Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #101
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
License plate frames to fit the bent style brackets now in the works!

Something we've been kicking around for a while was to make a license plate frame to fit our bent style front plate brackets, and I've finished the first one today.

We're working with a local powder coat materials manufacturer to color match the Camaro paint colors, so we can offer these powder coated to match your car... They will not say JacFab on them, only this one does because it's for our shop car. The JacFab on the bottom is a vinyl sticker, and could be made to say whatever you want (within the space limits) in white, silver, or black...

No price as of yet as we don't know what the color matched powder coating is going to cost us. Probably going to be a couple weeks on the powder as I'm waiting for a Camaro paint chip page to come in the mail to give to the powder manufacturer. These color matched powders for powder coating will also be used on our up and coming cold air intake systems to offer a color matched option.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #102
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Count me in for an IBM Blue one.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushings,Forgestar F14's 20x9/11,Nitto Motivos, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #103
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
I just ordered a flat one for my new 45th Anniversary V6 vert. The plates just came in last night and my dealer begged me not to drill. He let me know that there were no drill options - I'm glad I listened! Can't wait to get this as the DPS around here seems to hone in on no front plate. They got my wife recently with a warning as Texas law get messed up and there is no penalty for now until the next legislature meets in 2013. I'd prefer not giving them a reason to pull me over
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #104
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 V.R. & 2006 Jetta TDI
I like it but Texas law states that the frame can not touch any of the lettering anywhere on the plate. With the way this one is designed it would cover up The Lone Star State at the bottom of the plate.

Can you design one that is mirrors the top of the frame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Something we've been kicking around for a while was to make a license plate frame to fit our bent style front plate brackets, and I've finished the first one today.

We're working with a local powder coat materials manufacturer to color match the Camaro paint colors, so we can offer these powder coated to match your car... They will not say JacFab on them, only this one does because it's for our shop car. The JacFab on the bottom is a vinyl sticker, and could be made to say whatever you want (within the space limits) in white, silver, or black...

No price as of yet as we don't know what the color matched powder coating is going to cost us. Probably going to be a couple weeks on the powder as I'm waiting for a Camaro paint chip page to come in the mail to give to the powder manufacturer. These color matched powders for powder coating will also be used on our up and coming cold air intake systems to offer a color matched option.
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #105
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWHD View Post
I just ordered a flat one for my new 45th Anniversary V6 vert. The plates just came in last night and my dealer begged me not to drill. He let me know that there were no drill options - I'm glad I listened! Can't wait to get this as the DPS around here seems to hone in on no front plate. They got my wife recently with a warning as Texas law get messed up and there is no penalty for now until the next legislature meets in 2013. I'd prefer not giving them a reason to pull me over
Thank you for your order I can't say that I blame them for not wanting you to drill holes in such a beautiful 45th edition car. Funny about 75% of the brackets I sell end up going to Texas, and it's looking like next week a Chevy Dealership in Texas will be stocking my brackets to offer all new Camaro sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
I like it but Texas law states that the frame can not touch any of the lettering anywhere on the plate. With the way this one is designed it would cover up The Lone Star State at the bottom of the plate.

Can you design one that is mirrors the top of the frame?
I can design one with a thin border all the way around. Maybe the one pictured will just be a one off, and I only offer the thin border frame so as to know it should pass state laws that prohibit covering any words on the plate. Oregon state law states that the tags must not be covered, and that's it, hence why that one is the way it was designed.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Old 06-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #106
NewDivide
NewDivide

Drives: SW '13 1SS/RS & '12 Honda CRV
I may be interested in a bent plate frame. The JacFab plate holder is awesome by the way.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #107
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDivide View Post
I may be interested in a bent plate frame. The JacFab plate holder is awesome by the way.
Thanks! Glad you are hapy with it!

Flat style v8 brackets are back in stock! All style currently in stock, and working on cutting out the GFX brackets now!

Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #108
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Updated list for the first GFX batch:

1. John J. (Test car owner) - Tried to pay, but I wouldn't allow it since he let me use his car
2. Autobot - PAID
3. Teamradrz1 - PAID
4. Jim K. - PAID
5. Tom. S

These are being cut now, and will go to powder coat next week.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 06-26-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #109
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Updated GFX order list.

We are getting low on v6 bent, and out of v6 flat brackets, but are working on more, and expect them to be done the same time as the GFX brackets. Plenty of v8 stuff in stock!

Old 06-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #110
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

GFX brackets, as well as v6 bent and flat brackets going to powder coat today. V6 brackets should be ready to start shipping again hopefully by the end of the week, with the GFX brackets ready to start shipping mid next week!

