Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #57
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,268
Richard,

Can you please go back there with a decent quality digital camera when the black stripes are on? You would be doing many members here a favor since we have yet to see the black rally stripes on a any car let alone yellow (which shoudl look very nice).

Thanks!
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #58
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937
 
richardhoggard's Avatar
 
Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIchael Westen View Post

Interesting that the first cars manage to show up at Hendrick and Penske, isn't it?
I was just thinking the same thing... glad I got lucky and picked the right dealership.
__________________
First Camaro5 member to take delivery!! I'm the luckiest dude in the world!

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #59
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Richard,

Can you please go back there with a decent quality digital camera when the black stripes are on? You would be doing many members here a favor since we have yet to see the black rally stripes on a any car let alone yellow (which shoudl look very nice).

Thanks!
I know one guy in Eufala, AL who will be interested. Of course I still hope he sees his first in the next few days.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #60
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937
 
richardhoggard's Avatar
 
Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Richard,

Can you please go back there with a decent quality digital camera when the black stripes are on? You would be doing many members here a favor since we have yet to see the black rally stripes on a any car let alone yellow (which shoudl look very nice).

Thanks!
I wish I could, but the sales manager isn't going to let me go back there anymore... I am the only person that ordered that he even called about coming to check it out. I am good friends with another salesperson that works there (I put her husband in the Army) and she told me that she asked her manager if she could call her customer that ordered and he told her no... Hopefully I can put up some good pics of a black one when mine gets here! haha

Oh... and I don't have a bad quality digital camera, let alone a decent quality one.
__________________
First Camaro5 member to take delivery!! I'm the luckiest dude in the world!

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks


Last edited by richardhoggard; 04-15-2009 at 07:10 PM.
richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #61
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937
 
richardhoggard's Avatar
 
Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Change the name of the thread to "First Delivered, I win"

You may get more traffic but is this a members car?
I don't have any idea who owns this car... just know that he lives about 2 hrs north of Indy

I don't know how to change the name of the thread... but I think over 1600 views is pretty impressive. I feel like I actually made this forum better today!
__________________
First Camaro5 member to take delivery!! I'm the luckiest dude in the world!

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #62
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhoggard View Post
I don't have any idea who owns this car... just know that he lives about 2 hrs north of Indy

I don't know how to change the name of the thread... but I think over 1600 views is pretty impressive. I feel like I actually made this forum better today!






You've done more today than I have for the past year. lol











waiting......waiting........
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #63
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937
 
richardhoggard's Avatar
 
Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post


You've done more today than I have for the past year. lol


waiting......waiting........
I appreciate it... I'm still waiting too though...
__________________
First Camaro5 member to take delivery!! I'm the luckiest dude in the world!

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #64
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937
 
richardhoggard's Avatar
 
Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You WILL get used to it and very quickly. Won't take long at all.
I completely believe that I will... as far as I know, you have the most experience driving this beauty, and if you say it's OK, then who am I to argue... I've only turned the key once.
__________________
First Camaro5 member to take delivery!! I'm the luckiest dude in the world!

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #65
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937
 
richardhoggard's Avatar
 
Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 317
speaking of turning the key... I will admit that the sound wasn't as "throaty" as I would have expected, but it still sounded great!
__________________
First Camaro5 member to take delivery!! I'm the luckiest dude in the world!

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #66
DDustiNN

 
DDustiNN's Avatar
 
Drives: Soon: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,982
This is cool and all, but damn... I wouldn't want a bunch of people oogling and fiddling and playing with my car before I got it...

I know the dealer's gotta prep it and stuff, but I mean come on... it's not a showroom display car for everyone to sit in!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #67
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937
 
richardhoggard's Avatar
 
Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
This is cool and all, but damn... I wouldn't want a bunch of people oogling and fiddling and playing with my car before I got it...

I know the dealer's gotta prep it and stuff, but I mean come on... it's not a showroom display car for everyone to sit in!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that
I completely understand and agree, but I couldn't turn down the opportunity since today was the first time I had ever seen one of these in person. I was the only person that isn't an employee that was allowed to even look at it. I brought a friend with me when I went and the manager wouldn't even let him sit in it, so I can assure you that it was treated with the utmost respect. I promise there was much more oogling and fiddling by the employees of the dealer than by me... I was kinda afraid to touch anything because I didnt want to mess anything up, because I know I would kill someone if they did some thing to mine...
__________________
First Camaro5 member to take delivery!! I'm the luckiest dude in the world!

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #68
ClevelandPlasma
 
ClevelandPlasma's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhoggard View Post
I wish I could, but the sales manager isn't going to let me go back there anymore... I am the only person that ordered that he even called about coming to check it out. I am good friends with another salesperson that works there (I put her husband in the Army) and she told me that she asked her manager if she could call her customer that ordered and he told her no.
That is just wrong!! What is wrong with saying, hey we got another persons car in if you want to check it out, but no touching. ( Check it out from a distance, what are we 10. )

Not to mention if it was a brand new client who thought he was interested in a Camaro, I bet he would get to finger it up. Would he not???? Hell ya he would
ClevelandPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:34 AM   #69
KJS

 
KJS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cut Throat, NY
Posts: 1,695
For Roger Penske's family member?

Thinking about the fact that there is only one car delivered, it's yellow (Penske's corporate color) delivered to a Roger Penske dealership....makes me think that this car may be for one of Roger Penske's 5 grown children??? or a close personal friend.

I would think there would have been a hauler full of Camaro's if this was just a regular delivery....

But the good news is they're arriving! ! ! !
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:40 AM   #70
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned
 
Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Thinking about the fact that there is only one car delivered, it's yellow (Penske's corporate color) delivered to a Roger Penske dealership....makes me think that this car may be for one of Roger Penske's 5 grown children??? or a close personal friend.

I would think there would have been a hauler full of Camaro's if this was just a regular delivery....

But the good news is they're arriving! ! ! !
Penske owns a buttload of dealerships, along with UAG. Does the Penske family even live within the vacinity of that dealership??
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM dealership customer service and sales HPlover Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 15 04-01-2014 11:48 AM
Local Dealership suggest this site pewterss 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 10 03-22-2009 01:06 PM
Dealership issues...Any constructive input would be helpful achalk Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 7 03-16-2009 11:42 AM
Local dealership = failure Chewy Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 25 09-17-2008 12:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.