Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-03-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
Harley1

Drives: Ahh....DCB F29
Review: VMaxx Throttle body

Order placed for a new TB from (SC2150) Tracey@ RX Performance products on 11/27 received on 12/2, great customer service and communication from Tracey throughout the transaction!

My first impressions were the throttle response was alot nicer, really crisp and snappy. The extra few ponies and torque were gladly felt and appreciated . Push the gas pedal a tad and off she went. No dead spots anymore, the car feels more alive now. I don't know if its me but the car does sound a bit different also..but maybe its all in my head.

The install was not hard at all. I first unhooked the negative battery cable then loosened the clamp on the intake tube of my CAI and kinda just moved it out of the way. Installing the TB did not require me to remove any thing else other than that. I loosened the four bolts took them out and removed the stock TB.

Next I took the new TB and installed with the stock gasket as instructed by Tracey and tightened the 4 bolts back down snugly in a criss cross pattern. Hooked the intake tube back up and tightened down. Replaced the engine cover and hooked up the negative battery cable.

Fired and let her warm up, checked for any CEL and off I went smiling the whole way! Great performance mod for the money, would recomend to any V6 owner. Thanks alot for the great product Tracey!

This is how it arrived:

Installed
Harley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:19 AM   #2
GreenXTC

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green #1837
Nice!! This is going to be my next mod in the spring along with the catch can.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:52 AM   #3
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
For the money, this mod is one of the best IMO. One of my favorite mods so far.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
That mod is going to happen sometime after Christmas for me. Definitely an awesome piece of work by Tracy. His catch can and oil breather are amazing too. You should check those out if you don't already have them.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
nickruta

Drives: 2010 black camaro
Hey I'm a noob at car stuff what exactly is that things primary purpose and is it for engine longetivity or power? Thanks
nickruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
This is my next mod, hope to get it around the first of the year. For the money I believe you just can't go wrong with this mod.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
This is my next mod, hope to get it around the first of the year. For the money I believe you just can't go wrong with this mod.
Sounds like I am gong to do the same thing at the same time.

Nice review thank you for taking the time.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
Harley1

Drives: Ahh....DCB F29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Sounds like I am gong to do the same thing at the same time.

Nice review thank you for taking the time.
No problem at all!
Harley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #9
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
I might have to do this. I said I was done with modding, but hey!