Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 12-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
mattbatt

Drives: 2011 2 SS + RS Camaro
SSW 3" Retro VS stock video comparison

Hi guys, I love my 3" retro chambered catback system! I have a CAI, but stock headers and cats.

For this video, I recorded via boom mic + h4n at -40db for both systems. There is no mastering, eq'ing or normalizing in post. What I wanted was a comparison that showed volume level differences.

Most comparisons do not because cameras have auto gain on, so all audio is kept around 0 in mastering and the camera is constantly adjusting levels.

I did clip at the revs because I did not know how loud it would be, so I was guessing at - 40 db on the recorder, I should of done even more

Also note, for idle and start up, the audio is very low, again, I was trying to show the dynamics of soft to loud sounds. Put on the headphones!

I am very happy with the Stainless Works!

Tags
catback, exhaust, retro chambered catback, stainless steel works