Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #421
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Very cool, I wish I knew there was a dyno in Conyers, I stay there everytime I head down that way. Just curious, whats holding up the headers without the V-bands? Might need to use that band-aid in the future! Any exhaust leak will take away spool and power big time if its real bad. I also have a small exhaust leak at the header-cat from using a cheap collector gasket, the inside of the header heat shield is all black from soot. Its been leaking for many thousand of miles!
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #422
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Very cool, I wish I knew there was a dyno in Conyers, I stay there everytime I head down that way. Just curious, whats holding up the headers without the V-bands? Might need to use that band-aid in the future! Any exhaust leak will take away spool and power big time if its real bad. I also have a small exhaust leak at the header-cat from using a cheap collector gasket, the inside of the header heat shield is all black from soot. Its been leaking for many thousand of miles!
Yeah man I just found out Conyers had one. It's $50 for 3 pulls, $75 for a hour. The exhaust leak IS HUGE on the passenger side, small on the driver side. It's loud as hell lol, and I'm using it as a DD right now as my buddy car broke down and is using my DD. Spool is slow but the kick is still there, can't wait to see how big of a difference after all the leaks are fixed. And the old V clamps are still on there holding everything together. Just can't tighten up the clamps to get a full seal. And the way Tracy supported the system it is more than enough to keep everything in place.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #423
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Yeah man I just found out Conyers had one. It's $50 for 3 pulls, $75 for a hour. The exhaust leak IS HUGE on the passenger side, small on the driver side. It's loud as hell lol, and I'm using it as a DD right now as my buddy car broke down and is using my DD. Spool is slow but the kick is still there, can't wait to see how big of a difference after all the leaks are fixed. And the old V clamps are still on there holding everything together. Just can't tighten up the clamps to get a full seal. And the way Tracy supported the system it is more than enough to keep everything in place.
Cot Damn that is cheap! lucky dog!

If you can hear it, it has to definitely affect performance lol. I wonder what your results would be after its all fixed up like if you have to lower boost or get a new tune etc... I understand the problem your having with the vbands, I've had a similar problem with my vbands and tbolts in the past because of stripped threads not allowing it to tighten past a certain point. But unlike tracy's system, mines is not that well supported so any critical failure in the piping system could possibly have my turbo scrappin down the road behind me lol. I hope the new JBA's can fix your problem
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #424
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Cot Damn that is cheap! lucky dog!

If you can hear it, it has to definitely affect performance lol. I wonder what your results would be after its all fixed up like if you have to lower boost or get a new tune etc... I understand the problem your having with the vbands, I've had a similar problem with my vbands and tbolts in the past because of stripped threads not allowing it to tighten past a certain point. But unlike tracy's system, mines is not that well supported so any critical failure in the piping system could possibly have my turbo scrappin down the road behind me lol. I hope the new JBA's can fix your problem
Yes I will need a new tune after the fix. The tune has the AFR on the limits. But I haven't been pushing the car yet. If I hit boost it's because I'm gradually going up the RPM range. Swapping out the wastegate springs also to a softer one for now till everything is dialed in perfect. BUT April 20th my club has a whole lane at Atlanta Dragway reserved for us to run all night long. So a whole lot of TT V6 vs SS and everything else coming then.

Not trying to rush the car to run at full blast till I get most of the bugs worked out. But I will be running full balls on the 20th even if I have to up the Meth to keep my AFR's down till Vince gets me another update.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #425
CamaroPhotos

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS; 1965 Chevy Impala
Can't_C_Me...that is one bad @$$ ride! Subscribed so I don't miss any new vids!!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #426
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Just blew away a Tuned/bolt-on Nismo 370Z and a bolt-on TSX Type S away. And I ain't running at 100% yet lol. It was on our close road at work before anyone says anything.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #427
Brolik10
BLOWN!!!

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
Cisco! Do not destroy the TT before I get to ride in it again or it gets to 100%! Please and thank u!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #428
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolik10 View Post
Cisco! Do not destroy the TT before I get to ride in it again or it gets to 100%! Please and thank u!! Lol

lol, The tune update I got last week keeps my AFR's in a good range for now. When I get the exhaust leaks fixed thats when things will get ify again since I will be spooling ALOT faster. I'm being cheap right now lol they charging me $120 to put on the clamps and patch the leaks. I know this could be done for cheaper.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #429
Brolik10
BLOWN!!!

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
Who's doing the work?

Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #430
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolik10 View Post
Who's doing the work?

"Conyer's Mufflers" by my job, they have done work for me before. Everyone else is scared to touch the car and expensive turbo's lol. Or are charging me stupid amount because of the turbo's lol!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #431
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Just wondering any news or new videos?
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #432
Alrighty Then

Drives: 2010 V6 M6 Camaro
I thought you just got the car back from rx. Why are you already dealing with exhaust leaks and it not being dialed in? Just curious, not trying to discount anything or flame you thread.
Alrighty Then is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #433
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrighty Then View Post
I thought you just got the car back from rx. Why are you already dealing with exhaust leaks and it not being dialed in? Just curious, not trying to discount anything or flame you thread.
I believe it's his JBA shorty headers that are leaking, which is not part of the RX package... he was waiting on new clamps from JBA.. IIRC
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #434
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Correct Scrming, just waiting to get the clamps installed. I could do it myself but having the whole exhaust system checked for leaks just in cause. And having my wastegate springs swapped out for 7.25psi ones also. Anymore datalogs to Vince would be pointless at this point till I get this done. I got the clamps late last week as they been on back order. But she still runs good and hard. Track numbers on the 20th when me and the club get a whole lane to ourselves. But after Wednesday I should have dyno numbers with the current tune. Then will run again after I get the newest tune.