Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:48 AM   #188
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
Just ordered a bent style for my v6.
Thank you for your order! It will ship tomorrow... (well I guess today now?)

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket 1st AND 3rd owner!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #189
NewDivide
NewDivide

Drives: SW '13 1SS/RS & '12 Honda CRV
Hi, whatever became of the plate frames? Last update was that the colors weren't to close a match?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #190
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDivide View Post
Hi, whatever became of the plate frames? Last update was that the colors weren't to close a match?
Some of the colors were closer than others... The next problem with the colors became that since we don't do powder coating in house I've found that all of the local coaters including the one I use now have a minimum cost per color... So unfortunately unless I wanted to do a very large run of each color it wouldn't be worth the cost of powder coating here, and the price to do small runs of each color would price them ridiculously high so...

So they will be available in the same satin black that the brackets are because I can slip them in with a batch of brackets and the cost is minimal, and raw aluminum only... If you don't want black you can buy them raw and paint them, or powder coat them yourselves... Also, I can supply the "close match" powder for the end user to take the raw ones somewhere and have them powder coated themselves.

Cost for black is $35 for one or $60 for two (matching front and rear set, bent/flat style, or flat/flat style)

Cost for raw aluminum would be $30 for one or $50 for two. The cost of the powder would vary depending on the color, some of the "wilder" colors are a 2 coat process which would be more than the simpler colors.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket 1st AND 3rd owner!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #191
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

The GFX bracket we have has been confirmed to fit with the 1LE Camaro! I should have some decent pictures today I hope. I have added the option to our website on the front plate bracket page here: http://jacfab.com/products/camaro-pr...plate-bracket/

I currently have 5 in stock.

Anyone with anything other than a 1LE or V8 Dusk splitter please contact us first. The normal GFX cars will continue to be "semi-custom" to order because of their design and varying install procedures.

The standard v8 bracket will fit the v6 Dusk cars.

*EDIT* 12/3: Picture of the 1LE w/ bracket installed.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 12-03-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #192
C-redfly

Drives: 2012 completely Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Thank you for your order! It will ship tomorrow... (well I guess today now?)
I got the bracket thanks but I haven't opened it because I just picked a ZL1 front. I heard the bracket for the body kit will fit the ZL1, is this true?
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #193
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

Quote:
I got the bracket thanks but I haven't opened it because I just picked a ZL1 front. I heard the bracket for the body kit will fit the ZL1, is this true?
Unfortunately it will not fit... The ZL1 bracket will be its own specific bracket.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #194
C-redfly

Quote:
Unfortunately it will not fit... The ZL1 bracket will be its own specific bracket.
Ok so is it ok if I leave the v6 bracket in the package, and when the ZL1 bracket is complete, ship it back to you and pay the difference for the ZL1 bracket and I'll pay shipping both ways or am I sol?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #195
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

Quote:
Ok so is it ok if I leave the v6 bracket in the package, and when the ZL1 bracket is complete, ship it back to you and pay the difference for the ZL1 bracket and I'll pay shipping both ways or am I sol?
Not a problem. It would be great If you could send me an email to jason@jacfab.com and I will save it with the others interested in the ZL1 bracket, and I will let you know when they are ready. I'm hoping they will be ready to rock within the next couple weeks. I would not ask you to pay shipping both ways, one way for the new product is sufficient and I will send a prepaid return label for the previous product, assuming it is not used.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 AM   #196
C-redfly

Quote:
Not a problem. It would be great If you could send me an email to jason@jacfab.com and I will save it with the others interested in the ZL1 bracket, and I will let you know when they are ready. I'm hoping they will be ready to rock within the next couple weeks. I would not ask you to pay shipping both ways, one way for the new product is sufficient and I will send a prepaid return label for the previous product, assuming it is not used.
Email sent. Thanks again
Old 12-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #197
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

The first small batch of ZL1 brackets is supposed to be cut TOMORROW!! Also cutting a small batch of 1LE brackets at the same time as well as a full batch of v6 bent brackets.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #198
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
mine comes in tomorrow !!!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #199
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxxBombers213 View Post
mine comes in tomorrow !!!
I heard you got it, hope the install goes fine! Let me know if there are any problems...

ZL1 owners! I will have the first small batch of our "heavy duty" ZL1 brackets next week!

I'm sure you're wondering what the difference would be between the HD, and "Lite" version? The HD version is essentially the same construction of all of our other brackets (think of them all as HD by design), with the exception of the ZL1 front end allows for 4 mounting points instead of the traditional 2 like the rest. Like the GFX/1LE bracket the HD ZL1 bracket also requires machined aluminum spacers which take up the space between the bracket and the body because of the splitter. The HD unit would be the best choice for someone that plans to push their ZL1 to it's limits on the track... The HD unit is constructed out of 3/16" aluminum, CNC waterjet cut, and bent on a CNC press brake, followed by a durable powder coated finish, just like all of our other brackets currently available...

The "Lite" version design just came about today while trial fitting the HD version... (Possibly) Constructed out of 1/8" aluminum (material thickness is not set in stone yet, 1/8" is to be tested for stability prior to making a run of these), and attaching at the front rather than the traditional mounting points we've used on the other brackets. By utilizing only 2 of the 4 available mounting points, the "Lite" version can be made smaller in size than the original HD design, which in turn allows us to get more units out of material... A win win for everyone, it's more affordable for us to product, which in turn makes it more affordable for the end user. Specifics aside, don't let the name fool you, I think that the "Lite" version will will still be more than stable for every day driving, and light track use.

They are currently 4 HD brackets left that are not spoken for if you guys would like to sign up for them. I am working on more, which should be ready shortly after the first batch is done, as well as a "Lite" design which won't be available until late Dec-Early Jan.

First batch ZL1 HD bracket allocation:

1. B. Lee (paid)
2. C-Redfly (C5 user) (exchange)
3. John Elway Chevrolet (paid)
4. John Elway Chevrolet (paid)
5. B. Johnson (paid)
6. HelloWorld (c5 user)
7. Deuceman (c5 user) (paid)
8. Local customer
9. ForensicDoc (c5 user) (paid)

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 12-13-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #200
deuceman

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #479 - 05 Silverado SS
Put me down for ZL1 HD bracket! email sent.
deuceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #201
ForensicDoc

Drives: 2015 Audi S8
Please put me down for the ZL1 HD Bracket.
Also sent email.
ForensicDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:43 AM   #202
deuceman

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #479 - 05 Silverado SS
Pymt sent!
deuceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #203
S1rPunch

Drives: 2013 2LT/AGM/Gray Int/RS/Nav
PM sent
S1rPunch is offline   Reply With Quote