Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Camaro Motorsports Discussions Motorsports involving Camaros - Grand-Am, Redline Time Attack, Drift Events, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #51
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A
 
sasquash1984's Avatar
 
Drives: The yeti
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Saginaw/ Ft Worth TX
Posts: 3,077
Muah ha ha ha
__________________
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #52
Grabber
Resident Mustang Owner
 
Grabber's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Mustang
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wheeling, IL
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Adams View Post
The Cobra Jets do not run mid-low 8's.

The current NHRA record for AA/S is held by a '08 Cobra Jet at 9.37, that is far from mid-low 8's. The current record for A/S is held by a '69 427 Camaro at 9.94

This car in NHRA stock trim with a 327 or 427 (and the bigger engine will always be slower) will never be an 8 second car, period.


While these videos are great, Chevy needs to stop all this crap that it's just a concept, and we need to sign up so they will build it. They are going to build these cars, it would be among the dumbest decisions ever made by a auto manufacturer if they did not get built. So cut the crap, and get them in the hands of the Stock drivers who want them. These things need to be on the track at the NHRA Winternationals in February.

Have you seen this Cobra jet then?



Weird, it's running 8.0's @ 170 MPH....

:shrug:
__________________
2014 Mustang GT - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Jegs Cat-Deletes, Borla Stingers - Custom Intake - AED Tuned = 438 RWHP / 376 RWTQ

05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #53
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...
 
johndawg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 1,118
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
Awesome!
__________________
C5FII Individual Pictures Available

Get your C5FII Book for iPad Here!!!

Follow Us on




The Official Photographers of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
johndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #54
SSBUSDRVR


 
SSBUSDRVR's Avatar
 
Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,235
Grabber. Common man that is just a faked video just like the moon landing
__________________
'11 IBM 2SS/RS
RIP LS3 01/03/14 Stock Bottom Go Boom.
Suspended,Fueled, Bumped,Blown, Now Really Blown.

SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #55
Grabber
Resident Mustang Owner
 
Grabber's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Mustang
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wheeling, IL
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Grabber. Common man that is just a faked video just like the moon landing
True.

I mean, I found out we landed on the moon from watching dumb and dumber. Thank you Jim Carrey!!!
__________________
2014 Mustang GT - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Jegs Cat-Deletes, Borla Stingers - Custom Intake - AED Tuned = 438 RWHP / 376 RWTQ

05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #56
DuhKoDuh

 
DuhKoDuh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 2,105
AHHHHH!!!!
__________________

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #57
RSHugger
 
Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Albany OR
Posts: 195
What is up with all the naysayers?? This is GM's first outing with the car... yeah I am sure they did some test runs elsewhere, but I doubt they done with it. Glad to see the COPOs again and looking forward to the next rabbit that gets pulled out of the hat!
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #58
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,153
Dear Santa,
Forget the boots. I want one of these!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance,
Jan
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #59
SSBUSDRVR


 
SSBUSDRVR's Avatar
 
Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,235
Ruby Camaro tell Santa to send one this way too!

Quote:
Glad to see the COPOs again and looking forward to the next rabbit that gets pulled out of the hat!
+1
__________________
'11 IBM 2SS/RS
RIP LS3 01/03/14 Stock Bottom Go Boom.
Suspended,Fueled, Bumped,Blown, Now Really Blown.

SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #60
GEEo
OKCamaros
 
GEEo's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 WRX STi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 4,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Adams View Post
The Cobra Jets do not run mid-low 8's.

The current NHRA record for AA/S is held by a '08 Cobra Jet at 9.37, that is far from mid-low 8's. The current record for A/S is held by a '69 427 Camaro at 9.94

This car in NHRA stock trim with a 327 or 427 (and the bigger engine will always be slower) will never be an 8 second car, period.


While these videos are great, Chevy needs to stop all this crap that it's just a concept, and we need to sign up so they will build it. They are going to build these cars, it would be among the dumbest decisions ever made by a auto manufacturer if they did not get built. So cut the crap, and get them in the hands of the Stock drivers who want them. These things need to be on the track at the NHRA Winternationals in February.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Have you seen this Cobra jet then?



Weird, it's running 8.0's @ 170 MPH....

:shrug:
^^^^^^^^^

Obviously you haven't seen a cobra jet lately. lol and by the way they run mid-low 8's stock!

With a bottle the Cobra Jets would be in the High 7's easy!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #61
Tn4thGen
 
Drives: 2001 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 44
I vote they bring it to camaro fest 3 so we can watch it run
Tn4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #62
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Adams View Post
The Cobra Jets do not run mid-low 8's.

The current NHRA record for AA/S is held by a '08 Cobra Jet at 9.37, that is far from mid-low 8's. The current record for A/S is held by a '69 427 Camaro at 9.94
FALSE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
^^^^^^^^^

Obviously you haven't seen a cobra jet lately. lol and by the way they run mid-low 8's stock!

With a bottle the Cobra Jets would be in the High 7's easy!
I've watched a few videos the last couple days of the Jet running in the 8s.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #63
changprice
 
changprice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 121
awesome numbers
__________________
changprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #64
Tim Adams
 
Tim Adams's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1LTRS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minooka, IL
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Have you seen this Cobra jet then?



Weird, it's running 8.0's @ 170 MPH....

:shrug:
It's not a legal AA/S car. Here is the direct link to the current records. As you can see the current record is held by a Cobra Jet. There is no way in hell a NHRA LEGAL car will run in the 8's in either AA/S, AA/SA, A/S, or A/SA.

http://www.nhra.net/stats/stk_record.html

A NOS bottle, really?? These cars are being built to run NHRA Stock. You can't use NOS in Stock.
__________________

Last edited by Tim Adams; 12-08-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #65
Tim Adams
 
Tim Adams's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1LTRS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minooka, IL
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
FALSE.



I've watched a few videos the last couple days of the Jet running in the 8s.
See my post above. LEGAL NHRA stockers are not 8 second cars!!!!, in the classes mentioned above.
__________________
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #66
CamaroSSRS11
 
CamaroSSRS11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS manual
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 22
I agree with Adams, GM designed this car to run under the NHRA rules for a particular class. Compare it to other vehicles in that class, not cars limited only by the owners wallet. I'm sure what a lot of you guys really want is just the solid axle kit and tranny to go with your SC 7.0L making 1000+hp.

Also, please don't compare this car to the ZL1! This car only has to go fast in a strait line for a 1/4 mile and only stop once. While it does this very well, It might not even win against a regular SS on the road course. The COPO does battle with the Cobra Jet, the ZL1 spanks the GT500!
CamaroSSRS11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:16 AM   #67
Tim Adams
 
Tim Adams's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1LTRS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minooka, IL
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSRS11 View Post
I agree with Adams, GM designed this car to run under the NHRA rules for a particular class. Compare it to other vehicles in that class, not cars limited only by the owners wallet. I'm sure what a lot of you guys really want is just the solid axle kit and tranny to go with your SC 7.0L making 1000+hp.

Also, please don't compare this car to the ZL1! This car only has to go fast in a strait line for a 1/4 mile and only stop once. While it does this very well, It might not even win against a regular SS on the road course. The COPO does battle with the Cobra Jet, the ZL1 spanks the GT500!
Finally, somebody with a brain.
__________________
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #68
Scrappy Doo


 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Drives: Taylor Made SLDR
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W8n 4 Snow, Minnesota
Posts: 4,661
I like it!
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #69
CarbonSS
 
CarbonSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSRS11 View Post
I agree with Adams, GM designed this car to run under the NHRA rules for a particular class. Compare it to other vehicles in that class, not cars limited only by the owners wallet. I'm sure what a lot of you guys really want is just the solid axle kit and tranny to go with your SC 7.0L making 1000+hp.

Also, please don't compare this car to the ZL1! This car only has to go fast in a strait line for a 1/4 mile and only stop once. While it does this very well, It might not even win against a regular SS on the road course. The COPO does battle with the Cobra Jet, the ZL1 spanks the GT500!
Very well said! Either way you look at it, straight or around corners, looks like Camaros are starting to put up a pretty decent fight against Mustangs!!!
__________________
"Just face it, not everyone is supposed to make it."- Brad SSGT USMC

My Build Thread : http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155676
CarbonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #70
tandtperformance
 
tandtperformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: frederick
Posts: 961
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
whipple will be mad
i just got my performance parts catalog
under the specs for the for motors
327/2.9
then induction boosted 2.9l magnuson

Name:  pics24.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  8.2 KB
tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #71
radrace19
 
Drives: Pontiac G8 GXP
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandtperformance View Post
whipple will be mad
i just got my performance parts catalog
under the specs for the for motors
327/2.9
then induction boosted 2.9l magnuson

Attachment 313542
Might be a typo.
Look at the picture at the top of page 15 and count how many valve seals are in the picture for a singe head valve kit.
__________________
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix - 11.24 @ 121

2009.5 G8 GT (Liquid Red)
GXP fascia conversion, GXP diffuser

2009 GXP M6 (MSM) #405 586rwhp/495tq
TVS2300, CTS-V Fuel System, Cam 222/230 116 lsa, Monster Lever 4 Clutch, American Racing 1 7/8 headers, rear Brembo's w/working Parking brake
11.91 @ 119
radrace19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #72
DoggyB22
 
DoggyB22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Camaro Z28
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area/Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 215
Yea high to mid 9's..... I don't know I was expecting low 9's. They need to launch the shit out of it or throw some spray & get in the 8's
__________________

LT Pacesetter Headers, Moser 9" 3.89 Gears, FAST 90mm Intake & TB, 28" M/T Tires, Tune
Dyno'd 346 rwhp 354 lb tq
DoggyB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #73
Tim Adams
 
Tim Adams's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 1LTRS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minooka, IL
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyB22 View Post
Yea high to mid 9's..... I don't know I was expecting low 9's. They need to launch the shit out of it or throw some spray & get in the 8's
I give up. These cars are being built for NHRA STOCK RACING, what don't you people understand about this concept. The cars are going to run about the same as what everything else in that class is running.

They also have strict rules, that means no NOS people. ITS STOCK CLASS RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #74
GEEo
OKCamaros
 
GEEo's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 WRX STi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 4,600
any news on the N/A 427 numbers?
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #75
DoggyB22
 
DoggyB22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Camaro Z28
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area/Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Adams View Post
I give up. These cars are being built for NHRA STOCK RACING, what don't you people understand about this concept. The cars are going to run about the same as what everything else in that class is running.

They also have strict rules, that means no NOS people. ITS STOCK CLASS RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I know that..... I'm just saying should spray it & see what it runs?
__________________

LT Pacesetter Headers, Moser 9" 3.89 Gears, FAST 90mm Intake & TB, 28" M/T Tires, Tune
Dyno'd 346 rwhp 354 lb tq
DoggyB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 49 09-09-2014 05:46 AM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Pedders Suspension Benchmark Track Testing and New Jersey Track Day Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - NY / NJ / PA 35 10-26-2009 05:20 PM
Suspension guys out there - lets talk wheel hop Crowley Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 14 10-09-2009 12:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.