Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 04:49 AM   #1
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~
 
SScattergunSS's Avatar
 
Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: With My CynAgain
Posts: 25,197
Stirring up the rivalry with Ford and Dodge!

What do you guys think about this...The first weekend we get our Camaro's, we drive SLOWLY through our local Ford and Dodge dealership's lots, just to show the potential Mustang and Challenger buyers what, "The 2010 Car of the Year" actually looks like?!
__________________
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~

Last edited by SScattergunSS; 04-15-2009 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Typo
SScattergunSS is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:54 AM   #2
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM
 
Xmicro_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
What do you guys think about this...The first weekend we get our Camaro's, we drive SLOWLY through our local Ford and Dodge dealership's lots, just to show the potential Mustang and Challenger buyers what, "The 2010 Car of the Year" actually looks like?!
Yea, that is the only way they will get to see the whole car. Otherwise on the Road and the Track they will only ever get to see THE TAILLIGHTS!
__________________
ITS HERE! : 2010 Camaro 2SS / 6 Speed Manual (No other way) / Silver Ice Metallic / Inferno Orange Interior Accent / RS Package / Polished Wheels / SOLO MACH X CAT BACK
Xmicro_SS is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:12 AM   #3
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
i agree with the original poster, diverting attention from the interior as much as possible is a good idea...



and thats my contribution your welcome.
fdjizm is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:14 AM   #4
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i agree with the original poster, diverting attention from the interior as much as possible is a good idea...



and thats my contribution your welcome.
opinions are like buttholes.

You got the description wrong by the way. It's a Shelby not a Mustang.






That's my contribution............... your welcome.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #5
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM
 
Xmicro_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i agree with the original poster, diverting attention from the interior as much as possible is a good idea...



and thats my contribution your welcome.
Seriously...there is NO clear cut winner on the interior. I happen to like the cleaner look inside the Camaro. Especially the IOM interior that I ordered. The Ford looks too FLAT and I never liked the dash with the overhanging lip on each side. Not to mention there is no stitching anywhere. For a few bucks, I will be taking mine to a leather guy and wrapping the dash.......I think all the polished metal is very yesterday. Plus the Camaro wraps around you and the Mustang is just in front of you.
__________________
ITS HERE! : 2010 Camaro 2SS / 6 Speed Manual (No other way) / Silver Ice Metallic / Inferno Orange Interior Accent / RS Package / Polished Wheels / SOLO MACH X CAT BACK
Xmicro_SS is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:25 AM   #6
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Seriously...there is NO clear cut winner on the interior. I happen to like the cleaner look inside the Camaro. Especially the IOM interior that I ordered. The Ford looks too FLAT and I never liked the dash with the overhanging lip on each side. Not to mention there is no stitching anywhere. For a few bucks, I will be taking mine to a leather guy and wrapping the dash.......I think all the polished metal is very yesterday. Plus the Camaro wraps around you and the Mustang is just in front of you.
i think not having a screen and cool entertainment system (or the ability to fab one in because of shape) in your car is very yesterday as well but thats my opinion. and i like the custom leather idea... post pics when your done, sounds interesting the camaro's interior is too spacey for a car... i will keep it clean

Camaro interior dislikes.

1. huge radio knobs and the way that whole area is shaped.
2. 4 big lab experiment gauges in center stack
3. the shape of the interior cancels out custom radio ideas.
4. sharp square encasings wrapped around round gauges.
5. e-brake has no "home" it's just there. and passenger side?
6. no touch screen/visual navigation/entertainment center.

Camaro interior likes

1. the way the doors flows into the top part of the interior.
2. the inner door panels look cool (without gloss plastic)
3. steering wheel looks sharp.
4. shifter looks sharp

all opinion of course. i didnt add hard plastics because i dont really care how soft the interior of my car is unless im going to rub my face against it all day. if it looks good it looks good hard or soft.

but for people who do care the '10 mustang is just about the best quality soft touch interior. i can admit flaws with any car you guys even fight when there really is some flaw with your's let up a little maybe we can have a decent constructive conversation.
fdjizm is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:44 AM   #7
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM
 
Xmicro_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i think not having a screen and cool entertainment system (or the ability to fab one in because of shape) in your car is very yesterday as well but thats my opinion. and i like the custom leather idea... post pics when your done, sounds interesting the camaro's interior is too spacey for a car... i will keep it clean

Camaro interior dislikes.

1. huge radio knobs and the way that whole area is shaped.
2. 4 big lab experiment gauges in center stack
3. the shape of the interior cancels out custom radio ideas.
4. sharp square encasings wrapped around round gauges.
5. e-brake has no "home" it's just there. and passenger side?
6. no touch screen/visual navigation/entertainment center.

Camaro interior likes

1. the way the doors flows into the top part of the interior.
2. the inner door panels look cool (without gloss plastic)
3. steering wheel looks sharp.
4. shifter looks sharp

all opinion of course. i didnt add hard plastics because i dont really care how soft the interior of my car is unless im going to rub my face against it all day. if it looks good it looks good hard or soft.

but for people who do care the '10 mustang is just about the best quality soft touch interior. i can admit flaws with any car you guys even fight when there really is some flaw with your's let up a little maybe we can have a decent constructive conversation.
No, I do not fight what you call flaws, they are just not important to me. I never have had a screen in a car to date. My SKY is a double din unit and I could put almost anything in there. I just hate wasting $3K on that stuff, I have a home entertainment system that would boggle the mind at home. When I buy a sports car I listen to the stereo or the exhaust, and the sound in the CamaroSS should be good. I like the 4 gauges where they are. The Knobs....yea would be nice if they offered a Climate control system that was digital, but it does not bother me. The most important part of interior design is ergonomics, and in that department the Camaro wins. When I sat in it at the NYC auto show EVERYTHING was in perfect reach and it felt like a cockpit, wrapped around.

