Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #76
boostedsix

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Vert
Got mine on tonight, fits great nice product! beats drilling those holes
Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #77
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBU View Post
Any hope of another sale (like your Christmas one) in the near future? It's a beautiful product, and I haven't seen any solution close to matching it on looks.
I believe we are planning some kind of sale around the 4th of July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsix View Post
Got mine on tonight, fits great nice product! beats drilling those holes
Thanks!

Update on the stock situation. Just got off the phone with the powder coater, and I will be picking the brackets up in the morning! V8 bent, and v6 bent and flat styles. Unfortunately the WaterJet shop cut all v8 bent, and did not cut any v8 flat like a specified, so I'll I've got is the v8 bent for the moment. I have reset the stock on the website, so you can order as you please.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #78
TexasBU

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Just ordered mine.
TexasBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #79
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Just ordered mine.
Thanks for your order!

Please note:

We will be closed this Friday, April 20th. All orders received will be shipped out the following Monday.

We will also be closed next Friday, April 27th, as we will be traveling to the nearest dyno (quite a ways away) to get numbers for our new prototype cold air intake system vs the stock air box.

Thanks for the orders C5!!!

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #80
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Hey Jason, any update on a version that will work with a splitter?
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #81
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Hey Jason, any update on a version that will work with a splitter?
I assume you're talking about the GM GFX, yes? I have received measurements from a c5 member about 4 hrs north of me, and finally located a car locally with the GFX. I hope to have a prototype to try on one of these cars within the next couple weeks.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #82
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLOW 1 of Only 28
BEST MOD I have done to date Looks and fits great

skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #83
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
BEST MOD I have done to date Looks and fits great
Thanks!

Had a hang up with the latest batch of the v8 brackets at the powder coater, but we are shipping them out the door now! All order have been shipped! Thanks for all of the orders C5!

Also watch for dyno results from the new JacFab cold air intake system to come in the next couple days!

Old 04-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #84
BGPAPA

Drives: 2011 2SS RS IOM
Ordered mine.. can't wait to get it.

Rich
Current Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake (color-match), GMPP Cat Back Exhaust, IOM Engine Cover, IOM Fuse Cover, Custom Bowties, Kicker Subwoofer and Amp, Wheel Locks, Custom Strut Brace, Strut Covers, Smoked Tail and reverse Lights.

BGPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #85
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGPAPA View Post
Ordered mine.. can't wait to get it.

Rich
Seems like I already sold you one? Back in the early days on "the other Camaro forum"??? Or maybe just talked about buying one? Either way it has shipped today

Thanks for all the weekend orders C5!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #86
BGPAPA

Drives: 2011 2SS RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Seems like I already sold you one? Back in the early days on "the other Camaro forum"??? Or maybe just talked about buying one? Either way it has shipped today

Thanks for all the weekend orders C5!
Yes you did, it was a V6, I traded up to an SS. I loved the bracket on my V6 so I know the SS V8 is going to be awesome.

Rich
Current Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake (color-match), GMPP Cat Back Exhaust, IOM Engine Cover, IOM Fuse Cover, Custom Bowties, Kicker Subwoofer and Amp, Wheel Locks, Custom Strut Brace, Strut Covers, Smoked Tail and reverse Lights.

BGPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #87
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I assume you're talking about the GM GFX, yes? I have received measurements from a c5 member about 4 hrs north of me, and finally located a car locally with the GFX. I hope to have a prototype to try on one of these cars within the next couple weeks.
How about the Razzi GFX, any plans on building one to fit on that splitter?
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:50 AM   #88
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGPAPA View Post
Yes you did, it was a V6, I traded up to an SS. I loved the bracket on my V6 so I know the SS V8 is going to be awesome.

Rich
Ah, I thought the forum name looked familiar. Congrats on the SS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepton View Post
How about the Razzi GFX, any plans on building one to fit on that splitter?
I'd have to see pictures from the bottom of it on the car... There is a possibility that the one I'm working on for the GM GFX may fit, but can't say without seeing pics.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #89
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Just picked up a batch of v8 bent, and v6 bent and flat brackets yesterday from the powder coater. Plenty in stock!

Old 05-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #90
googleyes

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS LS3
just ordered mine for v8 bent, keep up the great work
10/26/2010 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order pulled to the production system
10/26/2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered
10/27/2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
10/27/2010 - (3300) Order Scheduled for Production 10/28/2010 - (3400) Order Broadcast
11/11/2010 - (3800) Order produced
11/11/2010 - (4000) Vehicle available to ship
11/11/2010 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting
11/15/2010 - (4200) Shipped
googleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #91
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by googleyes View Post
just ordered mine for v8 bent, keep up the great work
Thank you for your order, it has already shipped, you should have received an email with the UPS tracking info!

