeping the car keys safe
Yeah man, would be nice to see another Camaro, once my beast will makes it's way here. I've been talking to Chevrolet Switzerland today and they said they are officially only importing the SS, so I need to wait until someone has the ZL1 available. I ain't getting nothing else.

Other than that, just keep an eye out for a fast black rice-scale, and I will for any Camaro around.

Quote:
ParisTNDude

I lived and worked in Europe for about 13 years in my lifetime and was always appalled at the cost of American cars in your part of the world. At the time, European cars could be had in America often for less than their cost in Europe...BMW is a good example. When base Corvettes were selling for $40K, European Vettes were well over $100K! Most of that was in import and other taxes as well as Euro conversion at the factory. When I was there, I had a very nice fast Corvette, the one in my signature photo and I raced it in amateur events all over Germany. About 20 laps at the Nurburgring and some at Hockenheim and Spa as well as several in Italia. There was one very good "pilot" who raced a Z06 from Switzerland....we had a blast racing each other. I wish I had the opportunity to try my Camaro there. It's good to hear that you are getting the Camaro soon....enjoy!
Thanks man, I'm really looking forward to get the ZL1 here. Would be one heck of a ride!!
Auto-Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSRP or below, Dealers KILLER74Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1313 03-02-2014 09:39 PM
Automobile Reviews 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2SS Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 33 07-28-2011 07:36 PM
At One Year, Camaro Leads U.S. Sports Car Segment and Wins New Chevrolet Customers Sawyer 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 14 06-07-2010 10:17 AM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.