Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Would you buy a Trifecta tune for later??

I am thinking about purchasing the Trifecta tune now and using it later down the road. Is this a bad idea? I plan on a turbo at some point. With that in mind if I go STS turbo I can use Trifecta if I go RX Turbo I can use ? I just dont want to purchase myself in the corner.

Any thoughts on this would be very helpful.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I'm not 100% sure, but wouldnt the price of a turbo kit include the tune?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Your a6. So just getting the tune will help you now with shift points and some power. Even if you don't ever use it and want a turbo down the road, Tracy gives discounts for people with the tune i believe. Sounds like a win win for the price this winter.
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
The way you worded the question it sounds like you want to buy now to take advantage of the great price, but not install it now, is that right?

If so, and if the turbo purchase is a year or more down the road, I would wait.

If you are going to install the tune right away or purchase the turbo soon, I would go ahead and get the tune now.

I am tempted to get the Trifecta tune now since it is a great price, but I'm leaning on a SC or turbo maybe in a year or so (late 2012/early 2013), so unless I get an unexpected windfall, I will be holding off on the tune.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
It's a steal right now for $300 and if you do a major mod like turbo down the road it should only cost you another $100 for the retune. Minor upgrades have free tune adjustments. I'd do it now and appreciate a little extra power. I wouldn't wait for an upgrade to install it.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:12 AM   #6
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Well, it is either $300 for the heritage grill or $300 for a tune. Good point about the A6 tranny. I also plan on purchasing the RX throttle body so the total would be 450 before core charge.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #7
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
The way you worded the question it sounds like you want to buy now to take advantage of the great price, but not install it now, is that right?
Thats the plan, although a lot can change in one year. I am sure you have seen what I posted its either the grill or the tune. Exterior or Performance. Reason for posting here its a tough decision.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #8
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Hard to suggest to people how to spend their hard earned cash, but personally the Trifecta at 300 is a great price. Kinda bummed I payed twice that. With that being said I would have a hard time spending 300 and not having any immediate gradification. If you are worried about warranty and that is the reason for not wanting to install it and only want it when you go FI, my hunch is when you are in the 6000 to 7000 market you probably would have the cash to pay the extra for the tune and saving 300 probably isn't that big of a deal. IDK I love my tune, but don't think myself personally could 300 and not have anything immediately to show for it. Good luck with whatever discission you make
Old 11-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #9
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
I bought my tune from Vince and let him know I'll datalog in the spring when I've added nitrous, I'm enjoying the basic tune till then....
h2oplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
I'm in the same boat. I want to install headers. and will obviously need the tune down the road, but I won't be purchasing the headers until spring. I keep telling myself that at the very least, if I purchase it for $300 and don't use it in the spring, go a different direction, etc... I could probably sell on C5 and lose nothing on it.

I can't decide either... it's killing me!!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #11
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Talk to Vince about it. I'm sure if you let him know what direction you're possibly going and let him know your concerns he'll work a deal for you or at least let you know what to expect.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote