Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #511
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
So we need to know more about this Vengence tuner option.

Is this completely independant of Trifecta or are they using the same software or relying on Trifecta for tuning? Do you have to go to their shop to have it done?

If they could do it remotely and consistently pull off those kinds of gains on a stock V6, people would be on this like syrup on hot cakes lol.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #512
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
I googled them and it looks like theyve been pretty busy over the past few years. Holy cow if they're getting 26hp off of the tune then that's pretty impressive.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #513
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Looks like I'm going to give them a ring to see what i can find out

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #514
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Vengeance uses they own tuning software. And I doubt it has anything to do with Trifecta. That I know of till tomorrow is that they tune while you sit on they dyno. They are very accomplished and my car club is divided between Vengeance and HPS. I will update when I have more info.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #515
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Thanks to Tracy I should be getting my new HP pump soon! Tracy is in the loop with HPS and the turbo build so he is shipping it over there and installing there also! I can't wait!!! I also started using the Torque App on my finacee's old HTC phone. And I have to say it's very accurate and supports everything the car is collecting info on. The RWHP/RWTQ calculator is also pretty spot on. I got 335rwhp/325rwhp at 55MPH with the back kicking out. This isn't 100% reliable but an awesome tool.

Also learn something at the track last week that makes sense. I was told that many C5 owners launch the cars with all the nannies on. But after leaving the line the turn off the TC for the rest of the run. All our club cars except one had issue running and were getting around 13.5-14.6 from they SS's. So I will be trying this when I do hit the track finally.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #516
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I bet they are using trifecta software. There are lots of company that purchase the software but market under their own name. Maybe I'm wrong, but if they was doing it since last year than it has to be trifecta program. We can do the same for $2500:p
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #517
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Lol that makes sense. But that is Vengeance that has been tuning LLT's since last year. HPS I have no clue, but since they will be having my new pump I'll know soon enough. But they could be also. If I knew how to tune I would pay for the $2500 license lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #518
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Thanks to Tracy I should be getting my new HP pump soon! Tracy is in the loop with HPS and the turbo build so he is shipping it over there and installing there also! I can't wait!!! I also started using the Torque App on my finacee's old HTC phone. And I have to say it's very accurate and supports everything the car is collecting info on. The RWHP/RWTQ calculator is also pretty spot on. I got 335rwhp/325rwhp at 55MPH with the back kicking out. This isn't 100% reliable but an awesome tool.

Also learn something at the track last week that makes sense. I was told that many C5 owners launch the cars with all the nannies on. But after leaving the line the turn off the TC for the rest of the run. All our club cars except one had issue running and were getting around 13.5-14.6 from they SS's. So I will be trying this when I do hit the track finally.
I have the Torque app....it really is great for how cheap it is. I've never actually tried the HP/TQ calculations....I'll have to try that out.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #519
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I have the Torque app....it really is great for how cheap it is. I've never actually tried the HP/TQ calculations....I'll have to try that out.
Is this the app of which you speak? It's the app in the lower left corner above the phone app.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #520
KMPrenger

Jak....I could very well be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is not it. I believe they only make the application for Android based phones.

Here is the website
http://torque-bhp.com/

Google store website:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.torque&hl=en

and here is the icon on my phone:
Old 04-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #521
KMPrenger

jak, apparantly this is similar to Torque for Android, but for iPhone

http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

Have to buy one of a few different options for the OBDII adapter with it, and sometimes they can be expensive.

If you view the info under the "more..." link on this appstore page it gives details

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rev/id302420711?mt=8

OK...sorry to derail the thread lol Back to originally scheduled programming!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #522
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
jak, apparantly this is similar to Torque for Android, but for iPhone

http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

Have to buy one of a few different options for the OBDII adapter with it, and sometimes they can be expensive.

If you view the info under the "more..." link on this appstore page it gives details

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rev/id302420711?mt=8

OK...sorry to derail the thread lol Back to originally scheduled programming!
Well this is the app I downloaded:

and yikes. This is the one you're referring to.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #523
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

I had the DashCommand app which is the best one for the iPhone but when I seen Torque app and the reviews I loved it. Plus it only cost $5, and the BlueTooth adapter was $20. Compared to the crazy prices of the 2 iPhone app's and the adapter for the iPhone cost $99. So what I did was took my fiancee's old HTC phone and hooked it up to wifi and got the app and ordered the adapter. Also asked for a refund of the DashCommand app lol. But these are the 2 best ones for the iPhone if you choose to go that route.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #524
SIXJAK

Quote:
I had the DashCommand app which is the best one for the iPhone but when I seen Torque app and the reviews I loved it. Plus it only cost $5, and the BlueTooth adapter was $20. Compared to the crazy prices of the 2 iPhone app's and the adapter for the iPhone cost $99. So what I did was took my fiancee's old HTC phone and hooked it up to wifi and got the app and ordered the adapter. Also asked for a refund of the DashCommand app lol. But these are the 2 best ones for the iPhone if you choose to go that route.
Way jealous of how many bars you have at your house as opposed to mine...lol.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #525
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Way jealous of how many bars you have at your house as opposed to mine...lol.
Lmao, I stay in the Metro Atlanta area so we get awesome service & 4G. But AT&T is beefing up big time everywhere.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #526
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Vince is back on the job and is already reading my last logs. Hope to have a update soon after I install a reworked/improved intake tube Tracy sent me. But the real good stuff will happen when I get the new pump installed.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #527
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Vince is back on the job and is already reading my last logs. Hope to have a update soon after I install a reworked/improved intake tube Tracy sent me. But the real good stuff will happen when I get the new pump installed.

awesome thanks for the update man!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote