Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
Pt_killa
 
Pt_killa's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
What gear was they both ran in?

It feels kind of good when you can say "poor little v8" haha lol. Good vids PT!
bmore you change your sig and avatar every week lol, and new parts too, with all that you got to be over 300whp NA. I would like to check out your ride one day since your so close but im a skins fan so we might not get along lol jk

Im not sure of the gears. i shifted once from 3 to 4. 60-130mph is a popular rolling start metric, search online there are lots of cars to compare to.
__________________
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
camslambam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 06 SRT10 Ram
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: C. America
Posts: 1,658
What's the comparison to a bolt on SS or to a H/C/I SS?

(just curious, not trying to start nothing).
camslambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #20
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
That is pretty quick...and only 6 PSI?

Imagine what we will do with 12-15 PSI? =0
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #21
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
bmore you change your sig and avatar every week lol, and new parts too, with all that you got to be over 300whp NA. I would like to check out your ride one day since your so close but im a skins fan so we might not get along lol jk

Im not sure of the gears. i shifted once from 3 to 4. 60-130mph is a popular rolling start metric, search online there are lots of cars to compare to.
haha LOL.. Yhea, I'm trying to better my photoshop skills on my free time so my work has to get put up somewhere although it's nothing compared to what some of these other guys have put up LOL.

The last time I was at the track I put down 13.5@104 with 60' of 2.18 with I think a DA of 1200, but my dyno said I only made 284rwhp and 244rwtq, but that's when I was on e85. that should definitely tell you how low the dyno that we use which is a dynojet 248x read lol. I think it's one of the biggest dynojet that dynojet used to sell that read 2000hp with 4800lb rollers. I guess when you have the fastest world record IS300 that does 7's and 8's you have to go big everything lol.

My last dyno with everything listed on my sig I put down 274hp and 259tq. and this was with turbulence going into the head and my KR going off into the 11's pass 4k rpm. Stock cars do about 225-235 on this exact dyno. One day after I get my project completed I would like to get on one of those 224lx or the newer and smaller dynojet that read somewhat closer to what it's supposed to, but for now it does what is supposed to do just fine.

Oh.. you a skins fan huh....hahah loooolz!! at least you guys are not as bad as the steelers, haha I'm sure we will all cross path one of these days.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #22
Pt_killa
 
Pt_killa's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 453
Quote:
What's the comparison to a bolt on SS or to a H/C/I SS?

(just curious, not trying to start nothing).
I'll surf youtube for one but I'm pretty sure a v8 with headers and a cam will beat a turbo v6 or will be close at the levels we are running. Cj's v6 at 420 whp and 400tq might give an H/C/I v8 a run for the money though.

Quote:
That is pretty quick...and only 6 PSI?

Imagine what we will do with 12-15 PSI? =0
Thanks dude, it holds 4psi and spikes to 6.5psi at shifts.

Quote:
haha LOL.. Yhea, I'm trying to better my photoshop skills on my free time so my work has to get put up somewhere although it's nothing compared to what some of these other guys have put up LOL.

The last time I was at the track I put down 13.5@104 with 60' of 2.18 with I think a DA of 1200, but my dyno said I only made 284rwhp and 244rwtq, but that's when I was on e85. that should definitely tell you how low the dyno that we use which is a dynojet 248x read lol. I think it's one of the biggest dynojet that dynojet used to sell that read 2000hp with 4800lb rollers. I guess when you have the fastest world record IS300 that does 7's and 8's you have to go big everything lol.

My last dyno with everything listed on my sig I put down 274hp and 259tq. and this was with turbulence going into the head and my KR going off into the 11's pass 4k rpm. Stock cars do about 225-235 on this exact dyno. One day after I get my project completed I would like to get on one of those 224lx or the newer and smaller dynojet that read somewhat closer to what it's supposed to, but for now it does what is supposed to do just fine.

Oh.. you a skins fan huh....hahah loooolz!! at least you guys are not as bad as the steelers, haha I'm sure we will all cross path one of these days.
Thats an awesome time, that has to be the record for the v6 on street tires. You'll beat me on the track any day lol! The 248x dyno is what i used to dyno my car when it was NA and the numbers were lower than it should be too.
__________________
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
Pt_killa
 
Pt_killa's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by camslambam View Post
What's the comparison to a bolt on SS or to a H/C/I SS?

(just curious, not trying to start nothing).
575 hp supercharged SS: 10-12 seconds
Source: http://youtu.be/MYhVjk90uHQ
__________________
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
bcperry
Engineer in Training
 
bcperry's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
575 hp supercharged SS: 10-12 seconds
Source: http://youtu.be/MYhVjk90uHQ
wow, the turbo 6 sives it a good run considering I could so a similar system on my LS for 26,000, and an SS like that would likely run around 10 grand more (and thats a LOW estimate)
__________________
K&N Aircharger CAI, BBK LT's, VMAX black ICE, Trifecta tuned
bcperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #25
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,658
Just wait until the turbo guys get the fuel issue sorted out lol The thing is going to be nassssty!
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #26
bcperry
Engineer in Training
 