The license plate frame has been redesigned to not cover any of the license plate words per various state law requirements, just waiting on the color matched powder coating material so they can head into production.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #111
NewDivide
NewDivide

Drives: SW '13 1SS/RS & '12 Honda CRV
Any pre-prod pics of the lic. plate frames to wet the appetites????
Old 06-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #112
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1951 Mercury
pm sent, checking to see if you have v8 flat in stock, friends are teasing me too much about my ghetto zip tie setup.

Mods: GPI Tune | Bo's PTB | Kooks LTs | Hooker Maxflows | Circle D 3200 | New Era OTR | RCR AirRam Manifold | Powerbond UDP | 3.91s

LSX Record List: http://motorhed.com/xf/threads/lsx-r...the-list.6022/
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #113
Pro Stock John
Writer

Ordered!

John R in Chicago
Mods: GPI Tune | Bo's PTB | Kooks LTs | Hooker Maxflows | Circle D 3200 | New Era OTR | RCR AirRam Manifold | Powerbond UDP | 3.91s

Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #114
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDivide View Post
Any pre-prod pics of the lic. plate frames to wet the appetites????
Not just yet, just the pic above at the moment. The redesigned frame essentially looks the same as the top in the picture above, all the way around. Waiting on the first batch to be cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
pm sent, checking to see if you have v8 flat in stock, friends are teasing me too much about my ghetto zip tie setup.
Ah, peer pressure marketing, that's a new one LOL, pm replied, we do have the v8 flat style in stock currently.

*edit* Thanks for you order! It will ship today, UPS tracking info to follow shortly after.

*edit* The local ZL1 has already come and gone, and I didn't get to look at it, so I decided to look at the Adding a ZL1 front end to your car thread to find diagrams, and part numbers... Nice and easy... Anyway, I caled my local dealer and ordered the "support" piece, the lower grill fascia, and some of the nuts and bolts. That should be all I need to speed the ZL1 bracket along. It may even make a decent product display if I'm lucky!

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 06-28-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #115
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

The No-drill/No-Adhesive license plate brackets for the factory ground effects cars are done, and will start shipping out on Friday! The bracket mounting points are slotted for extra adjustability, and could also fit a variety of aftermarket ground effects.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 07-03-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #116
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Question Shipping today?

Quote:
The No-drill/No-Adhesive license plate brackets for the factory ground effects cars are done, and will start shipping out on Tuesday! The bracket mounting points are slotted for extra adjustability, and could also fit a variety of aftermarket ground effects.
Are the GFX brackets shipping out today?
Old 07-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #117
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Are the GFX brackets shipping out today?
That was the original plan to start shipping today, but yesterday I came to find out that the GFX brackets do not fit into the boxes used for the regular brackets because they are longer. I just ordered the bigger boxes this morning, and hope to have them Friday, then they will ship.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #118
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Quote:
That was the original plan to start shipping today, but yesterday I came to find out that the GFX brackets do not fit into the boxes used for the regular brackets because they are longer. I just ordered the bigger boxes this morning, and hope to have them Friday, then they will ship.
well poo lol
have to wait I have to wait
Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #119
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
well poo lol
have to wait I have to wait
I appreciate your patience.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #120
Pro Stock John
Writer

Much win, like it a lot. Excellent quality!

Quick pic

Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #121
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Much win, like it a lot. Excellent quality!
Fantastic! Glad you like it John, looks good on there! Hopefully your friends will get off your back now

Got my ZL1 lower grill, and underneath "support" plate piece that I ordered to make a ZL1 bracket easier... I was REALLY hoping that the new GFX bracket would be able to be made to work with it, but the legs are too long :( I thought well, maybe a normal V8 bracket would fit, held one up there, and it's just too short...

Modifying either of them permanently will result in them not working for their original designed cars... SO looks like the ZL1 will have it's own unique bracket also, just like the rest of the crowd.

Now that I've got these pieces it should be very easy for me to make a bracket, in a relatively short amount of time. I imagine I can probably have a prototype by the end of next week.

Once I get it finalized, these 2 pieces, along with a bunch of the screws and nuts I bought that I didn't need will be for sale in the classifieds for all you ZL1 front end swappers out there!
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #122
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
I put in an order for a bent license plate bracket. cant wait to get it to get DPS off my back here in the lovely state of Texas. I had a long run without it.... considering I don't need it when i go back to Michigan. I refuse to drill or alter my bumper for a pointless law like that one.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #123
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Thanks for your order! It will ship today!

Old 07-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #124
firecross91

Drives: ZL1 #1691 Black on black.
Are the ZL1's ready?
firecross91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #125
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecross91 View Post
Are the ZL1's ready?
Still working on it, hoping to send a prototype out for a test fit next week.

On that note, just picked up another batch of V6 brackets from the powder coater today! Plenty of v6 & v8 brackets for everyone!