Good news for the current and future ZL1 owners, I was able to get pictures and dimensions from a ZL1 owner, and am going to start working on a new ZL1 prototype tonight!

Also for the GM GFX guys, I was finally able to locate a local SS GFX car, and hope to try the first prototype on the owners car next weekend!

Plenty of SS, and V6 brackets, both styles (bent and flat) in stock!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #92
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

We currently have some "Scratch & Dent" sale items listed here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4970519 for anyone that is interested in getting one of these at a nice discount. Mechanically perfect, minor cosmetic issues that will be hidden once the license plate is installed.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #93
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Finishing up the latest batch of v6 brackets now, and we have loads of the v8 brackets in stock! Get em while they're hot, right out of the powder coating oven!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #94
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Thanks for all the recent orders C5!

Plenty of bent style brackets in stock now for both the v6 & v8 cars, working on more flat style brackets at the moment.

Hoping to try the GFX bracket prototype on the car this weekend, stay tuned!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #95
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Any hope of another sale (like your Christmas one) in the near future? It's a beautiful product, and I haven't seen any solution close to matching it on looks.
I'm planning on ordering a front bracket for my '10 SS. As I've waited almost 3 years,
I guess I can wait for that possible July 4 sale.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #96
Hulk2011

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
I got one and bracket fits perfectly. Now I dont have to worry about the cops...
Hulk2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #97
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

GFX prototype trial a success!

Good news for factory (and hopefully some aftermarket) ground effects 2010+ Camaro owners! We tried our new GFX prototype No-Drill front license plate bracket on the test car today and it fit great! It's also VERY stable, like our other brackets.

With the extra long bolt slots, it potentially opens the bracket to possibly fit a variety of aftermarket ground effects splitters, also enabling you to change the position of how close the bracket is to the bumper depending on your comfort-ability.

Still trying to figure out exactly how we want to price these, as the factory GFX cars require a machined aluminum spacer w/ longer bolts which we will have to charge slightly more for. But I don't imagine most after market splitters will need the spacers as the majority I have seen mount flat against the body of the car, and there is no empty space to take up with the spacers like the factory gfx.

I'm thinking I may offer the bracket and the spacers separately so if a guy with after market ground effects that doesn't need them, he won't have to get them.

Probably going to order material to start making these Mon/Tues, and I know there was a pretty large amount of people that had asked me about the factory GFX bracket over the the last few months or more... I'm sure a lot have found other options, offed the car, or continued to be a rebel not running the front plate, but there have been quite a few that have been holding out for me to come up with something and check in often...

If anyone is interested in one of these please let me know and I'll start a list, as I'd like to get a general idea of how many I should make for this first batch.

Unfortunately I won't have actual pricing until Monday, but I do know it will be more expensive than the other brackets; due to the shape/longer size, I get about 40% less brackets out of a sheet of material than I do with the v6/v8 brackets. Then the spacers have to be machined also (if needed). That does not necessarily mean the price will be 40% more than the v6/v8 brackets, I'm trying to keep them as affordable as possible. I just have to get the final pricing from the water jet cutting place, and I will post the final prices.

*EDIT* 6/2: I did some rough math this morning, and I don't think the water-jet cost will change enough to not allow me to disclose a price. The new GFX brackets will be $84.95 w/ the spacers required to fit with the factory gfx cars. IF the bracket will fit your car with an aftermarket gfx splitter, without the spacers, the bracket alone will be $75.95.

As mentioned before I will order material Mon/Tues. I can only get 12 gfx brackets out of a sheet of material due the the increased length, and the lateral support bracing, so if I can get close to, or more than 12 people signed up to buy one, I will order more material... Also, this first run will be for a bent style only as I have to sit down and do a slight slight redesign for a flat style.

This was tested on a v8 car with the gfx... I'm assuming this will also fit the v6 gfx cars, but it would be great if I could get someone to take/send me some pictures of your v6 car w/ gfx as I should be able to tell just from looking at the pictures if this will work.

I apologize for the poor quality pictures btw, all I had on me was my cell phone. Below is the list for the first 12 that are confirmed, or have already paid.

1. John J. (Test car owner) - Tried to pay, but I wouldn't allow it since he let me use his car
2. Autobot - PAID
3. Teamradrz1 - PAID
4. Jim K.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 06-26-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #98
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 V.R. & 2006 Jetta TDI
PM sent

But yeah I want the bent design after all
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #99
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 V.R. & 2006 Jetta TDI
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #100
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Still lots of slots left for the first GFX batch, material should show up on the truck tomorrow, then we're off and running!

Plenty of v6 flat and bent, and v8 bent brackets in stock! Working on v8 flat styles now, should be ready to ship mid-next week.

Thanks for the orders C5!