The Nav screen is in the middle of the tach and the speedo, which I think is the ideal placement for turn by turn nav.

The rest is all opinion. I happen to like the square housing with the round gauges, better than a square entire dash.

But when I look at the interior, I look at how easy it would be to make it look different than other Camaro owners, and this interior is a"clean Slate" look which I like. My leather guy will have an easy time doing something cool (which of course I would post pics).

As far as the Stereo....nothing is impossible. Do not forget they make single Din units that have a screen that pops out and up. Believe me, someone will develop a unit that works in the Camaro.....they always do.

But to each his own.....just the way you posted the pics, was as if the Mustang was so much better looking and I do not agree. Your opinions are respected, but I have mine also......and NO I never drink the Coolaid...so do not imply that.
__________________
ITS HERE! : 2010 Camaro 2SS / 6 Speed Manual (No other way) / Silver Ice Metallic / Inferno Orange Interior Accent / RS Package / Polished Wheels / SOLO MACH X CAT BACK
Xmicro_SS is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #8
2Muchmark

 
2Muchmark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 857
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark


I have to admit: I like the Mustang interior better than the Camaro at least in these 2 pictures.

Yes I know the top picture is of a Shelby, but are there many differences?

I like the big knobs in the Camaro. I haven't seen them yet but the guage cluster seems like more of a cutsey add-on to me rather than something that will be actually useful. And I REALLY wish it had a big touch-screen in the center console that ran the radio and GPS.

These are MINOR though... I still love Cammy's and really dislike the Mustangs (Yes I've driven several). The 2010 Camaro is very close to perfection for me. It's minor little weirdnesses that bug me. Then again I have yet to see one in person - this is all just based on pictures - so maybe I am completely wrong here.

Cheers!
2Muchmark is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 AM   #9
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth
 
Zabo's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Woodhaven, Michigan
Posts: 9,359


So the dash is ok, and to be honest I prefer the spartan look of the Camaro. But, where it counts is the seating..

And I HATE FORDS NEW SEATING! I can't stand riding in our Edge for more than 40 minutes before I lose all feeling from the waist down due to my ass falling asleep in the plywood and rubber covered seats they pass off as luxury leather. And from the above image..I don't think they fixed that. Enjoy the falling ammo count on those cruises boys..
Zabo is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #10
shevyman

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: california
Posts: 1,734
well from what i can see i like that chevy came up with something diff. that cluster on the bottom istead of the dash. i think it looks cleaner. i have yet been near one personaly so i can't say much but one thing i can say is i was never a new mustang fan i never saw the resemblence of the classics they tried to copy they camaro looks closer same with the challenger
shevyman is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #11
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
opinions are like buttholes.

You got the description wrong by the way. It's a Shelby not a Mustang.

That's my contribution............... your welcome.
Wait a minute, are you saying he's not just here to provide us with the absolute facts. I thought he was on this forum to enlighten us all.
snizzle is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #12
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post


So the dash is ok, and to be honest I prefer the spartan look of the Camaro. But, where it counts is the seating..

And I HATE FORDS NEW SEATING! I can't stand riding in our Edge for more than 40 minutes before I lose all feeling from the waist down due to my ass falling asleep in the plywood and rubber covered seats they pass off as luxury leather. And from the above image..I don't think they fixed that. Enjoy the falling ammo count on those cruises boys..

they didnt change the seats just the covers, and i dont feel plywood in my ass in my car, thats weird... they are pretty comfty... i havent seen the seats on the edge..but u should really sit in a mustang i doubt u will feel plywood under your ass lol
fdjizm is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 07:03 AM   #13
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith
 
Txturbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rosenberg,Texas
Posts: 1,383
There is only one thing I have ever liked about a Mustang. Thats the sound of the exhaust. I've driven, worked on and ridden in many different years and I just don't like anything about them except for that. In fact, there is only one Ford that I have driven that I liked. It was an original Cobra with the 428 SCJ. That was the first car I ever drove that had me shaking when I got out of it. Kinda like an excited, slightly scared, but wanting to drive it more, uncontrollable shake.
__________________

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #14
Lee9710
 
Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Yelm, WA
Posts: 632
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Is this Mustang5.com now? At least we didnt have to go get Carroll Shelby to help us design our Camaro.......Wow 540hp stock......I beat one in my 2005 GTO also stock so Im not impressed and never will be with a Ford cheapo Mustang. The price of owning a Shelby is not worth it. Ive driven one and Its just too heavy on the front, doesnt handle well, and the only thing I liked was hearing the supercharger and now they took that away. No thanks, thats why Im on Camaro5 not Mustang forums.
Lee9710 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funny CamaroSpike23 Off-topic Discussions 34 02-14-2011 10:50 AM
2009 Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge vs. Nissan vs. GMC vs. Toyota Tactical Z General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 9 02-05-2009 12:36 AM
Edmunds: 2010 Ford Mustang First Look Scotsman General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 32 11-23-2008 09:55 PM
American Muscle: Ford, Dodge, and Chevy fierocamaro Off-topic Discussions 1 10-31-2006 10:43 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.