Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
RS/SS
The wait is over!!
 
RS/SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 189
Saw all of the production colors

So the wife and I went out to a few Chevy dealerships Easter Sunday when they were all closed and we could walk the whole lot at our leisure. We literally found every color that will be available on the Camaro on other GM vehicles. It was a beautiful sunny day out so we could really see the paint colors well. This is only MY summary of what we saw.....

Silver Ice Metallic= This looked good, but just a little plain for my tastes. Looked like every other silver I've seen on a car. Not very flashy, but very "mechanical" looking. Think back to Will Smith's movie "I, Robot" and this color would bode well in that movie.

Red Jewel Tintcoat= This color was a mixed bag. In the direct sunlight it was amazing as you could see the metallic flakes. However, in the shade the paint took on a dark maroon look that made it appear to be something I wouldn't find on a muscle car. If my father owned a Camaro, I could see him in this color.

Imperial Blue Metallic= This color was MUCH darker in person than I had imagined. I can only imagine at dusk and night this car will literally look black. For me this is much more of a dark navy blue. A little disappointed in this color to be honest.

Black= What can I say about black that hasn't been said a million times. When it's clean, it's gourgeous. When it's not, it's not. Black also hides the lines of the car and eliminates the separate look of the front black grilles. For some, this will be a plus.

Aqua Blue Metallic= This color is quite nice. A really nice blue both in the shade and direct sunlight, where it really shines (no pun intended). This is THE blue to get, if you want a blue Camaro. Again, IMHO only.

Cyber Gray Metallic= This color had me the most curious to see in person. And once I did, I just didn't get what all the fuss is about. It simply looks like a dull gray, and the blue flake is barely noticeable. Up close I could see the blue flakes, but it did nothing for the overall look of the gray. This color disappointed me the most. Likely because the hype and anticipation was so big for it. I wanted to like it, but sadly I didn't.

Victory Red= Let me start off by saying that I have a show truck that is Flame Red. So I'm a little bias here. But this color is amazing. A beautiful hot rod red that will stop traffic, and catch the eye of every law enforcement officer within sight. When I place my order for a new Camaro, this will in all likelihood be the color I pick, or at the least is the one I come back to the most.

Rally Yellow= I sometimes find myself envious of those who can own a bright yellow car. I myself cannot. With that said, if you want to garner attention Rally Yellow is the color for you. It almost stings the eyes in the sunlight, and even in the shade you would think that this color is being ran off the car's battery. I realize that "Bumblebee" is a different yellow, but I can't imagine anyone really caring once they see RY in person.

Inferno Orange Metallic= This was one of the least disappointing colors and the biggest surprise. Unlike some pics I've seen on this forum where the IOM looks very close to VR, this is not the case at all. I can only chalk this up to different cameras and their ability or inability to capture reds accurately. At any rate, this is a cool color. It may be "the" muscle car color for those wanting as much retro flare as possible. While not as "hemi" orange as the Challenger, it almost feels period perfect for the new F body. Provided this color doesn't end up being a "fad", I'm sure we will see a lot of IOM Camaros.


Well that's about it. Some I like, some not so much. In the end, this was the best way for me to see the colors in something larger than a paint chip. I would encourage anyone on the fence about exterior colors to go find the color(s) and see them in person first.
RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
edog


 
edog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: F'BURG VA
Posts: 3,476
Send a message via MSN to edog
I must say I love the IOM color. It is not to orange, and it has a darker tinted look to it. It has depth you cannot get in the hugger orange, and with tinted windows it will have an evil look to it.

IOM all the way!
__________________
Doug Thorley Tri-Y LT/HF cat back Xpipe, Ported TB, 160 therm, Tranny cooler, Halltech CAI, Pedders sways, endlinks, Drop Springs, 3.45 rear gears. Tuned by East Coast Supercharging. 371HP/383TQ
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith
 
TheMadHatter99's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 722
Very nice write up; for those of us unable to see all the various colors, thanks.

I'm of the IOM persuasion and cannot wait to see a Camaro in this color in person (preferably from behind the wheel).
__________________
TheMadHatter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
fad1

 
fad1's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 1,108
where did you see all this. Any Pictures ?
__________________
Plan: Buy a Summit White Camaro right after College.
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing
 
RT21's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM Tumbler
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Melbourne Beach, FL
Posts: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SS View Post
Imperial Blue Metallic= This color was MUCH darker in person than I had imagined. I can only imagine at dusk and night this car will literally look black.
Sweet!! That's exactly why I'm getting it instead of the Happy Blue.
__________________

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
cyberbro

 
cyberbro's Avatar
 
Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SS View Post
So the wife and I went out to a few Chevy dealerships Easter Sunday when they were all closed and we could walk the whole lot at our leisure. We literally found every color that will be available on the Camaro on other GM vehicles. It was a beautiful sunny day out so we could really see the paint colors well. This is only MY summary of what we saw.....

Silver Ice Metallic= This looked good, but just a little plain for my tastes. Looked like every other silver I've seen on a car. Not very flashy, but very "mechanical" looking. Think back to Will Smith's movie "I, Robot" and this color would bode well in that movie.

Red Jewel Tintcoat= This color was a mixed bag. In the direct sunlight it was amazing as you could see the metallic flakes. However, in the shade the paint took on a dark maroon look that made it appear to be something I wouldn't find on a muscle car. If my father owned a Camaro, I could see him in this color.

Imperial Blue Metallic= This color was MUCH darker in person than I had imagined. I can only imagine at dusk and night this car will literally look black. For me this is much more of a dark navy blue. A little disappointed in this color to be honest.