bcperry's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 292
^^ oh it'll be stupid fast.
__________________
K&N Aircharger CAI, BBK LT's, VMAX black ICE, Trifecta tuned
bcperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #27
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)
 
cjt037's Avatar
 
Drives: Turbo'd 6er
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Crestwood ky
Posts: 389
I had alot of issues at the track today. I kept blowing clamps off. Sts pipeing sucks ass. That and a bad spark plug made the day a failure. Except for the first run. V6 Camaro took the ss
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185528
435.7 RWHP 405 RWTQ
JUST A LITTLE V6... Try me
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #28
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt037 View Post
I had alot of issues at the track today. I kept blowing clamps off. Sts pipeing sucks ass. That and a bad spark plug made the day a failure. Except for the first run. V6 Camaro took the ss
what was your best run of the day today?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #29
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)
 
cjt037's Avatar
 
Drives: Turbo'd 6er
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Crestwood ky
Posts: 389
13 flat. Nothing great I lost two clamps on my boost pipe. And I kept Misfiring due to a bad spark plug all and all it was a awful day for me
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185528
435.7 RWHP 405 RWTQ
JUST A LITTLE V6... Try me
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #30
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt037 View Post
13 flat. Nothing great I lost two clamps on my boost pipe. And I kept Misfiring due to a bad spark plug all and all it was a awful day for me
I think that is probably the best forced induction time we seen so far. At least you was able to get one good run in so it could have been worst.

What was your trap speed and 60'? post your slip here and over at the v6 1/4 mile thread
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #31
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)
 
cjt037's Avatar
 
Drives: Turbo'd 6er
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Crestwood ky
Posts: 389
The slips in my car but my one run was against a ss. Hoping the track.will be open next weekend so I can redeem myself
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185528
435.7 RWHP 405 RWTQ
JUST A LITTLE V6... Try me
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #32
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,070
Way to go PT!!!!! Lets put a manual rear diff in and tires for the traction at the drag strip.

We are running Gretchen with the new revisions this weekend so hope to have a new LLT 1/4 mile record if all goes well. Your input has helped us as much as we have helped you.


Just back from PRI show and finalized some deals so I can go public.

For the LLT (up to 2011):

Brodix Cylinder Heads will be producing our after market CNC ported cylinder heads. Were appx 90 days out before release and pricing set.

The VMax intake manifold heat isolator/radiant heat shield is finished.....should be available to ship in the next few weeks. Will post up pricing as soon as I am able:


The full 1 piece design shields the intake manifold from the radiant heat from the engine block as well as the insulating effect of separating the mating surfaces.

The filled/ported modified intake manifold is ready for testing so will post the results in the next few weeks:


The Borg Warner EFR turbos we designed the TT system around should be available again mid Jan.

Will post up the fuel system solution in the next few weeks as well. Looks like 600 hp here we come.

Spent alot of time w/the GM engineers also so some good LLT news coming soon.

Tracy
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #33
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,658
you mean somebody is actually planning on a cnc ported cylinder head for the LLT tracy!? I guess waiting was not so bad after all

Oh, and thanks for the PM. much

Last edited by bmorecam; 12-05-2011 at 02:29 PM.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #34
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Way to go PT!!!!! Lets put a manual rear diff in and tires for the traction at the drag strip.

We are running Gretchen with the new revisions this weekend so hope to have a new LLT 1/4 mile record if all goes well. Your input has helped us as much as we have helped you.


Just back from PRI show and finalized some deals so I can go public.

For the LLT (up to 2011):

Brodix Cylinder Heads will be producing our after market CNC ported cylinder heads. Were appx 90 days out before release and pricing set.

The VMax intake manifold heat isolator/radiant heat shield is finished.....should be available to ship in the next few weeks. Will post up pricing as soon as I am able:


The full 1 piece design shields the intake manifold from the radiant heat from the engine block as well as the insulating effect of separating the mating surfaces.

The filled/ported modified intake manifold is ready for testing so will post the results in the next few weeks:


The Borg Warner EFR turbos we designed the TT system around should be available again mid Jan.

Will post up the fuel system solution in the next few weeks as well. Looks like 600 hp here we come.

Spent alot of time w/the GM engineers also so some good LLT news coming soon.

Tracy
Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag now. A few of you have known for a while, but we are shooting for at least 600 RWHP (about 750 crank). The fuel system has been the hold up. And before everyone starts chiming in about it, yes we know the tranny won't last very long at that level. We've got two options:

1) Just put a build one in, or
2) Let it break and figure out what the weak links are so we know how to address them (then put a built 6L90E in it ).

I hope it all comes together in the next month or so. The fuel issue has been a pain in the A$$, but if we've got that fixed then it should be the last MAJOR hurdle. There will be other issues that come up I'm sure, but I think we are close to making it now.

Couple of things to consider. As several have pointed out, these engines pull quite a bit of timing at WOT. It is worse under boost. Even though our IATs look real good, we are losing power there. Part of it is coming from heat soak (insulator seems to fix that) and the other part seems to come from the poor air flow characteristics. If we've got those two things fixed, this thing should make pretty awesome power at pretty low boost. With the ported heads we will see some gains without increasing the boost. I'm hoping we can get to 600 RWHP with around 16 psi...but that's just a guess at this point.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.