Black= What can I say about black that hasn't been said a million times. When it's clean, it's gourgeous. When it's not, it's not. Black also hides the lines of the car and eliminates the separate look of the front black grilles. For some, this will be a plus.

Aqua Blue Metallic= This color is quite nice. A really nice blue both in the shade and direct sunlight, where it really shines (no pun intended). This is THE blue to get, if you want a blue Camaro. Again, IMHO only.

Cyber Gray Metallic= This color had me the most curious to see in person. And once I did, I just didn't get what all the fuss is about. It simply looks like a dull gray, and the blue flake is barely noticeable. Up close I could see the blue flakes, but it did nothing for the overall look of the gray. This color disappointed me the most. Likely because the hype and anticipation was so big for it. I wanted to like it, but sadly I didn't.

Victory Red= Let me start off by saying that I have a show truck that is Flame Red. So I'm a little bias here. But this color is amazing. A beautiful hot rod red that will stop traffic, and catch the eye of every law enforcement officer within sight. When I place my order for a new Camaro, this will in all likelihood be the color I pick, or at the least is the one I come back to the most.

Rally Yellow= I sometimes find myself envious of those who can own a bright yellow car. I myself cannot. With that said, if you want to garner attention Rally Yellow is the color for you. It almost stings the eyes in the sunlight, and even in the shade you would think that this color is being ran off the car's battery. I realize that "Bumblebee" is a different yellow, but I can't imagine anyone really caring once they see RY in person.

Inferno Orange Metallic= This was one of the least disappointing colors and the biggest surprise. Unlike some pics I've seen on this forum where the IOM looks very close to VR, this is not the case at all. I can only chalk this up to different cameras and their ability or inability to capture reds accurately. At any rate, this is a cool color. It may be "the" muscle car color for those wanting as much retro flare as possible. While not as "hemi" orange as the Challenger, it almost feels period perfect for the new F body. Provided this color doesn't end up being a "fad", I'm sure we will see a lot of IOM Camaros.


Well that's about it. Some I like, some not so much. In the end, this was the best way for me to see the colors in something larger than a paint chip. I would encourage anyone on the fence about exterior colors to go find the color(s) and see them in person first.
I think I agree with 95% of your review, nicely done!
__________________
Camaro Dream on hold for now. But when I go for it I will only buy from BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
RS/SS
The wait is over!!
 
RS/SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
where did you see all this. Any Pictures ?
At three different Chevrolet dealerships in my local area. None of these were on Camaros. They were all Chevrolet cars that had the same paint colors as the production Camaros.
RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,255
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
what car did you see CGM on?
__________________
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10
 
TaylorRyanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,904
summit white???

jk everyone knows what it looks like, its just white lol
__________________

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,219
We are hyped about CGM because we have not seen it yet. That is all.

TaylorRyan74 I like your sig pic. Good choice Assuming that is our future plans...
__________________
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,369
So all of the Camaros colors are the exact same ones on other GM cars? All of them?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,219
Yep.
__________________
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #13
Croathlete
Danny
 
Croathlete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,657
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
I don't think you saw CGM on the Corvette...or you didn't take a close enough look...
__________________
2SS/RS CGM with black rally stripes

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Please help me fight back by supporting me in the 2010 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Every little bit helps. Click here for more information. Thank you to those that have donated!
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
I don't think you saw CGM on the Corvette...or you didn't take a close enough look...
Yeah, CGM on the corvette looks totally different. If yo looked at it on the traverse then it looks horrible. You need to see it on a vette if you can...
__________________
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
ssdavidw
Camaro OCD
 
ssdavidw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, RS, RJT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somerset, NJ
Posts: 189
I swear to God I can't decide on a color. Every time I see a new color in person that I hadn't seem before I'm like OMG!!! I WANT!! I WANT!!

I just saw the IOM on both a new 2009 Avalanche and a 2010 Camaro and really love it. I'm not sure I can handle having 2 orange vehicles (own a 2005 SOM Avalanche). They are very different oranges but that's quite a commitment to orange and one I don't know if I'm ready for.

I'm hoping they offer a sweet green color for 2011 and then I think I'm set.
__________________

2010 Camaro - Red Jewel Tintcoat, 2SS, RS, Auto, Black Interior, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
ssdavidw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #16
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10
 
TaylorRyanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
We are hyped about CGM because we have not seen it yet. That is all.

TaylorRyan74 I like your sig pic. Good choice Assuming that is our future plans...

I wish

I dont think I will do the 2 tone since it will probably be too pricey... i think I will stick to my rally stripes lol
__________________

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #17
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
I wish

I dont think I will do the 2 tone since it will probably be too pricey... i think I will stick to my rally stripes lol
Yeah that might get up there in cost, but I think you will be well rewarded for the expense. Looks really good.
__________________
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #18
RS/SS
The wait is over!!
 
RS/SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 189
FWIW, I saw CGM on one traverse at Nash chevrolet (Lawrenceville, GA) and two corvettes at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet (Duluth, Ga).
RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #19
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
A very nice write-up RS/SS.. You gave me the inspiration to also write up a little color review of my own.. It would be cool if everybody would do something like this as everybody has a unique opinion on all the colors once they have seen them all..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18500
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL COLOR (and interior) Threads of all Camaro production colors Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 130 Yesterday 04:27 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Indy - Production colors 8 of the 9 Blue1969bird Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 68 03-06-2009 07:48 AM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 12:31 AM
Coolest new car colors KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 8 04-12-2007 08:24 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.